Thorim gets his model changed

I think i might be the only one to notice this but when you do the giant Sons of Hodir quest chain Thorim looks like this

http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Thorim.jpg

But from what i noticed in the ulduar raid he looks nothing like that he looks like loken http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Loken.jpg
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ary/thorim.jpg

Those two pictures of Thorim look nothing alike
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Re: Thorim gets his model changed

probably a placeholder

i noticed as well. however, it's important to remember: this is the PTR. that model may not be the final one. or, maybe thorim just cleaned himself up?

did you also notice at least 2 or 3 of the "bosses" for uldar are persons we consider "good guys"? thorim and freya? obviously, there is more going on here than we are reading about.

*sigh* if you've done the Q chain, you'd see and read that Loken says "you are nothing but a shade of your former self, my master will have some use for you!"

so it's most likely that Thorim was restored to his original state and power (going back to golden skin since the harsh colds of storm peaks would most likely turn you blue :P)

Quote Originally Posted by mmoelf
    did you also notice at least 2 or 3 of the "bosses" for uldar are persons we consider "good guys"? thorim and freya? obviously, there is more going on here than we are reading about.
    I noticed that but then I figured out that you don't kill them(at least freya haven't seen anything about the other two) She just turns friendly at 1% then ports away leaving a chest for you to get free loots from.
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

This Picture was on the front page a couple days ago, it might be what Thorim is supposed to look like but I'm not 100% on this. Just noticed and thought I'd share.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ary/thorem.jpg

I'm not really sure what to say if that's all blizz has to say about it they are alot dumber then I first thought(First thought was alrdy pretty low)

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    I'm not really sure what to say if that's all blizz has to say about it they are alot dumber then I first thought(First thought was alrdy pretty low)
    I have a funny feeling Blizzard is perfectly aware of the model discrepancy, since it IS likely a placeholder.
    I think they're also laughing at the expense of many players who are assuming their alter identities as CAPTAIN OBVIOUSSSSSS!

This is just a guess, but maybe it's because he was being controlled by Loken (yes, he's dead, I know) and it had some sort of influence on his appearence.

/shrug

He just took a shower.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't trust people who say things are placeholders..

the 3 different looking armor types were also a placeholder in the WotLk beta.. oh wait.

Thor never looked anything like Loki. So it's simply a place holder. It wouldn't be the first time you know.

Thorim and Loken are brothers it would make sense that after he becomes "restored" he would resemble the standard model more than his previous withered form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    Thorim and Loken are brothers it would make sense that after he becomes "restored" he would resemble the standard model more than his previous withered form.
    Blood brothers.

Thor is the son of Odin, Loki is the son of Fárbauti.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMonkey913
    This Picture was on the front page a couple days ago, it might be what Thorim is supposed to look like but I'm not 100% on this. Just noticed and thought I'd share.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ary/thorem.jpg
    This seems the most plausible one so far tbh.

ya ok it was a place holder since they changed his model earlier today