Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Why are people complaining so much about vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Are you excited to go back in and stand still hitting the same 3-4 buttons you've done in Nax/Maly/Sath/Nex/UK/UP/AN/OK/OC/HoS/HoL/and so on?

You can't call things like this Repetative or annoying because of a few buttons when all you do in every instance is the same thing over and over to heal someone, to tank someone, and espically to DPS someone. You don't use "As many spells and abilities as a class has" you use only a handful to do your job. A Frostfire Mage's Rotation is what, Four spells? Occassionally poping some cooldowns to help out?

This isn't Malygos by the way. If you read the name it says that it's a different raid. And everyone has said it's not as bad as that.

But again, you don't have to do it. So either get over yourself or just go PVP tell the next patch.
    Uh-huh, I'd say "Spoken like a true pro" but considering how I very much doubt that...
    Amen brother.

Vehicles are certainly new. They aren't innovative, or rewarding, or fun. I say this as a tank who gives the dps a run every part three of Malygoes.

It's a shame too because Malygoes is probably the most unique fight in WoW right now. Part one is incredibly fun to tank but for the remainder of the fight I'm either useless, or a dps. You decide which is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Vehicles are certainly new. They aren't innovative, or rewarding, or fun. I say this as a tank who gives the dps a run every part three of Malygoes.

It's a shame too because Malygoes is probably the most unique fight in WoW right now. Part one is incredibly fun to tank but for the remainder of the fight I'm either useless, or a dps. You decide which is worse.
    Malygoes? It's Malygos, you sure you've been?

I am a Tank on my main, correct =). I don't really ride people. I've wiped what, once(?) on Maly. I think it was because some of the guildies we brought in hadn't practiced for his vehicle part (Which I hope you know where to go for this, Mr. Pro).

I guess I can't compete with you on the vehicle thing. I mean I must be wrong, WoW isn't fun. It's just about gettings epics right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    so because you are a selfish one .. its bad?

shame on you
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Part 2 starts, 15 seconds later the adds are dead. Over vent: "OK, tanks stick your thumbs in your asses, you're done here"

@Copain: That's why I said part 3...

I'd have no problem with it is you could reconfigure the nonsensical button setup to something useful.

But you cant. They havent thought all of this through before they implemented it with the first fights, and it just goes on with the new ones. Sad, really.

Gimmicky stupidity is gimmicky.

I don't particularly mind Vehicle fights, however I hope this won't be a continuing trend from Blizzard. One fight out of 14 (iirc) is absolutely fine in my opinion. So long as the encounter is tuned correctly and not easymode like Leviathan is in it's current state. Although I'm sure Blizzard will change this to perfection.

i read the first post, and it sums up everything perfectly!

good post!

as for this fight being a 'gimmick' .. the whole damn game is one gimmick after another.... heigan dance, loatheb no-heals, KT mind control and iceblock, instances, flight masters, spell/skill trainers, talents, mounts, leveling, mana, health, animation... its all 'gimmicks' to make the game more interesting :
    It's just a game.

Are you excited to go back in and stand still hitting the same 3-4 buttons you've done in Nax/Maly/Sath/Nex/UK/UP/AN/OK/OC/HoS/HoL/and so on?
    Yeah. Or else I wouldn't be playing WoW.

You can't call things like this Repetative or annoying because of a few buttons when all you do in every instance is the same thing over and over to heal someone, to tank someone, and espically to DPS someone.
    Actually I CAN call things like this repetative or annoying. As I said before, if I wanted to fight in a car, I would be playing a different game. The only way they can make vehicle combat fun is if you got specific abilities for your class or spec.

This isn't Malygos by the way. If you read the name it says that it's a different raid. And everyone has said it's not as bad as that.
    Oh, it's a different raid? Does that make vehicular combat any different? Is OS the only place in the game where you fight on a vehicle? No...it's just as terrible in WG, EotS, dailies, heroics, etc as it is in OS.

But again, you don't have to do it. So either get over yourself or just go PVP tell the next patch.
    Are you 8 years old? Get over myself? I don't like the fact that I have to fight as a little truck in order to raid, but that doesn't mean I don't want to raid. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter.

Now YOU, on the other hand, have an attitude that your opinion is right and the only thing that matters. You, my friend, need to get over yourself.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Champloo
    Vehicles are boring, slow moving, annoying.

You chose your class to PLAY YOUR CLASS.The way you play your class suites your personality- these vehicles do not.
    Still everyone must get bored of hitting the same buttons, this fight is nice for healers as they don't have to feel the same pressure in keeping everyone alive

A Veichle boss, with brand new abilities and funny skins, new types of different Veichles for the encounter, they scale with gear so whining bitches can't complain, and most of all, IS JUST FOR 1 BOSS OUT OF 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Yeah. Or else I wouldn't be playing WoW.
    And you won't be playing WoW, or at least in this instance, unless you use a vehicle.

Actually I CAN call things like this repetative or annoying. As I said before, if I wanted to fight in a car, I would be playing a different game. The only way they can make vehicle combat fun is if you got specific abilities for your class or spec.
    You Still haven't proven why it's repetitive.... You are just saying that they need specs and stuff for them.

As I said, if you can call this repetitive, then you have to say every other instance is, because you are doing the same thing over and over. Which here you have DIFFERENT ways of doing the same fight (3 vehicles, and some can hold more than one IIRC), that you do once a week.

Oh, it's a different raid? Does that make vehicular combat any different? Is OS the only place in the game where you fight on a vehicle? No...it's just as terrible in WG, EotS, dailies, heroics, etc as it is in OS.
    OS? You mean EoE right?

Is every vehicle the same? If you've watched any videos on it you've seen how they've been less clunky and stuff. You can't assume they will always carry the same flow, they've been known to make things different in new things, unless I've missed something...

Are you 8 years old? Get over myself? I don't like the fact that I have to fight as a little truck in order to raid, but that doesn't mean I don't want to raid. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter.

Now YOU, on the other hand, have an attitude that your opinion is right and the only thing that matters. You, my friend, need to get over yourself.
    There's always Nax, OS, and EoE, you don't need to "Fight as a little truck."

If everyone is allowed to state their own opinion, and no one should counter it or argue with them over it, try not to make your first post in the topic telling someone else they are wrong.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

All right that's it, vehicles are out, Blizz is going to replace the FL fight with another big room where you fight a dragon, make sure you avoid it's tail and head and watch out for the Void zone/blizzard/flame wave.

Repetitive game is repetitive get over yourself.

I'm not sure one could really say that. It IS true that the vehicles will have the same attacks, yes. But because the guy doesn't follow a set path (IE, there is no actual Tank player), any player can play anything, and thus mix it up.
    No but the strategy and the abilities remain the same. There aren't 20 or even 5 vehicles to choose from, its 3 i believe. Which means each vehicle has a job that it must fulfill in its required roll in a specific way EVERY time to win. After 5 weeks the strategy will be down and you will have probably tried all the vehicles making this fight the same no matter what you raid composition is or the class you play.

While it's true you can bring new people to change up things, in the end YOU are the one playing... you, so it doesn't matter much about the other classes, in the end you are doing the same things over and over. In a situation like this you will be hitting different things for just a bit, and you can switch that up each time.
    If your a good player then the way you play IS also affected by the abilities of the others around you. Maybe DPS doesn't feel this as much but it still can play a part. I mean having or not having a shaman in a raid no matter what the spec can make a big difference in the way a fight goes. When it comes to vehicles though, you can have 25 DKs and you will still stand a good chance at beating him if you have the strategy down. While yes you can do a fight without a shaman that shaman has a big effect on the fight when hes not there, compared to a vehicle combat situation. I mean tanks and healers are always affected by the classes that surround them so a lot of strategy can be put into the classes you bring. Overall vehicle combat is just reliant on the knowing of 3 buttons specific to this one fight.

As for the vehicles being fit for the fight, that's a yes and no. I understand that weapons don't scale (at least not yet) which is a bit disappointing, however that's not to say that they are FIT. A naked group couldn't go in because of how it works. Everyone will be taking damage so better geared people will obviously be the choice to bring along.
    Geared people will be the better choice but do u know that a group of naked or terribly geared players could not achieve the same loot as people in all 7.5 or bis gear? The vehicles ARE fit for the fight. Their abilities are DESIGNED for the fight. Yes maybe your truck has more health with better gear but the gimmick of tar is the same no matter what class you play or gear your in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    as for this fight being a 'gimmick' .. the whole damn game is one gimmick after another.... heigan dance, loatheb no-heals, KT mind control and iceblock, instances, flight masters, spell/skill trainers, talents, mounts, leveling, mana, health, animation... its all 'gimmicks' to make the game more interesting :
    As far as raids go everything you listed doesn't last or is not the whole fight. Vehicles are the fight in this boss encounter and not just an ability of the boss your fighting. The rest of the things you listed are not gimmicks it is what makes this game a RPG. Improving your character is not a gimmick, it is what allows you to progress you character.

If 3-4 buttons is all you bring to a raid or instance your probably shouldn't be there in the first place. If you stand still in every WotLK fight in the game you probably shouldn't be fighting anything. Maybe you should go collect herbs or mine if you want to do the least possible and play the game.

You can't call things like this Repetative or annoying because of a few buttons when all you do in every instance is the same thing over and over to heal someone, to tank someone, and espically to DPS someone. You don't use "As many spells and abilities as a class has" you use only a handful to do your job. A Frostfire Mage's Rotation is what, Four spells? Occassionally poping some cooldowns to help out?
    I know as a DK dps my rotation can change in a fight just because i have to do the dance on Hiegan or AoE on bosses like Sarth. I mean if you don't like playing your class and its rotation why are you playing in the first place? 15 dollars a month to hate what your doing does not make much sense. As far as tanking..... you must never have tanked because if you believe every fight is the same as a tank then you are sadly mistaken.

11 million people have said that its a good fight huh? Well I am convinced. Its a different raid with a similar gimmick. The vehicle part of mally was 1 of 3 phases ( no the saucers do not count). If that was bad then blizzard has shown us so far they do not implement vehicle fights well.

No i pay 15 dollars a month to recieve good content. If the majority likes it then they have accomplished their goal but that does not mean i should not want my opinion and views on raiding to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Still everyone must get bored of hitting the same buttons, this fight is nice for healers as they don't have to feel the same pressure in keeping everyone alive
    Then make an alt or play another game. I don't understand why people are determined to do something they dislike for some purple colored pixels. 10 years from now it won't matter the time you invested to getting that epic so if you don't like doing it or it bores you then do something you like. I play a dps and a tank because i like those roles and i enjoy every fight with them. If you don't like healing then don't do it. It is easier then ever to have a dps or tank with DKs being level 55. I don't like healing because it does feel mundane to me. Don't pay to play a game every month that you dont have fun with while your playing it.

I like my job as dps and i like challenges but stripping me of all my abilities and telling me to play something completely different for 5 minutes is not fun. Its an innovative way of not innovating. The Leviathan fight was not really hard on blizzards part. All they had to do was come up with a boss and figure out the 3 types of vehicles that would counter it. They didn't have to worry about 9 classes, they boiled it down to 3. I don't think you will ever look back at any of the vehicle fights in current WoW and say man that was an awesome fight and/or it pushed all of us to do our best.

I for one found P3 of Malygos pretty fun because it challenged me to learn something new, even if it wasn't that hard it was fresh and different and in no fucking way a PERMANENT change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Juice
    No i pay 15 dollars a month to recieve good content.
    If this raid isn't good, quit then. If you pay for good content, and this is content, then this is good content if you keep paying?

I'm not a huge fan of vehicles either. Though they're fun for a giggle, having fights based around them in frustrating when they're wonkey.

I might find the Flame Leviathan fun the first few times, but I have a feeling I'm going to get very sick of the fight after a few months.