Blacksmithing on a Warrior Tank - Is Armorsmithing Worth It?

Right now he's level 50, 220 BS'ng

Is it worth shelling out the gold/time needed to go through the entire quest chain (mithril Order, then Art of Armorsmithing)? Or should i not bother, just continue as is?

And I thought i heard a rumour they were dropping the sub-specialties... was i wrong/dreaming?
    Pax Aeterna - Area 52

Re: Blacksmithing on a Warrior Tank - Is Armorsmithing Worth It?

you are correct.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

cheaper/easier to go weaponsmith and armorsmithing got nothing at all

Armoursmiths are the true smiths!!!

RP aside, unless you are eager to gun the quest chain and many, many mithril bars you might aswell head down the less impressive weaponsmith route. Unless, like me, you want to level armoursmithing just to craft the Bulwark of Ancient Kings. No real difference between the two specs besides the Conquest armour pieces and Vengeance bindings (which are suprisingly v.good for their quality/ilvl).

I'd probably go armoursmithing if you're either a fury warr/ret pally. The initial gear you will be able to craft is rather good. As you're not fury or will be an offspec come dual wield and not a paladin for ret, probably head down weaponsmith is the best choice for the ease of completing it.

Still don't think I've replaced my vengeance bindings for my ret set, they're that good! (well with 10man raids cleared). I'm sure 25man will produce some better bracers.

Armoursmith!! :P

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

The only good thing in BS are the extra sockets for hands and wrist, the rest is pure crap and can be crafted by anyone else. So just get it too 400 and forget about it.

weaponsmithing was awesome, or did everyone forget the days of skillherald that catapulted so many warriors to high arena rankings?

I didnt go the mace route, I went swords and never regretted it. Still have the Lionheart Executioner sitting in the bank just in case blizz ever changes its mind (that +STR proc was awesome back in the day)