Trash tanking and rage management

Im interested how other bear pick targets when tanking trash in heroics..
    Especially when there are caster mobs in pack...
    I usually pull with FF, but caster mobs stay there and mages slack ofc, by not using counterspell on them :
    If i charge the pack, there is danger of pulling some pat while fighting...

So, is there some trick to this?

And about rage, on initial pull (boss or trash) there is rage prob ofc, so how to explain dpsers to wait a bit with dps/aoe? Or there is trick for that?

thnx for any input

Re: Trash tanking and rage management

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    And about rage, on initial pull (boss or trash) there is rage prob ofc, so how to explain dpsers to wait a bit with dps/aoe? Or there is trick for that?
    "Gimme a sec for threat"

LoS casters to pull them back. I usually just pick the closest target and switch after maul/mangle, then go to maul/swipe.

Right, as far as I know, there is no easy way to deal with casters as bear (except LoS). But, since I'm usually tanking guild runs, my mates know this and silence the mob for me and I can pick it up as it comes running. For PuGs, I usually charge the casters, nuke them and then kite away before any patrols arrive.

For rage, three tactics I usually use:
    1) Powershift, go to caster and back to bear for 10 rage (if specced that way)
    2) Enrage
    3) Chainpull, pull next group before rage from the first group disappeared

For target choosing, I generally just put the squishiest mob first (casters, non-elites)

Quote Originally Posted by Treefinger
    Right, as far as I know, there is no easy way to deal with casters as bear (except LoS). But, since I'm usually tanking guild runs, my mates know this and silence the mob for me and I can pick it up as it comes running. For PuGs, I usually charge the casters, nuke them and then kite away before any patrols arrive.

For rage, three tactics I usually use:
    1) Powershift, go to caster and back to bear for 10 rage (if specced that way)
    2) Enrage
    3) Chainpull, pull next group before rage from the first group disappeared

For target choosing, I generally just put the squishiest mob first (casters, non-elites)
    LOSing is not always an option, cos some ppl get confused and say "wtf, where is that f*ing bear going to" and start dps before mobs even touched me...

Ye, if u run with ppl u know its easy, but for PUGs (which i only do) its a bit tricky...
    Powershift is ok, in tbc i used to pull that way along with moonfire on cross...
    Chainpulling is not an option always, cos that damn healers ;D have to drink mana
    On my DK its much more easy, death grip one caster, strangulate other one...

Think im gonna do powershift+moonfire on caster, at least he is gonna shoot me from distance, not healer....

I usually tank everything near the casters. If that is not viable, I taunt the caster after he does 1-2 spells (the second one probably hitted your healer) followed by FF and it sticks to me for the rest of the fight. You'll need to LOS anyway if there are patrols...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    Im interested how other bear pick targets when tanking trash in heroics..
    Especially when there are caster mobs in pack...
    I usually pull with FF, but caster mobs stay there and mages slack ofc, by not using counterspell on them :
    If i charge the pack, there is danger of pulling some pat while fighting...

So, is there some trick to this?

thnx for any input
    Powershift and enrage. Wait a few seconds for enrage to do it's thing then charge a caster.

If the pack is too close to more trash to charge, keep tossing FF's on him while you're tanking everything else and taunt if you see him change target. once the rest of the trash is down you can deal with him

15+ Year Old Account

this is indeed a prob

depents a lot on sitiation

Los is one mether but not alway posable and yes most dps will go NUKE before u got 1 hit :P

best is if there is room just charge into the caster rotate yourself so u are in agle to swipe them all and start swipe / maul spam.

an other way is to fiery fire faster let the melee come to u and use 1 or 2 swipe / amuls on them melee then charge to the caster taunt / magle it and then the melee guys will come after u ofc (unless u loose argo at this point). so after they are all grouped up again u can swipe / maul again.

a lot of caster have a minimal range at wtich they will choose to melee u instead of chain cast spells if u stay in this range u can kite them around a bit

and other this is if your healer stand at close to max range for u let him heal and get argo. becase the healer is further away the mob will stop casting and move closer to actualy be able to hit his highest argo target the healer. whne hes in your range taunt / mangle and u got him where i want him :P.

also u canask any mage / shammy to sheep / hexxy any caster that is left behind they will be a bit surpsied when u ask this but its not imposable :P

and if u got a DK in your party ask him to grib (but make sure tu tant target off him after since grib works like a taunt aswel)

TREE DURID IS 4 PEE