Thread: 6 runed orbs!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 6 runed orbs!?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Dude, he agreed with the argument that epics should be hard to get again. You just seem to have some beef with him and are looking for a way to argue.

I remember farming BWL for months waiting for my t2 boots and chest that never dropped. Though I never finished my set, I do wish raids were hard again and epics were just that: epic.
    ive seen qft refer to quit fucking talking quite a bit more than quoted, i jumped to a conclusion, i apologized, i deleted my post. so please, stop attacking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    I do wish raids were hard again and epics were just that: epic.
    Ye, this game is becoming more and more casual.

._.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.

The new epic recipes / patterns all call for 6 runed orbs. Seems like a lot to me, especially based on the fact that a runed orb costs 15 emblems of conquest! Unless these orbs are droppin like crazy, the demand is going to be VERY high for these. I hope Blizz changes the requirements to 1-2 runed orbs, similar to how frozen orbs are now.
    wow you actually have to spend a little time to craft something ? why not just demand blizz that when they release the patch to put in mail the new epic items , after all you pay money like everyone else you should have everything handed out for free .

Well your probably in those type of guilds that thinks that nax is a challenge and doing ulduar and getting down 2-3 bosses will be the highlight of your wow experience.
    Banned for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eima
    Same as Nethervortex..

So where exactly were 6 Nethervortex needed? I dont know any recipe or item..
    A: Think more along the lines of sunmotes here.
    B: All BoE recipes requiring sunmotes needed 5-6 of them

It just means you have to work for them, or wait for the items to trickle down through guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemi
    Ye, this game is becoming more and more casual.

._.
    Take care when differentiating casual and bad. A game catering to casuals means simply that raids may not have as many bosses or may be winged instances(Naxx). A game catering to baddies means that encounters are facerolled by anyone with enough brain matter to bash their face against the keyboard for a few hours a couple days a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Eima
    Same as Nethervortex..

So where exactly were 6 Nethervortex needed? I dont know any recipe or item..
    Fail, don't say anything unless you know what you are talking about.

The epic weapons that were BS only required 5 Nether Vortex to make. Stormherald, Lionheart Executioner, etc...not to mention this was before the mats became BoE and could be boughten with badges. At least these Runed Orbs can be boughten (with badges or gold), as opposed to paying (assuming you could even find someone willing) to go to their SSC / TK and pray for drops.

I like the high mat cost personally. It means for non -herbalists you can make money from gathering again :P

Some good points in here, although a lot of people REALLY love to scream "QQ" and "no more free epics" about just about anything.

-Overall, the recipes are more steep than the nether vortex recipes, but just about spot on with sunmote recipes.
    I still think 15 emblems is steep. Guess it'll be a little while before I get my nice new belt!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio
    wow you actually have to spend a little time to craft something ? why not just demand blizz that when they release the patch to put in mail the new epic items , after all you pay money like everyone else you should have everything handed out for free .
    I agree with you on this. Boy it is tiresome hearing the hypocrisy around here. One minute people are complaining that epics are too readily available, and the next they are complaining about the difficulty in getting/crafting them...

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio
    Well your probably in those type of guilds that thinks that nax is a challenge and doing ulduar and getting down 2-3 bosses will be the highlight of your wow experience.
    Don't tar slower-progressing guilds with the same brush. A lot of guilds out there still find Nax a challenge, but that doesn't mean they share the view that epics should be handouts.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower128
    well the difference now is that people are used to be pretty much handed epic crafted gear. Now they are qq-ing cuz epic gear might actually take time to make.
    QFFT!

I wish for the times when BoB was BiS for mages thru t5/t6 content.. =/

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

With boots being on the badge vendor, I think I'll only be concerned with getting one item made. YMMV depending on how the pieces are itemized compared to the other of course.

I guess we wait and see, but by the time you get enough, will you have better gear? I look at these patterns as alt patterns. I hope by the time I get 6 orbs, I will have won some rolls in Uldaur to get better gear.

So know what this means, free Epics for my alt :P
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I guess we wait and see, but by the time you get enough, will you have better gear? I look at these patterns as alt patterns. I hope by the time I get 6 orbs, I will have won some rolls in Uldaur to get better gear.

So know what this means, free Epics for my alt :P
    I like this idea, i´ll set my eyes on the new gear that drops in Ulduar and let my (most of them) gnome alts jump for joy after new crafted BoE-epics!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valandill
    40 Titansteel Bars (120 Titanium Bars + 40 days unless I buy some cooldowns)
    80 Eternal Earth (they do drop alot and are cheap but that is still alot)
    80 Saronite Bars (not too bad, just takes time)
    You should have been blowing cooldowns, keeping up stock for Ulduar. You have had loads of time to get a good stockpile in.

i Have the following stocked up waiting for Ulduar.
    80x Titansteel Bars (Warrior's Cooldown and Guildies that dont need anything from it)
    280x Eternal Earth (Used a load to make JC Ring and DE for mats)
    800x Saronite Bars (And have sold a bit)

This was all obtained by just arbing around, waiting for Heroic groups, Raids ...
    Dont idle in Dalaran, get out there fly around and do things

I bet there will be better gear as drops than those BOE craftables, way I see it the BOE's are part of Blizzard's philosophy to include few BOE items to all raid instances in Wotlk (BOE trash drops and shoulders from Naxx, ring from Sarth)..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    The new epic recipes / patterns all call for 6 runed orbs. Seems like a lot to me, especially based on the fact that a runed orb costs 15 emblems of conquest! Unless these orbs are droppin like crazy, the demand is going to be VERY high for these. I hope Blizz changes the requirements to 1-2 runed orbs, similar to how frozen orbs are now.
    A runed orb costs nothing besides ~15 minutes of an instance.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    A runed orb costs nothing besides ~15 minutes of an instance.
    Runed Orbs

you are thinking of frozen orbs.
    these will req. 15 Ulduar emblems (more than 15 mins?)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by settle3m
    Runed Orbs

you are thinking of frozen orbs.
    these will req. 15 Ulduar emblems (more than 15 mins?)
    Oh indeed, silly me.

Disregard my last post, it was only an hour after I woke up anyway
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

pff... like blizzard wasnt casual crafting enough as it is and now u want ulduar created gear to be cheap and every1 can get it...?

it's true, every1 can get it. it's fair, blizz puting in craftable gear with ulduar quality for those who dont want to raid so much.

that is 100% ok as u see it's max 3-4 pieces.

and now u want this gear that u can aquire without ever go into ulduar (unless theire bop).

makes no fucking sence to make it cheap and every1 can get it, u need to WORK for it, not just do dailies 2 days a row and boom u got urself ulduar epic.

thats 2 hours work compared to raiders who might raid 4 hours x 5 per week for weeks without geting anything. (thats why dkp or similiar)

i agree this game shud be sligtly more solo friendly and this makes it that, but u stil need to work hard like a raider.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    pff... like blizzard wasnt casual crafting enough as it is and now u want ulduar created gear to be cheap and every1 can get it...?

it's true, every1 can get it. it's fair, blizz puting in craftable gear with ulduar quality for those who dont want to raid so much.

that is 100% ok as u see it's max 3-4 pieces.

and now u want this gear that u can aquire without ever go into ulduar (unless theire bop).

makes no fucking sence to make it cheap and every1 can get it, u need to WORK for it, not just do dailies 2 days a row and boom u got urself ulduar epic.

thats 2 hours work compared to raiders who might raid 4 hours x 5 per week for weeks without geting anything. (thats why dkp or similiar)

i agree this game shud be sligtly more solo friendly and this makes it that, but u stil need to work hard like a raider.
    as i recall it has ilvl 213 which is naxx 25, not even ulduar and you can't get this w/o stepping in ulduar or wasting crazy money on buying em off ah, so....