Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Black and Plagued Protodrake REMOVED!

When 3.1 goes live, the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” are being removed. These achievements will still be active, however, players will no longer receive the Plagued Proto-Drake or Black Proto-Drake for completing them. Similar to our decision to remove the Amani War Bear from Zul’Aman, the goal is to ensure that such mounts retain a degree of rarity in the game; and with raids progressing into Ulduar in patch 3.1, we feel obtaining the rewards for “Glory of the Raider” and “Heroic: Glory of the Raider” would be somewhat trivialized. For this reason we will be offering new fast mounts (310 speed) as rewards for completing select achievements associated with 10 and 25-player Ulduar.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/1544...d-changes.html
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Re: Black and Plagued Protodrake REMOVED!

Good, i'm 100% for this idea.

Who cares ?
    People who deserve them (IE Top guilds without problems with getting good 10/25 men squad) already have these, so only unlucky/slackers wont be riding them after-patch. I belong to unlucky side, but I dont mind, least I've got few Feasts of Strength, so I am not newb :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Good, i'm 100% for this idea.
    !
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

i don't have either and im really glad they did this.

Good that they have decided to not 100% casualize the game! :P
    (Even tho i'm casual myself )

Good move Blizz!

Sad to hear I can't pick them up for twinks (really would have liked the plagued one for my warlock-twink some day)...

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    i don't have either and im really glad they did this.
    Ya same for me!

Damn. Black is my fav color.... oh well

I have the red proto-drake and a shot I guess at getting the other two in the next month.

I wish they'd take my red out too, isn't it the same thing?
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

I'm gonna be aggravated when 1 week away I have 1 achievement left for it, and someone blows it for me.

On the other hand though, getting it and being one of only a few on my server who will ever have it would be awesome.

Good choice blizz.

If they're going to do that then AT LEAST REMOVE THE W#E$R%^&* TWILIGHT DRAKE TOO.
    What the hell is that.

they prob aren't removing the other drakes because they aren't an upgrade (310% speed) like the black and plagued.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    If they're going to do that then AT LEAST REMOVE THE W#E$R%^&* TWILIGHT DRAKE TOO.
    What the hell is that.
    Normally i would agree, but if you're farming 3d now you should be in the type of guild that will get the new 310% mount(s), which should be nice to add to the collection.

This is a good thing! Atleast I think so.

This way, the mounts keeps it's status.

What the hell is that.
    If I had to guess, if the Twilight and Black drake aren't removed, it is more because your entire guild could get these proto-drakes in 1 week if everyone executed perfectly. You would have to wipe on Malygos a couple times for everyone to get denyin' the scion, but they could all get it. For the Twilight drake, less so with the Black, it would take far more time to get everyone their unique mount.

Now...that isn't to say they won't because just downing Sarth+3 doesn't instantly mean you have a god given right to own the mount...but if they don't remove them, I'm sure the time invested to deck out your entire raid would be their primary justification for not doing so.

Meh, grats to those who already have it. Glad to see there's not too many QQers here yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    that is a moment where even /headdesk does not quite cut it. i promptly proceeded to /bodywall.

good.

What the hell is that.
    That would be rediculous to remove the drake reward from killing Sarth with all drakes up, as it is the only additional reward from 2 drakes. If they did that, nobody would do 3 drakes anymore.

What the hell is that.
    It would take about half a year for everyone to get this mount (assuming same 25 people).

and this makes me sad because now my guildies are probably gonna push me harder to do achievements i really don't care about