The Immortal, someone dies, replace him works?

Hello guys,

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I'm stuck with a question..
    My guild is going for the glory of the raider achievement, and saving The Immortal for the last ofcourse.

Now, I heard when someone died in the raid, and you replace that person, or you just kicked that person and go on, you will still get the achievement,
    is this true?

I also heard, if you just go with alts, and only for Kel'thuzad, go with your mains, you'll get the achievement. Is this true also?

Thanks,

Hannes

Re: The Immortal, someone dies, replace him works?

Dont know about the dying and replacing but iknow that the going whit alts upp to kel'thuzad works.. IF you mains have killed him before that is..

Replacing doesnt work.
    If you clear everything with twinks and nobody dies then your second guess works!

Only thing that works to save immortal is smashing alt+f4 if youre a holy priest because only after redemption spirit you get counted as dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hannesv
    Hello guys,

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I'm stuck with a question..
    My guild is going for the glory of the raider achievement, and saving The Immortal for the last ofcourse.

Now, I heard when someone died in the raid, and you replace that person, or you just kicked that person and go on, you will still get the achievement,
    is this true?

I also heard, if you just go with alts, and only for Kel'thuzad, go with your mains, you'll get the achievement. Is this true also?

Thanks,

Hannes
    I think that as soon as someone dies in the raid, the achievement is discredited for that raid save. :/

No, the achievement fails the moment someone dies for that instance ID. If it happens to be the first boss that you engaged, you can wipe and reset the instance to get a new ID and try again.

And yes, if you were on alts and get to KT without anyone dying, you can bring in anyone else including your main and get the achievement if noone dies on the last encounter. The achievement doesn't track that you were actually there the entire raid ID, only that you were present the moment the final boss dies, having no one die at all on that ID.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Supposedly if someone dies u wipe the fight and do it again. The achievement only counts successful boss downings so its jsut a case of being careful and wiping if you need to. Havent tested this myself but supposedly works.

There achievements require for _noone_ to have died during any of the boss encounters up to KT, this does not have to be the same ppl all the way through.

when you reach KT you could swap the entire raid onto the same ID and kill him without deaths. As long as on that ID noone died on any boss, the ppl at KT get the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account

Pre posters said it all, but srsly wtf where did you got the idea that replace should work
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    Supposedly if someone dies u wipe the fight and do it again. The achievement only counts successful boss downings so its jsut a case of being careful and wiping if you need to. Havent tested this myself but supposedly works.
    I figure it doesn't, because its not on successful boss downings, its about noone dying during a boss encounter on that ID. Thus also failed tries.

Edit: With exception of what the previous poster said, this being first boss and you get a new ID

Okay, thanks for the replies, I'm not saying I got the idea of replacing works, I just heard it was some kinda bug that made the achievement get fooled

Anyway, thanks alot, guess we'll have some work to do before patch 3.1