New Soul Shards!

Iv been thinking about this for awhile and i thought i would get some critique one it.
    What if there where 3 types of Soul shards each earned when killed with a special spell of each Warlock spell school etc and had different properties like drain soul is a afflicition spell so it would award an affliction soul shard which when used with an affliction spell increases spell damage or durection of dot or change the spell all together. these would ofcause stack in bundles of 5 otherwise we would be screwed but i kinda like the ideer of having more types of soul shards the plain old soul shards are boring and i feel like they are kinda out dated.

Re: New Soul Shards!

Quote Originally Posted by Xionor
    Air, water, and sex are far more outdated than soul shards but that doesnt make them boring does it?
    i dont find air particularly fun<.< its nice that its there but i think people would be alot less bored if there wasent any air, they would be to busy dying^^
    and sex is fun because its satisfying and stimulating and i dont feel particularly satisfyed or stimulated by soul shards dont know about you tho.
    besides isent that abit off topic? if you just feel like being a smart ass then why reply at all, besides satisfying your needs ofcause^^;

why change a class thats already perfect.

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

Quote Originally Posted by Søurdiesel
    LIES !!!! PURELY FABRICATED LIES !!!!!

woah! i though we were talking about locks here?!

Yea whatever keep bitching see where it gets up soon we will just be a gian aoe'ing purple monster with some supportive class features........

i can tear people up as we are right now and im just a challenger cmon now if you really cant play a lock you might wana roll DK

armory me Søurdiesel Alt 0248 for the o

Maybe if they let you combine three shards into a large shard, like how you can combine lesser essences into a greater one. That way, if you needed to stock up on shards, you could just make a bunch of the three-shard Greater Shards, and if you needed a regular shard you just right-click it and get three back.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Maybe if they let you combine three shards into a large shard, like how you can combine lesser essences into a greater one. That way, if you needed to stock up on shards, you could just make a bunch of the three-shard Greater Shards, and if you needed a regular shard you just right-click it and get three back.
    I would find that annoying as hell.
    Like the new System on PTR though.
    They just should give us an additional slot for shard bags, or remove the ability to wield wands and add some drops to some bosses that are actually shard bags with stats on it, just like wands, we can also shoot with and put our shards in.

How did you choose your characters class?
    Hope it's not like "Warlock? Oh! Sounds terrific! That's what I'm gonna play!!"

I hope for you, that you tested it, liked it, and then choose. If so, you are aware since the beginning that it's a class mechanic. Now you wanna change it... Why don't you just reroll?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Afrit
    blablabla shards qq shards etc
    Log PTR , click your soulshard and give feedback
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Yea whatever keep bitching see where it gets up soon we will just be a gian aoe'ing purple monster with some supportive class features........

i can tear people up as we are right now and im just a challenger cmon now if you really cant play a lock you might wana roll DK

Wow had a bad day? You started it, so anyone with common sense would realise that you are purely baiting people so you can start a pointless argument.
    Anyway helped you a bit on your way now and if you aren't a complete idiot you'd think to yourself that it's your fault that i write things that you'd rather not see.
    Don't bait people cause you'll only reel in shit

Lately i keep seeing more and more people who really don't have a fucking clue what the fuck they're japping about, all they want is to look 'big' on the internet and being big on the internet is pointless.

This topic is about a new idea on soulshards and you gotta come in here like a big guy with big talk and a big mouth telling people how awsome you are, newsflash: We don't really care
    I guess there will always be one person who has to act like he's the master.

Edit: It's really sad that many, many, many people misunderstand pretty much everything that is said nowadays on the internet.
    If i may ask you people what the heck did the OP do wrong by simply typing down his idea? Soon people will be afraid to share ideas because of some people that don't get enough daylight

15+ Year Old Account

or just let soulshards stack into stacks of 20? problem solved?

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned

Edit: It's really sad that many, many, many people misunderstand pretty much everything that is said nowadays on the internet.
    If i may ask you people what the heck did the OP do wrong by simply typing down his idea? Soon people will be afraid to share ideas because of some people that don't get enough daylight
    this isnt a misunderstanding...THIS ...IS ...MMOC
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by svstoned
    Wow had a bad day? You started it, so anyone with common sense would realise that you are purely baiting people so you can start a pointless argument.
    Anyway helped you a bit on your way now and if you aren't a complete idiot you'd think to yourself that it's your fault that i write things that you'd rather not see.
    Don't bait people cause you'll only reel in shit

Lately i keep seeing more and more people who really don't have a fucking clue what the fuck they're japping about, all they want is to look 'big' on the internet and being big on the internet is pointless.

This topic is about a new idea on soulshards and you gotta come in here like a big guy with big talk and a big mouth telling people how awsome you are, newsflash: We don't really care
    I guess there will always be one person who has to act like he's the master.

yes because talking like this will definitely deal with such people. seriously if you don't like what people say on a forum you can simply ignore what they wrote. replying like this does nothing. if you don't like someones opinion or think that their opinion doesn't matter then ignore it. problem solved.

also to the OP unless you can come up with more to it than simply afflic shards boost afflic spells in some way ect... then you wont get a lot of supporters. try coming up with different ideas for each kind of shard and ways to obtain them easier without outright buying them. idk about you but i sure as hell am not farming 3 different shards. broaden your idea into something truly unique.

example on getting the shards-
    soul manipulation-
    Create shard of affliction-
    transform a soul shard into a shard of affliction
    reagents-(Soul shard,<something easy to get>)

example of effect-
    Shard of Affliction-
    affliction of terror-charge your next affliction DOT spell with affliction of terror giving a 10% chance per tic for the target to tremble in terror for 2 sec lasts until the DOT is removed in any way(this includes renewing)
    affliction of corruption-increases the speed at which corruption Tics by 40% lasts until removed or renewed

these are just a few ideas i thought up while writing this. yes these would obviously need CDs of decent length. they are mere ideas that i came up with at 1 am in the morning. so its nothing serious.
    i'm sure some of you could come up with a nice idea to extend the OP's idea in a better way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.