Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else notice this?

Any battleground, arena, pvp situation the other team consistently looks to kill me once they see I am a priest. I will be by myself on the other side of WSG and 3-5 of the other team will come and wipe the floor with my carcass instead of going for the flag. Does anyone else think it is a sad state of affairs that we are the free kill to all melee, and some casters now?

Gosh 3.1 PVP changes could not come any sooner. Sorry about my rant, but I've been PVPing a lot lately and it really gets to me. 900+ resilience and 21k HPs and I'm still just an annoying gnat that is easy to kill.

Re: Anyone else notice this?

Congratulations, you realised what's been going on for 2½ year.

They are focusing you Cause you heal (or presumably)

let see kill the tank with 36k hp that is getting healed... by the priest.... or kill the priest that in turn cannot heal the tank (like product)

GEEEEEEE TOUGH ONE!
    when the kittens take over the freeways remember i was on your side.

Saying that pures should beat hybrids by 5% is like saying a penny should be tails 50% of the time. If you flip a penny infinite times, yes, it will be tails half the time. But if you flip the penny three time and don't get any tails, you shouldn't take the penny to the bank and tell them it's broken.

It happens as shadow or disc, and it happens when I am alone. It really feels more akin to "hey kill that guy because he is super easy to kill" and I never felt like that at all in BC or Vanilla wow. My point is moot though, 3.1 should fix things, and could not come soon enough.

15+ Year Old Account

Started - or especially started - since priests got Benediction / anathema. But would assume its due to:

*Cloth / low armor
    *Healing class
    *Almost no means to protect themself properly
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

what about priests with full s3 when s3 was up? i saw alot of times how 1 priest tank 2rogues and warr but now ..yeah they are paper boys and girls running around

priests are usually shiny too and attract the melee quite easily.

It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    priests are usually shiny too and attract the melee quite easily.

haha ;D

Or perhaps it could just be because you are alone, and there are a lot of them in a group. Most BG's have turned into a middle of the map kill-fest anyway.

I blame the levitate glyph. All those jealous meleers just wants to knock you down to their level.

I agree, it did start with Benediction. That might as well have been a "Gank Me" flag on your back...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think its not so much "Zomg a priest squash it!" as "Zomg theres some noob running around by himself, crush it!"

And if you're running around by yourself in BG's instead of healing others or hiding amongst the crowd to dps, then I think you just recently bought your toon.

Priests are such an easy kill because the only way to stay alive, if more than 1 melee is on you, is to actually cast a heal. All melee can stop that cast and *poof* your dead. Instant heals, pain suppression and a bubble just isn't enough to combat the melee burst damage.

You get targetted first, not only because your a healer but because your the easiest healer to kill.

Im disc with 855 resil 21k hp and I have found the same thing. It gets frustrating to put so much time into gearing for PVP and find you survivability just went up slightly.

even if your with a group teammates riding through midfield in WSG. The rogue will always sap the priest and wait for the rest of the grp to move on. Then gank you stun lock you, slow you, stack poison on you, you fear him, cloak of shadows and poof your dead. Add a paladin into the mix and you won't even be able to get a fear off since your stunned while you watch your HP bar drop quickly.

Your dead.

This patch is long overdue.

OMG!! PRIESTS LOOSE one vs 3-5?!!!

lawl...

Quote Originally Posted by Dominada
    Any battleground, arena, pvp situation the other team consistently looks to kill me once they see I am a priest. I will be by myself on the other side of WSG and 3-5 of the other team will come and wipe the floor with my carcass instead of going for the flag. Does anyone else think it is a sad state of affairs that we are the free kill to all melee, and some casters now?

Gosh 3.1 PVP changes could not come any sooner. Sorry about my rant, but I've been PVPing a lot lately and it really gets to me. 900+ resilience and 21k HPs and I'm still just an annoying gnat that is easy to kill.
    Is this the phrase of the day or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

sad state of affairs (SSOA)

sometimes I survive if I get a lucky fear off. It is fun when the other team is trying to kill me 3 v 1 and I just kite them around healing myself while the flag carrier runs away.

Also sometimes a player is alone because they are trying to get back to the rest of the group. I've been all about PVP on my priest since vanilla wow, I got up to champion (rank 10) in the old system and just barely missed rank 11 *shrug*. My point of this thread was simply that PVP feels very different right now than ever before for me, and I think blizzard finally noticed and is making changes.

My priest
    WWS Not my best night

Q,Q
    SSOA Indeed

Mana users not specced Ret or Enhance get owned by me. All the others... /cringe

My first and only step into BGs at 80 I ran in and saw a lolgnome warrior. I was dead in 6 seconds. I thought this was a fluke because... well, warrior.

Ten minutes later I was at 3 kills and 12 deaths by an assortment of loleasyHKs at 70.

At least I can roflstomp warlocks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Mana users not specced Ret or Enhance get owned by me. All the others... /cringe

My first and only step into BGs at 80 I ran in and saw a lolgnome warrior. I was dead in 6 seconds. I thought this was a fluke because... well, warrior.

Ten minutes later I was at 3 kills and 12 deaths by an assortment of loleasyHKs at 70.

At least I can roflstomp warlocks now.
    Does adding lol and rofl before words make you cooler or something?
    On topic... 3.1 will be a nice addition to the priests, but I'm more for the PvE anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Started - or especially started - since priests got Benediction / anathema.
    Actually at the time of Benediction and Anathema it was like this:

"Hey there's a guy with Benediction on his back, kill him, he's a free kill anyway!"

and

"OMG here comes a guy with Anathema, get the hell away from here for he will rape our minds!" - and he did.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

No, because back then we had Holy Nova, and rogues didn't have CloS.

I actually managed to kill rogues as holy <3