Went to respecc Boomkin

leveling a Druid alt Feral and I am at lvl 55 right now, but want to respec Boomkin. what level should I go Boomkin

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Went to respecc Boomkin

58 or 60 would work well so you can get good Outland gear that actually worthwhile stats on it
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

lvl'ing as a boomkin takes quite alot of mana drinks, if u want to lvl fast you would be better off staying feral,
    the self heal on feral keeps ur health pool up through lvling most of the time so u keep killing :-)

^^Agree ... I leveled my druid as Balance when the game came out *shivers* ... yeaa don't do that

I was feral from 1-70 and then again when wrath came out 70-80 and at 80 i got tired of bear tanking and went boom. To be honest, feral leveling is the fastest and most enjoyable of all leveling. Stay feral til 80.

personally, i leveled feral for a while, then switched to moonkin around 30, balance solo's the elite quests well, levels quite fast, especially after you get starfall, massive aoe pulls ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    personally, i leveled feral for a while, then switched to moonkin around 30, balance solo's the elite quests well, levels quite fast, especially after you get starfall, massive aoe pulls ftw
    "then switched to moonkin around 30" moonkin form is lvl 40, its called balance spec before that >.<
    "especially after you get starfall" well this is a lvl 60 wotlk talent, means u lvl'd quite late didn't u?
    "balance solo's the elite quests well" depending on gear both feral and balance can do most elite quest solo, but some elites are immune to snare effects which makes it a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    I was feral from 1-70 and then again when wrath came out 70-80 and at 80 i got tired of bear tanking and went boom. To be honest, feral leveling is the fastest and most enjoyable of all leveling. Stay feral til 80.
    I don't get how people can say one is better than the other when they only tried one...

I did feral to 60 in classic, 60-70 in BC, and balance 70-80 in Wrath. All were enjoyable and didn't notice one to be any faster than the other.

I'd imagine that pre-60 balance would be a bit more difficult partly from not having enough talent points to get the regen you need, and partly due to not having enough balance gear as rewards (yes you can use cloth but with lower armor you'll take more damage and need to heal more leading to further down time).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I leveled as feral. It's the fastest and easiest way to level. You don't have to worry about defense at all. It's easy to kill elite mobs. And easy to jump into an instance as a tank.

Leveling boomkin: 3 points in natures focus, 3 points in owlkin frenzy, 3 points in brambles
    I also had innervate glyph (regen while casting) and 3 pts moonglow

mana regen was OK (way better than mage for example) and with all that pushback resistance AND treeants I used AOE a lot. It really made those "kill 15 mobs" quests dissapear quickly

I was Feral right through TBC (I admit - I went resto for Arena) but now I wouldn't go back. But god you can grind mobs as Feral - just non stop go go go. I found Moonkin leveling a bit different though because it is Kill these mobs - move to another area, go again. That meant the down time of trees/starfall/barkskin/innervate wasn't so noticable

on reflection: Boomkin for leveling, Feral for mob grinding.

I have 2 druids, one max 80 with Epic in all slots, and another I'm levelling now.

Stay Feral till 80 and respec. I made my alt druid a Boomkin at 70, took it to 72 in Boomkin. Swapped to Feral right after, and in the same time investment as 70-72 I went from 72-76.

No downtime (Primal Tenacity, Nurturing Instincts)
    High survivability (Barkskin + Imp LOTP + Survival Instincts)
    High damage output
    AoE viability (Cat Swipe + Berserk, Savage Roar)
    30% movespeed indoors (Awesome for quick questing, talking to NPCs)

And one of the most valuable things about being Feral - Tanking instances. As Boomkin, you're competing with the countless other DPS who want to do an instance, and you're gimped in healing (Though it's possible, it's admittedly gimped). As Feral however, you can tank very easily in cat gear up till 80. Doing dungeons and getting blue loot helps levelling a ton, and I found it a lot easier getting in when I have options.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron

And one of the most valuable things about being Feral - Tanking instances. As Boomkin, you're competing with the countless other DPS who want to do an instance, and you're gimped in healing (Though it's possible, it's admittedly gimped). As Feral however, you can tank very easily in cat gear up till 80. Doing dungeons and getting blue loot helps levelling a ton, and I found it a lot easier getting in when I have options.
    I thought I could get round this by being sought after as a healer. So I specced restokin to level - all I can say is DON'T. I was 73 and could get swiftmend and moonkin (33/0/31) and I thought it might be an OK level spec. Gimped damage, sub par heals (but OK with a reasonable group) and not much better regen.

be feral or resto or moonkin. But not some ugly mish mash. Better to be a DPS and compete than be crap at everything

I always was and will be balance at any lvl. On starting lvls I'm balance (for instance dpsing and healing) and I use cat form for questing (the dmg is about the same with feral spec you don't see much difference) until I get moonkin form, then go pewpew wrath/starfire spam on mobs, no dots required.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    and I use cat form for questing (the dmg is about the same with feral spec you don't see much difference)
    at lvl 20 yes, at lvl 36+ no.
    unless u use balance gear ofc, but then ur a nabcake if u go for catform in balance spec and balance gear