Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Val'anyr, Blue posts, Ulduar Videos, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    why does thorim look just like his brother loken here? he looked a lot cooler in storm peaks imo
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ary/thorem.jpg

This might be the new Model. It would fit the image of a younger brother of Loken.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Thorim

Something interesting:
    Banishment by the Titans

Yogg-Saron, along with the other Old Gods, created the Curse of Flesh to infect and assimilate the Titans' creations, such as the Earthen. The Titans discovered that if the Old Gods were destroyed, any infected creations would also be destroyed. Alternatively, the Titans kept the Old Gods alive and imprisoned them beneath Azeroth.
    So, if the "curse of flesh" is meant here, how are we able to kill Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Thorim

Something interesting:
    So, if the "curse of flesh" is meant here, how are we able to kill Gods?
    so, you mean, ALL gnomes will die?

Hi

in the movie:
    Freya kill by Method (Original File)

what addon use the mage to get his debuffs showing greater than the restdebuffs on the mob?

Quote Originally Posted by cardoza
    so, you mean, ALL gnomes will die?
    Probably

MuTe

Some quotes from Blizzard.

- Viper Sting re-designed: Stings the target, draining 4% of mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana), and energizing the Hunter equal to 300% of the amount drained. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on any one target.

- As a few players have suggested, we think the solution here is just to make sure that hunters and rogues aren't so good versus priests simply because of the lack of poison removal. We don't think that needs to be giving Abolish Poison or the like to priests.

- There was a pretty hefty nerf to Viper Sting recently. It should be much less of a priest killer.

- Yes, that is pretty close to how we feel. Poisons are a weakness of the priest class. We don't want to remove that weakness. However Viper Sting exploited that weakness to a very punishing degree. Poison removal, as many other classes will tell you, does not solve "the rogue problem" and I'm not sure there is "a rogue problem" any longer.

Viper Sting has been nerfed so badly, i wonder why they even kept the spell ingame. 4% mana drain on a 10k mana pool = 400 mana drained over 8 seconds.
    The spell itself costs 8% of the hunters mana! Im mean, seriously? Is this some kind of sick joke!?

Tbh, i couldnt care less if Viper Sting got removed from game. Only classes that had issues with Viper Sting was the Priest, and the Hunter himself.
    ViperSting may have been good when ppl didnt had 10k mana pools, and when it had a 30% chance not to get dispelled. But if ur a Hunter, and ur using Viper Sting vs any class other then Priests, Hunters and maybe sometimes a mage then u need start to l2play. Using ViperSting on the Hunter is the best thing for Arena.. Why? A hunter has around 8/9k mana, and his abilitys cost alot of that mana. Hunters have huge mana issues in PVP because we cant spam SS shot and autoshot that much, since we keep running around shooting the instant shots. ViperSting helps getting the Hunter completly OOM, thus he must use Aspect of the Viper at a 50% dmg loss wich is a HUGE dps penalty.

A paladin dispells costs what 90 mana? A Viper Sting around 400, u'll OOM urself before u get the paladin below 80% mana using ViperSting. I can only hope that the mana regen nerf is really really big, since nuking down any kind of healer with a full mana bar is really hard.

The replacement for ViperSting is gonna be Pummel, the new Gorilla ability. Interrupt spellcast for 4 seconds on a 10 sec CD.
    Unfortunatly, only 1 pet will have this ability, and will very fastly become the most popular pet in Arena and PVP. Thus will get nerfed in an upcomming patch or hotfix.

Im actually quite happy with the Viper Sting nerf, because it now allows me to remove the spell from my bars and preventing me to be stupid enough to use this selfdraining ability to complete OOM myself trying to OOM someone else before i can realise it just doenst work vs healers that can dispell it.

The huge flaw in this nerf is, why give us yet another USELESS ability? We have plenty as it is: Scorpid Sting, Snake Trap, Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Beast, Mongoose Bite, Concussive Shot, Distracting Shot, and now we can add Viper Sting to this list..

i lol'd so hard! XD

It's funny because it's true.

Viper Sting has been nerfed so badly, i wonder why they even kept the spell ingame. 4% mana drain on a 10k mana pool = 400 mana drained over 8 seconds.
    The spell itself costs 8% of the hunters mana! Im mean, seriously? Is this some kind of sick joke!?

A paladin dispells costs what 90 mana? A Viper Sting around 400, u'll OOM urself before u get the paladin below 80% mana using ViperSting. I can only hope that the mana regen nerf is really really big, since nuking down any kind of healer with a full mana bar is really hard.
    Yes, now how capable does someone look when he designes something like that?

Unfortunately, (and I gues understandably) Blizzard makes mistakes that they are sometimes blind to, or do not admit as to not sound incapable... Players have to live with it... it goes for all classes, not just hunters in this case.

And nerfing explosiv shot AGAIN is annoying, but noone (Especially Blizzard) except hunters understands that a hunter in pvp has two things to his side. Ranged spikes and the ability to maintain the range. Both have to be pulled of well, or the hunter is worthless.

Nerfing dissengage to extra 5 seconds was silly, because anyone who had more problems with hunters because of dissengage as a defencive skill, than with other classes, speaks bad of his own skill and class knowledge.
    It was the combination of a few things, so go ahead and nerf explosiv shot a few more times until it goes back to the "just another shot" skill it was once, but make survival tree a SURVIVAL tree again...

Nice mace, Shame there isn't any other legendary's for other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave2k2
    Hi

in the movie:
    Freya kill by Method (Original File)

what addon use the mage to get his debuffs showing greater than the restdebuffs on the mob?
    x-perl

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by nitalon
    Yes, now how capable does someone look when he designes something like that?

Unfortunately, (and I gues understandably) Blizzard makes mistakes that they are sometimes blind to, or do not admit as to not sound incapable... Players have to live with it... it goes for all classes, not just hunters in this case.

And nerfing explosiv shot AGAIN is annoying, but noone (Especially Blizzard) except hunters understands that a hunter in pvp has two things to his side. Ranged spikes and the ability to maintain the range. Both have to be pulled of well, or the hunter is worthless.

Nerfing dissengage to extra 5 seconds was silly, because anyone who had more problems with hunters because of dissengage as a defencive skill, than with other classes, speaks bad of his own skill and class knowledge.
    It was the combination of a few things, so go ahead and nerf explosiv shot a few more times until it goes back to the "just another shot" skill it was once, but make survival tree a SURVIVAL tree again...
    Seems like BM is gonna turn out nice with the new pets abilities, and Gorillas are gonna be most used pets for PVP. Ive allready got one myself.

The nerfs to Survival are pretty hard, id say almost comparable to the BM nerf. Lets review them again

- TNT: No longer stuns, removed the 6% crit chance on explosive shot. Then they add a glyph wich gives 4% crit chance to Explosive shot, forcing you to take it, and make this a nerf by 2% crit on Explosive shot, and a waste of Major Glyph. TNT Now adds 6% damage to Explosive shot, BUT Explosive shot gets nerfed by 10% and nerfed with a 12.5% scaling with AP. Again u get forced into taking TNT to make this a 4% damage nerf to explosive shot. Dont forget they removed the stun, and all this talent does is add 6% dmg to 1 of your shots. Before i knew Explosive shot got nerfed by 10% i would even consider to skip this talent.

- Lock and Load: No longer procs on Explosive trap and Snake trap, making these 2 traps more useless then they allready are (remove from game maybe?). Also no longer has a 10% chance to proc on the spammeble Serpent Sting, as if it procced that much!? INSTEAD it now has a 8% chance to proc on Immolation trap 22/24 sec CD and Black Arrow 1 min CD.
    In addition, Lock and Load wont proc on Frost and Freeze traps in PVE since bosses are immune to those effects, and those traps will no longer trigger its effect when a target is immune. (Pala bubbles are also Immune, thus also wont proc the Lock n Load, to start nuke after bubble. Nice way for paladins to break our traps in PVP.)
    The proc chance will go down in PVE by alot, since most hunters used to proc Lock and Load by traps that gave a 100% proc chance. Serpent sting was unreliable.

- Black Arrow: Adds all dmg done to the target with Blackarrow by 6% (hope it cant be dispelled) and leaves a dot that ticks shadowdmg. We had a 10% nerf to explosive shot + 6% dmg increase with TNT = 4% dmg nerf to Explosive shot. Putting Black Arrow on the target will make this a 2% dmg increase of Explosive shot. But we also get 12.5% less AP scaling, so my gues is that Explosive shot wont change much dmg wise. But we now have to put Black Arrow on the target all the time, and it will break your trap. So we either have to choose.. more dmg or more cc?

- Disengage: 5 Sec CD nerf. Atm a Survival hunter could have a 16 sec cd on Disengage with the talents and the Glyph. Now im forced to keep my Glyph wich reduced Disengage by 5 seconds, otherwise this would be a 10 second nerf for PVP hunters. Why not just remove the glyph and keep it at a 25 sec CD? At least then we could take another glyph!

I hope PTR is gonna be up for another month so they can adjust some of their numbers before this goes live.

OMG these fights look incredibly fun
    Freya looks like she could be kinda hard for a 10 man withou the right setup, but looks easy on heroic. The adds should do more damage, and they need to add a extra element to the fight, like if u die she gains a buff an raid takes dmg like archimonde
    Iron council acually looks hard enough, this encounter looks good already
    Thorim hits like a truck, but he needs like 2-3 extra elements added imo, way to easy
    Finally, Hodir looks WAY too easy and needs to be like entirely changed

BTW, DRUID T8 SUXS PALLY IS AWESOME PRIEST HAS BEST SET GOGO LVL 6 PRIEST

Meh, I'm still waiting for the stats on Val'anyr. So my guild can decide who receives it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananero
    I claim T8 the best paladin set by looks ( yay kilt) and that shield looks badass also
    lol you must play a paladin then? Because that set is pretty horrible.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Sigh, I wish I had that sort of FPS in 25 mans. q_q

On topic, the mace looks really great. I hope the stats will live up to the model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

So Val'anyr is going to be the key to unlock Yogg-Saron?

lol, and I thought the weapon was gonna be semi-rare
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs

Does seem rather silly, doesn't it?

Unless Blizzard intend to have only a few guilds actually encounter Yogg-Saron untill the casuals start complaining... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs

I think you misunderstood. The quest to get Val'anyr requires you to kill Yogg-Saron not that you have to be on the quest to get to him.