Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Retribution in 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Blindknight
    It's called Seal of Blood/Judgement of Blood and Glyph of Seal of Blood, in alliance terms Seal of Martyr and ofc JoW.
    Glyph of Spiritual Attunement is better than Glyph of Seal of Blood.

A heal of 1000 would normally give 100 mana. (10% of the heal)

Glyph of Seal of Blood
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Paladin
    Requires Level 50
    Use: Your Seal of Blood or Seal of the Martyr increases the mana received from Spiritual Attunement by 10% while active.

This increases the mana received by 10%. The bonus is multiplicative, so you get 10 more mana, or 110 mana total.. 11% of the original heal.

Glyph of Spiritual Attunement
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Paladin
    Requires Level 18
    Use: Increases the amount of mana gained from your Spiritual Attunement spell by an additional 2%.

This increases the mana gain from 10% to 12%. Its additive, giving 120 mana from a 1000 heal.

120 > 110

Don't nead SoB/tM active to use it either.

...but I guess what bothers me is, you brag about being able to never go OOM without using divine plea... uh.. so what? Why don't you swap out your SoB glyph for something better and just spam Divine Plea whenever its up? Try using Judgment, CS and Consecrate glyphs. I bet you'd save more mana with CS and Consecrate glyphs than you'll get using Glyph of SoB.

Re: Retribution in 3.1

Hi folks

Well, atm Im in the state of waiting. I'm a bit worried of the way Blizz is taking now, but who knows. If we strictly spec only to talents we need to improve our dmg, we have 13 free points to spend (11 if you insist to take Imp BoM, matter of personal taste imho). I'm 95% sure they will add new talents.

As for my current perfomance, Im doing well. As a matter of fact, extremly well Im satisfied how retridins are now. As for dps, my top was 4400 overall dps after 3 quarters in Naxx (Military, Plague and Construct). On single target fights im doing obviously less well, well geared mages and hunters and warriors are my greatest contestants, but still, Im satisfied, and sometimes I even end up as top dmg dealer/dps on bosses. I don't want to be top dps/dmg dealer in every situation, I still think that every class should have their advantages/disadvantages, so while one does better in grp fights the other tops on single target fights. I don't like this "unification" Blizz is doing atm. But oh well, Im still having fun, that's all that matters

So no problem right now, we do have what it takes to be viable damage dealers (rotation folks, rotation, it does matter even if some say it doesnt), not to mention the buffs we bring so I wouldnt feel worried of our future right now.

I still can't get into PTR so I have no idea how the nerfs have affected our overall dps, but I don't think it will banish us to the bottom of the dps list.
    Making exorcism useable on all targets is fine. Rather silly if you ask me (exorcism on beasts, elementals, etc? lol) but I like it.
    I hope they do something with CS, pretty dumb for a 41-point-talent. Not useless, just....nothing unique.
    I don't really like t8 set atm . I'm not saying it looks aweful (except for that helmet, what is that, a big toe nail?), but it has nothing paladinish in it. Could you tell it's the paladin set if there wasn't a title on the image?

Oh, and Blindknight: you should stop posting. At least in the way you did. What you say is partially true and I see your intentions, and I agree with you at many points. But you can't write it down nicely and also no need to write it down. There are two types of players:
    Those who actually care to do better and will try to improve themselves (testing talent specs and reading forums, elitistjerks and such, where you can find more objective opinions nicely written and backed up). These will feel offended by your attitude and surely it's not your post that will lead them onto the path of enlightment.
    Those who only whine and do nothing to improve themselves won't read these threads anyways. If they do by some strange twist of events (like those who love to QQ all the time), they will feel offended aswell and again won't gain anything.
    Summarizing it: if your intention was to help (which I think it was), you should do it more nicely (belive it or not, it does matter), and backed up. If your intention was to provoke, then get out of here

That's me for now, everyone have fun playing and let us not worry about 3.1 too much. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot more in 3.1 for every class than we can read now.