Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kitty DoTs are spells?

The two cat DoT bleed effects that can critically hit with the talent Primal Gore are Rip and Rake. They count as Physical bleed damage. Physical damage crits have a 2.0 damage multiplier (untalented). Why on earth then are they critting with with a 1.5 (spell) multiplier?

Tested on the PTR.
    (with SR and Mangle up)
    Rake: normal = 1.7k crit = 2.8k
    Rip: normal 1.7k crit = 2.8k

Shred (as reference): normal = 2.8k crit = 6.2k

Rake/Rip = 1.7 x 1.5 x 1.1 = 2.8
    Shred = 2.8 x 2 x 1.1 = 6.2
    (The added 1.1 is Predatory Instincts, giving the multipliers values of 1.65 and 2.2)

Anyone else disliking this? I'd rather have the raw damage of the two bleeds decreased than this. It looks and feels bad...

[edit: typo =P]

Re: Kitty DoTs are spells?

So basicaly you dont want your bleeds to crit because they only crit with 1.5 multiplier. GG?

Don't get this wrong, will you? DoTs critting is the best thing that has ever happened to Cat dps. I love it. The DoTs critting with a 1.5 multiplier just seems flat out wrong. Why would they do that? I was only expressing my opinion here, not presenting a problem or QQ'ing. "Thank you for your understanding".

It's probably because they thought so. As some people already stated, this ability works as intended (more sustained dps). Why would you ask for more?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c
    It's probably because they thought so. As some people already stated, this ability works as intended (more sustained dps). Why would you ask for more?
    Re-read what he is saying once more. He isn't really saying that he wants additional dmg, he asks why rip and rake are being treated as spells even though they are physical effects.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

I've heard this is a bug and that it will be rectified soon. Same happened to Warlocks.

I'm fine either way. This is a huge buff to cat DPS even with a 1.5 crit modifier. With a 2.0 crit modifier it would be absolutely bloody insane. (So they might have done this in the name of balance)

Koumaru

Any clue yet as to whether the DoT tick crits count toward procs that rely on critical hits? Improved Leader of the Pack, the Mirror of Truth?

Not a huge deal for cat, but future bear specs may be influenced by the knowledge of whether Lacerate ticks can potentially proc the as-yet-NYI Savage Defense ability.

As for the DoT damage, maybe a dev hastily copied the code from the warlock talent and forgot to change the damage multiplier? Or maybe the 50% crit is intentional, but just thinking of another possible explanation.

15+ Year Old Account

as a stated somewhere else SD will proc of melee crits not lacera dot cits unless its broken :P

i do wonder if predetory strikes will count for our dots? ;D
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    as a stated somewhere else SD will proc of melee crits not lacera dot cits unless its broken :P
    So it will proc off of melee crits but not off of DoT melee crits... Okay...

i do wonder if predetory strikes will count for our dots? ;D
    As stated in the OP, which was based upon observed numbers, yes.

Worth noting that GC has said warlock dot crits will probably be made 2x crits via talents, soon.
    May see the same treatment for cat dots

Great. Thanks for replies. But if it actually is a bug (and we will have the 2.0 multiplier), our dps will be over the roof (even more, lol).

Hope blizz comes up with a good solution for this without nerfing our damage like they did in BC

Yeah, you should have posted as though you were asking if this was a bug, not just talking about your feelings.

To be honest, I didn't think this was a bug, just wierd thinking from blizz.

I wonder if, it being treated like a spell, the T1 Genesis talent would effect it? Even if it is a bug....or I'm talkin' nonsense. Gotta be one of them.
    To purr, or not to purr...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitharia
    I wonder if, it being treated like a spell, the T1 Genesis talent would effect it? Even if it is a bug....or I'm talkin' nonsense. Gotta be one of them.

it's a bug so it doesn't matter. Bleeds are also physical effects.

Genesis has always affected our bleeds, its just been proven by a lot of number crunchers that the points can be better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhide
    Genesis has always affected our bleeds, its just been proven by a lot of number crunchers that the points can be better spent elsewhere.
    Teehee, so many people swear it does, so many people swear it doesn't...
    To purr, or not to purr...

Teehee, so many people swear it does, so many people swear it doesn't...
    All it would take is a druid and some G to figure it out once and for all, yet nobody does it.

So in conclusion, nobody cares!?

15+ Year Old Account

Plus, Genesis does NOT affect our bleeinds, it never did. It's been TESTED. Stop with the bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.