Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dk/paladin/feral druid nerfs in arena slightly.

So just wondering for people who play a squishy class in arena, what is your experience with Death knight's? and or Ret paladins or feral druids speced into big bite crits.. Personally if I get outplayed nice job but I don't enjoy being face rolled into the ground for instance the other day... Druid crits me for I think 10kish threw frost shield in about 2 seconds.. Death Knight's crit me for 8.3k obliterates... Ret paladins doing 5k white crits with betrayer :'( all while me having 700 resilience... just wondering what people think or your experience not trying to cut on the class's although I'm sure we all know they need nerfs. thanks for the responses :P

Wizzleteats

Re: Dk/paladin/feral druid nerfs in arena slightly.

So many Q's, so little time to respond.

QQ

On EU-Cyclone battlegroup (some consider it to be the most competitive BG in the world) there are only 2 rets in 2v2 higher than 2200. Clearly, nerfs are needed.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

i pvp as a mage and i find DK's to be a reasonanly even fight and there is an element of luck in both sides, a fingers of frost proc, a lucky white crit before blink etc. But overall i find them to be pretty good to fight.

Ret are easy so long as u can spell steal BoF and kite, otherwise they really hurt and the 15% speed makes it hard to stay away but it seems pretty balanced so long as u are smart about the fight.

Feral druids i find to be utterly OP tho. you cant slow them, you cant kite them, they have kitty jump, bear charge, fast speed in cat and shifting to remove snares, added to some seriously nasty dps 10k+ ferocious bite wtf !. A good feral is near unpossible to beat for me.

But then arena is never and will never be balanced, especially not 1v1 balanced. Its all team mechanics

Deleted

A lot of people don't realise how OP feral druids actually are currently

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    i pvp as a mage and i find DK's to be a reasonanly even fight and there is an element of luck in both sides, a fingers of frost proc, a lucky white crit before blink etc. But overall i find them to be pretty good to fight.

Ret are easy so long as u can spell steal BoF and kite, otherwise they really hurt and the 15% speed makes it hard to stay away but it seems pretty balanced so long as u are smart about the fight.

Feral druids i find to be utterly OP tho. you cant slow them, you cant kite them, they have kitty jump, bear charge, fast speed in cat and shifting to remove snares, added to some seriously nasty dps 10k+ ferocious bite wtf !. A good feral is near unpossible to beat for me.

But then arena is never and will never be balanced, especially not 1v1 balanced. Its all team mechanics
    I couldn't agree more, I play at 1900 in 2v2 as a ret paladin with 800 resil, plate armor and sacred shield up, ferals burst me down twice as fast as any rogue, mage or dk.

Quoted for Truthiness.

Feral aren't overpowered. Look for ratings. 1vs1 are not arena matches ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao
    Lies and Propaganda I say! >.<

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao
    If ferals arent over powered then neither were pre nerf mut rogues

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh
    if you let melee get to you, you're suppose to die, nothing unbalanced here L2P
    Thats the problem, you cannot get away from a feral druid at all. You cant slow, Cant kite, Cant do anything to keep them at range.

The QFT of the day!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Heh. If they're not a large cat mauling your and your ancestors' face, they're a friggin' bear tanking the world and still ripping your entire family tree to shreds.

But they fall under the radar, these stealth kittens. Like some kind of secret weapon when we're all too busy worrying about that retribution paladin or those goddamn death knight - silent, deadly as an elephant-sized jar of compressed destruction.

Feral druid, feral druid
    Does whatever a lion could
    Mauls your face, and then hides,
    Catches you by surprise

Is it strong?
    Listen silly,
    It's got stealth capability.
    Can it dislodge someone's head
    Turn around, or you're dead
    Shit, bear!
    There goes the feral druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

15+ Year Old Account

At last check there were only 3 feral druids in the top 100 teams for 2v2, all the other tems are filled with Holy/ret pallys, DK's, hunters.

Another thing for you QQers to note is that feral druids are bast around specials because our white hits are so pathetic, sure it can make for some stupid burst but that takes time to set up again people with a fair chunk of resiliance. Bites already been changed, Shred glyph is getting changed in 3.1. those 2 alone will go along was with reducing potential burst.

What i suggest you do is learn how and when a feral can burst you so you can effectively counter it.

nerf physical dps of all class

nerf bosses armors in pve

you get it

kk, I have a DK at 80, and unholy needs a little bit of a nerf (or a lot, but whatever).

I haven't had problem with ret, but it should be nerfed, or just get rid of their blessing of freedom (kek)

but if you insult feral druids, you gotta suck, imo, they have stayed just the right amount of balanced for a very long time.
    1. You're reading my comment
    2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
    4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my comment.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    Heh. If they're not a large cat mauling your and your ancestors' face, they're a friggin' bear tanking the world and still ripping your entire family tree to shreds.

But they fall under the radar, these stealth kittens. Like some kind of secret weapon when we're all too busy worrying about that retribution paladin or those goddamn death knight - silent, deadly as an elephant-sized jar of compressed destruction.

Feral druid, feral druid
    Does whatever a lion could
    Mauls your face, and then hides,
    Catches you by surprise

Is it strong?
    Listen silly,
    It's got stealth capability.
    Can it dislodge someone's head
    Turn around, or you're dead
    Shit, bear!
    There goes the feral druid.
    that's a bit weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedfaith
    kk, I have a DK at 80, and unholy needs a little bit of a nerf (or a lot, but whatever).

I haven't had problem with ret, but it should be nerfed, or just get rid of their blessing of freedom (kek)

but if you insult feral druids, you gotta suck, imo, they have stayed just the right amount of balanced for a very long time.

Hmm thats funny, bliz is gonna buff unholy rather then nerf it.
    ( SS - garg )
    Unholy isnt about big crits but more about survival, thats why holy paladins are doing so great with DK's atm.
    Take away the paladin and what do you see ? only 3dk's in the top 100

All will change when they gonna change holy paladin ( main prob is their mana regen )

Bout druids, well i was raped ( as a dk with 25k armor ) by a little kitty in cat form. Actually his dmg was so huge i was dead before my partner could heal me.

OT: wondering why hunters are not mentioned.
    THey are prob the worst class to meet atm.
    good that they will nerf explosive shot by some extend cause that ability is just ridiculous.