Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shockadin Spec Viable again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekool
    I had a pretty well PvP Geared Shockadin at 70, comparing then to now......not as good but still fun, blame ret pallies for getting judgements nerfed
    I blame the developers for not realizing there are 3 very different aspects to one class. If they thought for one minute that applying AP and SP modifiers to almost every paladin spell would be ok for the 3 different specs they are dead wrong.

It would be very easy to change the coefficients on the 3 damage seals to work for each spec.
    Righteous for holy, Base damage + SP + Int
    Vengeance/corruption for prot, Base damage + (tanking stat) + SP
    command/blood/Martyr for Ret, AP + SP [weapon speed]

Shaman have weapon imbues built around each spec. How hard would it have been to do the same thing for Paladin.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

yiptastic

I won't play holy in the "shockadin" concept, but rather, I'll take healing as my primary task, and offense and secondary.

Shockadin will be viable, but I think it will defeat the strengths of holy.

Deleted

I actually tried a JotP Shockadin build on the PTR on the dummies, but my holy gear is admittedly sub-par compared to my Ret gear (1650 SP holy specced).

I had Holy Shocks critting for 4,5k without the T7 bonus. Judgement and Seal damage with SoR seemed lacking, JoR critting just above 2k (SoR glyph, SotP, JotP, and Judgement glyph). My Exorcism (glyphed) also hit for ~25% less than as Ret. Consecration was lacking as well, ~200-250 ticks.

Can't see these pieces building up to reach Ret PvE DPS even with better gear, SP scalings are just screwed up with trying to balance them for all specs. This build wouldn't even bring Replenishment like Ret does.

As for PvP, I agree an "offensive Holy Pally" can be, and is, quite good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by shockpally
    So why is 37/00/34 doing So well in arena? Because somebody tried it and was successful enough to generate interest in it.

With a 40/00/21 build i healed up into ZA. Due to playtime restrictions i would have been successful anywhere else also. With A 52/00/19 build i heal just as well as any cookie cutter raid healing spec and do better damage.

As far as raiding goes of course you want to have a holy and ret on boss fights. From level 70-80 and pre raiding a deep holy Beacon shockadin build is superior to any cookie cutter spec.
    52/00/19 is pretty much the cookie cutter raidhealing spec..

Also shockadin is the most retarded contraction of 2 words in the history of mankind.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear