Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to make money with JC?

Hello, if i buy 10 stacks of saronite for 27g each I get like 10-20% blue and 80-90% green gems. If i cut and sell them I get less or equal money back..
    Should I buy uncut gems and cut them or keep prospectung saronite which I bought on the ah? And what to do with all the green uncut gems, because even if i make a icy prism everyday I have like 20 of each green gem.
    I spent 3200 gold for lvling JC from 1-430 and want sth back, thx^^

Re: How to make money with JC?

the economy is different on every server, I know on my server at least it is impossible to make money from jewelcrafting as the only gem worth more than 10 gold is scarlet ruby, and people dont like to tip more than like 3g on a 5g gem

my advice, do your daily every day, do your transmute every day, and sell your dragons eyes

On my server, uncut gems still sell asmuch as 45g for the scarlet rubys and 35g for the autumn glows. Cut gems cost anywhere from 40-100g depending on thier rareity. Dragons eyes sell for 150g. Guess my server is still a good money make for JC. Shame im a tailor/enchanter "sigh"

it may be that on your server (as with mine and others) you need to be prospecting more like 100 stacks of saronite ore for it to become profitable. Its not the volume of sales its more the luck you get in having blue gems drop. Saying that, the other week I sold 1 stack of sun crystals on my server for 93g!

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    On my server, uncut gems still sell asmuch as 45g for the scarlet rubys and 35g for the autumn glows. Cut gems cost anywhere from 40-100g depending on thier rareity. Dragons eyes sell for 150g. Guess my server is still a good money make for JC. Shame im a tailor/enchanter "sigh"
    Well...lets put it this way, your server isn't bad. But that depends on the cost of other materials. If saronite is coming in under 20g you're probably in the boat that you can prospect and sell raw (cuts if you have the ones that really pull in money, otherwise don't buy Saronite (or sell it instead if you are a Mining/JC). Just like you also need to compare the price of Frozen Orbs to the chance of pulling a Dragon's Eye. On my server, orbs go for about 90 if I look in trade chat and undercutters have tapped down to 100g on the AH. Dragon's Eyes are 150 on trade and 170 on the AH. The price of orbs is still just too high for me to consider tossing away a few days worth of waiting for a Dragon's Eye to show up.

Remember, what you want to do is always look at the floor prices for your material and the price if you undercut on the cut product. If they're too close, it's not worth doing.

Really what a lot of people don't understand is that every server has different economies so the price on one certainly does not dictate what you should and shouldn't do to make money.

With JC though you have one of the few professions with a surefire way to make money and a fair amount with the daily. If you flip the token into a Dragon's Eye right away you make 13g on the daily and the going rate of a Dragon's Eye. There are no other dailies in the game with that kind of return, even if the price on the Eye dropped to 25g it would still be worth doing given how easy it is to finish.

What about the whole disenchanting rings thing, does that still make decent money?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsmiter
    What about the whole disenchanting rings thing, does that still make decent money?
    I tried it, my results:

1 Eternal Earth 7-12g

I bought six 7g 90s each -> 47g 40s

1 Eternal Sh 9-10g

I bought six 9g 90s each -> 59g 40s

So the price for 6 shadowmight rings is 106g 80s

I dissenchanted them and got:

15x Infinite Dust -> ~ 87g
    4x Greater Cosmic Essence -> ~ 76g
    That makes 163g for the dissed mats.

163G - 106G 80S = 56G 20S

Usually the price for eternal earth/shadow is much higher and I was lucky to get 4x greater cosmics out of it. Should i continue doing this??
    And whats with all the green uncut gems?

15+ Year Old Account

How to make money with JC? Easy. You dont even need to level JC to max. I have JC on an alternate and this is all I do.

1. Do the JC Daily in Dalaran.

2. Buy a Dragon's Eye from the supplier with your token.

3. Sell it in the AH for 250g.

4. Celebrate the fact that you just saved yourself 90 minutes of daily's to get the gold another way.

Seriously this is the best and easiest way. This is especially good if you don't have a lot of time to farm etc. Your toon can be level 70 and still able to get any of the quest items that you need.

Just a tip, don't throw 10 Dragon's Eyes in to the AH at the same time. You will get undercut. Do one or two a day.

250g? It's under 100g on most realms, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgrif
    it may be that on your server (as with mine and others) you need to be prospecting more like 100 stacks of saronite ore for it to become profitable. Its not the volume of sales its more the luck you get in having blue gems drop. Saying that, the other week I sold 1 stack of sun crystals on my server for 93g!
    Spot on there, the more you put out to start with, the more you'll rake in, I buy around 50 stacks at a time and usually make quite a fine profit off that. As ssgrif said too, green gems really do sell nicely in full stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    You need to head over to my server. Scarlet rubies sell for 90-100g and if you're being lazy and just want to buy a runed scarlet ruby straight up, you're looking at 120g each. Dragon's Eyes go for 175-250g easy. I hate old, over-established servers sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by raawow
    And what to do with all the green uncut gems, because even if i make a icy prism everyday I have like 20 of each green gem.
    Perfect cut gems sell for around 10g in my experience. Normal cut green gems sell from anywhere from 3-5g depending on the cut.

I spent 3200 gold for lvling JC from 1-430 and want sth back, thx^^
    Wow. I think the most I spent was 1000.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    Shame im a tailor/enchanter "sigh"
    You can make so much more money from those professions. Everyone and their mother have JC now. However, fewer people have tailoring and bags are greatly in demand. Fewer people have enchanters and arcane crystals sell for about 150g. Run pug 10 mans and 25 mans every week and you suddenly have more crystals then you know what to do with because everyone leaves the gear they don't want behind. When I run guild runs I give those crystals to the guild bank. When I run my own pugs I keep the crystals and put them on the AH. Its pure profit. I'm normally swimming in crystals.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynsight
    You need to head over to my server. Scarlet rubies sell for 90-100g and if you're being lazy and just want to buy a runed scarlet ruby straight up, you're looking at 120g each. Dragon's Eyes go for 175-250g easy. I hate old, over-established servers sometimes.
    On my server Rubies are the only gem worth selling...they sell about 70 a piece...every other gem is 10-25g. Dragons eyes sell for around 110g

Either way there are few professions that you can make 125g a day in about 15 minutes...just do your daily every single day and sell the gem every day

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Holding steady at about 100g on mine as well. It must be nice to get 250 from them. Your realm must not have very many hardcore min/maxxers that are drowning in dragon's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melane
    As ssgrif said too, green gems really do sell nicely in full stacks!
    That is because people like me buy that full stack and turn it into perfect cut gems to then resell on the AH at a profit or to use on our alts and resell the non-perfect cut to pay for the stack. One green gem cut sells for 3-4 gold normally and the gems that are cut sell for around 1g. Think about it. Not to mention, perfect cuts sell for around 10g.

On a lot of servers now JC isn't really the big cashcow it used it be. There's lots more JCer's and less demand for gems lately.

save your gems till 3.1 and youll see the prices rocketing =)

On Drak'thul US, i usually prospect anywhere from 30-60 stacks of saronite per day and I always get at least 2x the price of the ore out of it. Sure, it might take a couple days to liquidate everything, but it's still profit none-the-less.

You just need to be smart about it. Save all of your sky sapphires until monday night, cut them into solids, and put them in the AH. They'll sell on Tuesday morning, and for much more than they'd sell for on Thursday. Any of the PvE gems, put on the AH right before your raid on Tuesday night. More people (I mean A LOT more) get gear on Tuesday than any other day of the week.

As others have said, Dragon's Eyes are easy money, and so is crafting the epic rings and selling.

If you can't make money with JC, then you're doing something wrong - plain and simple.

edit: Green gems...

Just sell stacks of all your green gems, except for whatever the red on is called. Cut those into perfect bolds and runeds, and if you get lucky, they'll sell for 20g each. I always put a bid of 7 or 8, and a buyout of 20 and they sell 99% of the time.

One more thing - don't list gems for 24 hours. There is such a high supply of them that yours will get thrown to the bottom in an hour. 12 hours works fine, and when they don't sell, you aren't out the 24h deposit. Hell, I wish I could do a 6 hour deposit.

Thx, helped me a lot so far^^