Re: Retribution DPS increase incoming for 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Hah. Frost Mages.
    CC for the cost of DPS

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taotaisei
    You don't know what you are talking about. You're chance on hit is BS. It may be how it works but how often does it miss? Not so much. When in a BG and every class that isnt plate dies in 3 CD's or less, you don't know how to play. In Arena's, Pali's are one of the biggest BS classes to try and fight against. Get you're rating over 1k after your 0-infinite record and you'd learn it's one of the most annoying classes to see in a 2v2 or 3v3.

If you can't burst, you are shit. Reroll so you can QQ about your lack of skills with that class too.
    you seem that you have never played arena as a retri paladin, so plz dont say things you dont have knowledge with.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger
    you seem that you have never played arena as a retri paladin, so plz dont say things you dont have knowledge with.
    the link of the answer of GC thats been made here stated that PVE dmg wat to low. not pvp.

dont drift off topic

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    some1 said ret needs more burst. seriously, i can do 10k dmg with a judgement and a white crit. then you can stil do CS and DS.

yeah we need more burst :-\

what we need is more stable dps instead of the bursting we have now. RV takes care of that partially
    yea in your dreams -.-

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    the link of the answer of GC thats been made here stated that PVE dmg wat to low. not pvp.

dont drift off topic
    I spoke about arena, he spoke about arena so i speak again about arena smartass

I read GC's post and no where in the one sentence response did he mention anything about buffs, new talents, or what if anything blizzard was going to do about Ret's low PVE damage.

From blizzards track record, I would say that they will correct it for the next expansion, just to nerf it all over again.

"To the Ground Baby!" Am I right?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril
    I read GC's post and no where in the one sentence response did he mention anything about buffs, new talents, or what if anything blizzard was going to do about Ret's low PVE damage.

From blizzards track record, I would say that they will correct it for the next expansion, just to nerf it all over again.

"To the Ground Baby!" Am I right?
    Noone knows. What ghostcrawler said was not clear enought to understand or even judge what he ment.

15+ Year Old Account

lets hope the change will have sense... since for the moment its crap

I spoke about arena, he spoke about arena so i speak again about arena smartass
    He wasn't being a smartass, but you're doing a great job of being a twat.

That said, I can't see the trees going live the way they are now. Ret has very little synergy with the other trees, and Prot is just not done. There will be changes, and hopefully buffs before 3.1 goes live.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

well, i was happy at the start that we finally got a proper talent tree for dps, but now everyone is crying that we are overpowered. When i speak to my guild about retri paladin failure in pvp, they say "Hush! you got that boost and you speak?" or "Stop, paladins are overpowered, end of story.". I mean, c'mon, where did they saw that things? and we are asking for a proper dps and mostly a tank talent tree from the patch 1.9... and here is the proof. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDv5N...eature=related

in TBC they gave more things, and paladins where happy in general, but the retri tree was a failure at the end.
    Now in WOTLK holy and protection are on the top of their role in pve (and holy on pvp), but still retri dont have what we want to have. Still no interapt (our stun does not count it has 1 minute cd...) no burst dmg like other classes (we still hope for a chance on hit), no proper CC (1 minute cd -.-) and generaly we dont have a sure way of pvping espesialy in arena.
    You gotta be kidding me, what planet did you escape from?!
    Paladins first of all got INSANE burst, seriously get some proper gear. Which is quite easy at the moment. Then pop your cooldowns and even the best healer will go down in 3 sec.
    No CC's? Repentance / Hammer of Justice, 6 sec + 6 sec. If you spec PvP wise as a retribution paladin you would want the 100% stun removal using Hand of Freedom.
    Oh and not to mention we got a 12 sec immunity every 5 min, wings ain't causing Forbereance for more then 30 sec now.. so cant really see whats the big problem.

Oh and btw PvP is fucked atm, since it's really easy to get full Valorous, every will run around one shotting people that dont got 800 resilience... But we have to live with it since Blizzard is introducing newb content.
    This is the point where /headdesk doesn't quite cut it.. So I start using /bodywall

Just thought I'd start off by saying that this thread is retarded.

I had to laugh when I saw the blue post saying that retribution's dps was too low. What did they expect? We're already near the bottom of the dps barrel on live(when we're not cheesing our way through fights with adds using consecrate), and then they nerfed RV and fanaticism in 3.1.

I just like how they "fixed" our PvE damage by making exorcism usable on all mobs. On the benchmark fight we have now, we can use exorcism and we get a free 1% extra damage on top of that, and we're still pretty much dead last on live.

Yeah, this is a QQ post. But does anyone else feel that the biggest problem is that our dps rotation is too simplistic(not enough cooldowns imo), and that much like rogues, Blizzard is too afraid to buff our damage in PvE because it will affect PvP too much?

Yes, my guild is bad (we only did Sarth 3D a month ago), but am I the only Pally that is not 'on the bottom of the charts'? I usually mark within the top 5 on all fights, either #1 or #2 in Nax + AoE fights, and #1 in the useless overall damage figure. Yes, that's only 4.3-5K dps, but it could be worse. Well, it was worse.

I fully realize that we could do much better with a few tweaks, but honestly suck it up and play better. It's not that bad at the moment, and shant be too bad in 3.1.

Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

Meh..I'm not surprised at the reaction, but to be honest, I'm rather numb. In other words, I don't really care what my DPS is anymore.

My guild is decent (Twilight Vanq, Unyding, no Immortal yet though) but the fact that we still run with 4 Rogues tells me I have nothing to fear about losing a raid spot because my DPS is bad.

At the end of the day, I'm still one of the last to die on a wipe, so I get points for survivability

The fact is that Blizzard has shown their incompentance in spades these past few months...from taking Rogues from OP, to good to Trash in the span of 2 months, to nerfing Hunters from being Top PvE DPS to being Top PvE DPS and Top Arena Spec, requiring only a respec to pull off, it really shows that Blizzard has no f'ing clue what they are doing.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that unless Ulduar is f'ing spectacular, I will just hit the Uninstall button and find a real game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Endarius
    Yes, my guild is bad (we only did Sarth 3D a month ago), but am I the only Pally that is not 'on the bottom of the charts'? I usually mark within the top 5 on all fights, either #1 or #2 in Nax + AoE fights, and #1 in the useless overall damage figure. Yes, that's only 4.3-5K dps, but it could be worse. Well, it was worse.

I fully realize that we could do much better with a few tweaks, but honestly suck it up and play better. It's not that bad at the moment, and shant be too bad in 3.1.

its the same as with my guild....they are all just bad. 3d down and all....but when i do place 1-3@patchwerk, its not cause the paladin class does so well....or because iam so awesome as a player - they just suck. and so must be your guild if your not near bottom of the damage dealer. cause clearly if you check the top 100 on wws there will be >NO< ret 1-5 (on non aoe fights).

Wizzleteats

Yeah... you placing within the top 5 is not because you are awesome, it's because the rest of your DPS blows. Tell them to step their game up or to do your guild a favor and uninstall their game, cancel their subscription and snap their game disc in half. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    We're already near the bottom of the dps barrel on live(when we're not cheesing our way through fights with adds using consecrate), and then they nerfed RV and fanaticism in 3.1.
    Bolded for clarity. Look, paladins are the best trash killers in the game, on undead mobs that don't need to be cc'd. If you're satisfied with that, then grats to you. If you're tired of getting stomped into the ground by other dps classes that actually know what the fuck they're doing, in a raid that provides the proper dps buffs to all classes, then I'm with ya.

Go look at average WWS or Wowmeter parses for all the bosses currently available, and then come back and tell me ret is fine. I'm not looking to be number one on all fights. I'm saying that I want to be competitive with the best dps in the game(within 5% or so) if I'm geared correctly and I play correctly. And right now that's just not happening.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Bolded for clarity. Look, paladins are the best trash killers in the game, on undead mobs that don't need to be cc'd. If you're satisfied with that, then grats to you. If you're tired of getting stomped into the ground by other dps classes that actually know what the fuck they're doing, in a raid that provides the proper dps buffs to all classes, then I'm with ya.

Go look at average WWS or Wowmeter parses for all the bosses currently available, and then come back and tell me ret is fine. I'm not looking to be number one on all fights. I'm saying that I want to be competitive with the best dps in the game(within 5% or so) if I'm geared correctly and I play correctly. And right now that's just not happening.
    actually unholy dk's and feral druids are better aoe trash killers.

im not in a bad guild, but im pretty high alot.

They think our damage in 3.1 (mainly in PvE, that means a bit in PvP ALSO), is too low. This means they intent to do something about it.

No big secret here, but everyone is crazy about it and just speculate crap. Grow some patience already.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    They think our damage in 3.1 (mainly in PvE, that means a bit in PvP ALSO), is too low. This means they intent to do something about it.

No big secret here, but everyone is crazy about it and just speculate crap. Grow some patience already.
    if they would change resil to reduce crit more it would affect ret way more then the other melee classes since ret is build around crits. 3 attacks and none critting is alot dmg less.

Just give us another good range holy spell with a DOT. And make it: *not usable on players*

that would solve our dps.