Stopping the Sparks in EoE

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can give me some insight as to stopping the Sparks while fighting Malygos. What I generally do is Death Grip them in, Ice Chain them in place and start DPSing, Ice Chaining again if need be. My problem is, still, a spark will slip by here and there. Am I doing something wrong, or does some more raid DPS need to change their attention to the Spark also? Sometimes to get a head start, I'll shoot a Death Coil at it if I have the RP to do so.

Re: Stopping the Sparks in EoE

Other people need to help you kill it once it's Chained. It really only takes like 1 swing from 3-4 people and it's dead.

That's what I thought would be obvious, but many times I find myself the only one swinging at it. It also doesn't help when the second Death Knight Death Grip's it from my chains. :

Join a guild and never pug that could solve that problem

Quote Originally Posted by retart411
    Join a guild and never pug that could solve that problem
    That was a guild run. Other DK claimed he never Death Gripped it away, but he did.

Use vent. Call it out, "I got first spark, you get the second [insert other DK's name]", "alright guys, everyone kill the spark"-- or something to that effect.

Well, if you are only DK, u must spec into the DG cooldown talent, if 2 then you should be fine

I use this macro

/targetexact Power Spark (put exact name of it or u will DG Maly)
    /cast Death Grip
    /cast Chains of Ice
    /targetlasttarget (optional)

Profit

listen to Noonie he knows a thing or to about macros. But the other post is if your guild doesnt have a vent heres a quick tip. Search on google WoW private servers. And look to see if it has a vent. Ussally there free for use and just get the members in there or rent a room or somthing because Uludar your gonna need it trust me.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am in a very successful raiding guild right now, we have vent and the works. Most of the members have beaten EoE, but because of scheduling purposes, I generally get in with alts and maybe a pug here or there. Speccing into the Death Grip cool down seems like a very good idea. I also use the macro "/tar power" which works for me. I'll sometimes let the Spark move into a good position where everyone can stack in range of Malygos before I Ice Chain him.

If my death grip is on cooldown then I pop a chains early to let the tank position accordingly but generaly you should be able to 2 shot them with a quick grip/chains-->obliterate. They only have about 12k hp and if you are standing in a spark already then that's pretty much going to be a 1 shot. It's really easy with 2 DKs because you can just switch back and forth but definitely doable with 1 as I've been the only DK before and stacked double sparks the entire fight for melee and ranged.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

After a vortex, there will be 2 sparks.

1. Have a hunter or other ranged class (no dots) weaken the spark to 1/3 life or less.
    2. Chain of Ice the first spark where you want it and kill it there (different guilds do maly differently, we put the sparks in the middle).
    3. Hunter weakens the 2nd spark
    4. Deathgrip the 2nd spark into the first spark's patch so you make you sure you get two stacking buffs.

It's really not worth speccing into death grip CD unless you're trying for the timed run.

well considering he is pugging a lot of EoE as he said i dought the people there are capable of the timed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acky
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you can give me some insight as to stopping the Sparks while fighting Malygos. What I generally do is Death Grip them in, Ice Chain them in place and start DPSing, Ice Chaining again if need be. My problem is, still, a spark will slip by here and there. Am I doing something wrong, or does some more raid DPS need to change their attention to the Spark also? Sometimes to get a head start, I'll shoot a Death Coil at it if I have the RP to do so.
    Just raid with one more dk and talk with him so you can use death grip or save it or chain death grip a spark that is comming behind the tank etc etc

does ne one know if the the death grip glyph works on the sparks, because assuming you get killing blows u would never have death grip on cooldown?