Ret Hit rating requirements

Soooo ret hit rating for end game raiding is 264 hit or just little above 8% but all the time i see the immortal best ret geared people running around with 200 hit rating 210 148 hit

Swampmoose Shima Iktankniet Zemme (ensidia) all have low hit rating and i was asking myself why!

Re: Ret Hit rating requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    Soooo ret hit rating for end game raiding is 264 hit or just little above 8% but all the time i see the immortal best ret geared people running around with 200 hit rating 210 148 hit

Swampmoose Shima Iktankniet Zemme (ensidia) all have low hit rating and i was asking myself why!
    cause the pusnisment for not beeing hit capped is to small atm, its same for surv hunters.

ok so lets say you are 2% from hit cap like Zemme what do u gain from not being hit capped 2% crit? so actually u crit 2% more but u miss 2% of the time i dunno whats best tbh

15+ Year Old Account

the current gear of retri paladins doesnt have much hit on it. so if we would take gear to be hitcapped, we would decrease our stats, thus lowering dmg/dps we do.

ofc hit is important because you dont want to miss. but strength increases dmg more then being hitcapped. thats why all sockets of paladins should be filled with strength to push the dps limit.

well atm im hit capped just because our guild has seen only 2 betrayers drop and no dkp system ftl lost the rolls but was wondering if it was worth to hit cap once and if i get betrayer

God as much as i'd like to ignore this thread im going to answer.

If thousands of people tell you that putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger will most likely end up with your brains splattered all over the respective surface you were facing you wouldnt try it to see if their wrong right? Thats because you look at the evidence (ooh look at this piccy of face blown off this is what will happen) and you agree they are most likely correct? Right?

Ok if your with me so far lets carry this logic on a bit further.

If the best Pallies in the world, with the highest DPS of hundreds of thousands are ALL not hit capped and like you mention are all running about 150-200hit then maybe you should take the hint and realise they are probably correct.

Long story short every single theory crafter and reality player is in agreement that you only ever Gem for STR and never be afraid of taking upgrades in item level if you drop hit because of it. Hope this helps and i hope to not see another Hit convo on this forum for a while cos man are they getting old :P
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Hit cap is a joke.

Armory me.

Armory Zaloog from accounting (he's usually in pvp gear though)

Armory Swampmoose.

Armory Barrelroll from Fusion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Hit cap is a joke.

Armory me.

Armory Zaloog from accounting (he's usually in pvp gear though)

Armory Swampmoose.

Armory Barrelroll from Fusion.

Armory Iktankniet
    fixed

I am hit capped (7% + draenei in group always) and expertise capped and I have no regrets gemming and enchanting a bit both.
    Stormreaver.EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    I am hit capped (7% + draenei in group always) and expertise capped and I have no regrets gemming and enchanting a bit both.
    can you post a wws or something like that?

Just to let you know before hand... 2K dps is NOT good.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

295,11 without anything in the group. If you have any buffs, take 32.79 rating from the number of % hit you get from the buff/debuff.
    Aim for 200 hit rating. This is the usual used in raids, and if you have 200 hit rating, you should gem for strength and only strength.

/thread

I find this facinating. If you were to tell a Mage or Enh Shaman that thier first priority isn't hitcap they would laugh in your face. Its cool that you guys have a stat that actually adds up to more damage per point that +hit as it annoys me to no end how grossly over weighted +hit is.

LOL, don't get me started on hit. I have a pally as well and it's a completely different game from my shaman.

ANOTHER one of these stupid "Lolhowmuchhit" threads. -_-

I promise you that more then half of the articles on the front page have a hit discussion already.

15+ Year Old Account

i made a faq with the answers in it about hit, but no1 wants to make it sticky

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...9185#msg639185

Full Heroic Naxx Clear with 6% Hit Rating (including Spacegoat Racial)

9 Misses
    7 Dodge
    7 Parry

I'd actually do more DPS getting Expertise Capped then Hit Capped.