Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ulduar PTR Testing, PTR Notes Update, Ulduar Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewarrows
    At 3, 6 and 9 minutes he runs to the back of his room and breaks one of his chests of loot. The 9 minute one triggers his hard enrage. Anyone who's not completely oblivious recognizes this as his hard mode, considering that the quest flavor text datamined on wowhead mentions this exactly. Stop failing at this game, you've already shown how much of a scrub you are.
    It's just as hard as realizing that fighting Freya with her Elders is a hard mode like Sarth. It's not speculation, it's just not being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Urod
    And still, Yogg-Saron is the last boss ... doesnt matter what you say - Muru being harder than Kil'Jaeden doesnt made him the final boss of SWP. Stop failing @ life. :/
    KJ was a prize for beating Muru. No guild that beat Muru couldn't down KJ. Muru was the finale of TBC progression. KJ was just sweet, sweet victory, and icing on the cake so to speak.

And still, Yogg-Saron is the last boss ... doesnt matter what you say - Muru being harder than Kil'Jaeden doesnt made him the final boss of SWP. Stop failing @ life. :/
    Not really, because you can go do Yogg-Saron without fighting Algalon. This is ALSO in the flavor text. You MUST kill the 4 watchers on hard mode to do Algalon. This cannot be done without killing Yogg-Saron first. So therefor, Algalon is after Yogg-Saron. Now, we are not sure if Yogg-Saron is going to be harder then Algalon but seeing that Algalon is not possible without doing the 4 watchers on hard mode, which seems to be extremely hard, we can postulate that Algalon is going to be hard or harder then Yogg-Saron.

My point being. You saying Yogg-Saron is the last boss and us saying Algalon is the last boss is both based on postulate, not facts. But we are backing it up while you are just calling us names which is a ineffective fallacy in arguments.

"For millennia, Ulduar has remained undisturbed by mortals, far away from their concerns and their struggles. Yet since its recent discovery, many have wondered what the structure's original purpose may have been. Some thought it a city, built to herald the glory of its makers; some thought it a vault containing innumerable treasures, perhaps even relics of the mighty Titans themselves. Such speculations were wrong. Beyond Ulduar's gates lies no city, no treasure vault, no final answer to the Titan's mysteries. All that awaits those who dare set foot in Ulduar is a horror even the Titans could not, would not destroy, an evil they merely... contained.

Beneath ancient Ulduar, the Old God of death lies, whispering.... Tread carefully, or its prison will become your tomb."

Yogg-Saron = Old God of death = endboss of Ulduar.

Algalon is a story they don't want us to know about. It's supposed to be a surprise,really. There's a reason why they don't mention it in that description. Thing is, you're using a lore description of the dungeon as the proof. Lore doesn't really make it the end-boss. The progression does. You had to kill M'uru to get to Kil'jaeden. Therefor, Kil'Jaeden was the endboss. You have to kill Yogg-Saron to get to Algalon. Therefor, Algalon is the end boss. There's not much to it, really. :P

You dont have to kill Yogg to get to Algalon - how many times should I repeat myself? He is an optional encounter, most guilds will probably need yogg's loot in ordner to complete the hardmodes, but you definitly dont need to kill him to get to an optional encounter.

Lore made Kil'jaeden to SWP's endboss, just like Illidan of BT, KT of TK, Vashj of SSC, Ragnaros of MC - so why whouldnt lore make yogg-saron the endboss of his own prison he's currently breaking out? You're talking nonsense.
    But you DO have to do Yogg-Saron to do Algalon. As Pewpewarrows said elegently earlier, you must do Yogg to get the gear to do the hardmodes to get the items to open the area to Algalon. So the progression here is: Yogg -> Hard Modes -> Algalon. So, therefor, progression-wise Algalon is the end-boss. Perhaps Lore-Wise and Story-Wise you can say Yogg-Saron is. Really, we're arguing here looking at this from two different perspectives. Therefor, it's useless. :P

Deleted

for progress guild, Algalon is the latest boss.

it will be the most difficult and most rewarding boss.

Even in lore, it is like the dangerous like, because if it isn't destroy it will prevent the titans the world is near failure and titan could choose to erase it. Even worse than to let Yogg-saron loose.

so yeah, totally optional, but totally new content for hardcore guild who want to PROGRESS.

-

blizzad make the good choices. I am NOT a hardcore gamer. I do NOT want to spend days each week just for a game, but I want to see new instances, great landscape and beautiful crafted boss and crazy strategies.

Now I can. No more "kael'thas25" for just a mere hundreds of geeks.

BUT if you are really hardcore, you will be able to do the boss in tremendous difficult setup, to see a whole new world of pain and have access to delirious items and stuff I'll never never touch.

so yeah, you will still be pretty god. but the content will be workable and nice for everyone.

-
    naxx40 was a failure
    raids to the opening of BC was a failure

blizzard does not want to create contents just for some weird hardcore guys in a cave. It's why Wow is a so successful and nice game : playable by many kind of gamers. Sometimes Blizzard make mistakes, they learn from it.

You dorks really are out of control. Comparing any easy-mode version of a boss to the hard-mode one is retarded. Saying that an optional boss is "the end" when you can't even compare it yet to the hard-mode versions of bosses you still haven't seen is beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by oomu

-
    naxx40 was a failure
    raids to the opening of BC was a failure

blizzard does not want to create contents just for some weird hardcore guys in a cave. It's why Wow is a so successful and nice game : playable by many kind of gamers. Sometimes Blizzard make mistakes, they learn from it.

my guild raids 3 nights a week for 4 hours. Under that schedule, we cleared everything at level 60, up until naxx, only got 3 bosses in there.

In BC, we had SSC and TK cleared before Hyjal and BT came out. We had Hyjal and BT cleared before Sunwell came out. We finally killed Muru the week before the raid nerf, and Kiljaeden a few weeks after, just cuz some people took time off.

Does my spending 12 hours a week raiding, mean i live in a cave? You call poeple who are succesful raiders, "weird" people. But just so you know, you are the one spending time posting on a WoW forum, you are not exactly Mr. Cool. Im sorry that you, or the guild you were in, were too bad to do any raids in BC before the raid nerf, so now you feel the need to call them a "failure" by blizzard. Thousands of people, including myself, strongly disagree.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Lore made Kil'jaeden to SWP's endboss, just like Illidan of BT, KT of TK, Vashj of SSC, Ragnaros of MC - so why whouldnt lore make yogg-saron the endboss of his own prison he's currently breaking out? You're talking nonsense.
    I think you just put your foot in it there. You've admitted it's a prison for Yogg-Saron. Now, do tell, who exactly would the "boss" of this prison be? The prisoner? Or maybe, just maybe, it would be the Observer, Algalon? Keeping an eye on the situation for the Titans, hinted at by the following quests:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?quest=13607
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?quest=13614

Sounds like somebody didn't do Halls of Stone
    It's ok, I'll sum it up for you.

They don't want to kill the Old Gods because of their symbiotic relationship with Azeroth at the moment, which is why they imprisoned them instead. Wanting to try their best to save Azeroth, they tried imprisoning them, hoping that would be enough. But this is proof that imprisonment isn't enough, so they'll be coming back to destroy the Old Gods once and for all, along with their "failed experiment" of Azeroth.

Besides, I meant "boss" in the sense that someone working for an organisation would be the boss of a place.

Between that, and the fact that Algalon is the end point of the main questline in the zone, I fail to see how he could be considered anything but the boss of the place.

I did HoS. The point here being in Yogg-Saron trying to escape out of his prison, Algalon is sending a msg to the titans to destroy Azeroth. He's taking no action against Yogg except sending the msg - we, as the heroes of Azeroth are going to stop this.

What main questline? It's just a quest you get there for defeating Algalon, then you go to Rhonin and send a false msg to the titans, telling them everything is ok. The point for us, heroes / raiders is, to stop Yogg-Sarons actions in Northrend. If he wouldnt be escaping, Algalon wouldnt try to send the msg, and everything would be ok be default - but its not.

Good point with the quest, tho. But you also get the legendary weapon quest which ends with yogg. Just like you get one questline in Karazhan for Nightbanes Urn, and the other which ends in defeating the Prince, so who's the boss now? Yes, the Prince, because Nightbane is another optional boss.

Strange logic here. Your logic is: We are stopping Yogg-Saron so Algalon, who is already sending a message no matter what we do, stops sending his message to the Titans to kill Yogg-Saron so therefore we kill Yogg-Saron stop Algalon from something he's already doing. Makes no sense. Algalon is the culmination of the whole raid. You've killed Yogg. You killed all the watchers on hard mode and gotten their Sigil. You've learned that this automated "machine" of sorts is already sending a message to the Titans and it could result in our demise. Therefor, you kill Algalon in order to save Azeroth.

By the way, Guilds will most certainly kill Yogg-Saron before they get to Algalon because he is more easily gotten to then Algalon is. You're honestly telling me that, just for the hell of it, top guilds are going to pause their progression and ignore Yogg-Saron just to do the hard modes of the watchers to do Algalon to THEN do Yogg-Saron, who they could've gotten to the whole time? Ummm, no, they're not.

Also, you do not have to kill Prince to get to Nightbane. Nor do you have to kill Prince after Nightbane. You really only need to do the first half of the dungeon. You do a quest to talk to all the guys in the Library to get Medivh's Journal from Shade of Aran. Then you go do Shattered Halls and Sethekk Halls to finish the quest. Finally, you get the urn to summon him. You don't even NEED to do Prince. Not sure where you got that from. Prince is the final boss because he's at the end of the dungeon. Yogg-Saron isn't really at the end of the dungeon, nor is Algalon. Hell, I'm not even sure where Algalon is. The thing that is confusing you here is that Ulduar is not linear like most raids are. There's two "wings" to it. There's one boss at the end of a wing, and another boss at the other end of the wing. First wing: Yogg-Saron. Second wing: Algalon. Algalon is harder to get to and takes more effort in terms of progression so therefor he is the final boss in the progression.

I mean, for god's sake. They called him Algalon THE DEVOURER OF RAIDS. He apparently feeds on your TEARS. This dude is hardcore.

Anybody know the name of the song in the Method vs. Thorim video?

Psychic Horror: Has been redesigned and is now a 1-pt talent. You terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 sec. and drop all weapons (disarm effect: including bows) for 10 sec. 1 minute cooldown.
    Removed or just forgot to put it into the talentcalculator?