(pally) Tanking gearing up help

Hi all

I need to advice from the tanking guru's here

This is my armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ne&n=Annaconda
    (I also got the blockrating trinket which i mostly use)

1) i want to replace my tanking shield should i go get the Eovalor one or te CoS one?
    (Btw i dont play that hardcore so money grinding and Emblems grinding isn't that easy for me)

2)Belt should i got for emblem or go for Old kingdom one.

3) Is the emblem libram worth it?

4) any other tips????

Edit forgot to ask
    If i dont have Threath issue's is hit rating still recommended?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: Tanking gearing up help

I used the emblem trinket until I got the Nax Def one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Re: Tanking gearing up help

Hi,

Being a warrior tank, as much as I heard in our guild, you should not go for +hit rating - as a lot of your threat will be generated through spells.

www.tankspot.com is a good place to read about gear, etc.

Emblem items are best, however untill you get those, its not bad to run heroics for the pieces.
    COS shield is good, or get the blacksmith created ones.
    Heroic Azjol-Nerub trinket is better than Kael's, however it has a low drop rate (+111 stamina).

Tankspot should give you even more details.

Good luck,

Re: (pally) Tanking gearing up help

Badge belt rocks; the libram is nice and as for trinkets I'd recommend trying to get your hands on a good old essence of Gossamer tbh. Hit is really not needed IMO; I'm fine at barely over 100 rating. JC badge ring would be a nice thing to aim for if you can get the gold; you're good to start raids etc as you are. Shoulders drom GD are nice, as are the gloves form there or from VH, you seem to have a good grip on gear etc as it is though. Just as a note, reckoning will do approximately nothing for you, DG/imp. HoJ/GF are much more useful filler talents to get deeper into prot.

Ty for you guys responses.

@gron Looked at tankspot nice guides, ty for the link.

@draco ty you answered al my questions in your post.
    And I am planning to spec out of reck, but since i barely use hammer of justice and divine shield I going to wait till ulduar hoping we pally's get a free respec and make my spec more Maintank based.

Atm herioc grinding places for me going to be:
    Gundrak (Shoulder and Hands)
    AN (trinket)
    CoS (Shield)
    Old kingdom (Wrist)
    DtK (Ring)
    And with Emblems going to buy waist (1st), Trinket (2de) and maybe Libram
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

1) Go for the CoS shield. Royal Crest of Lordaeron have a high stamina and defence which are the stats you should be focusing on. And it looks cool.

2) The emblem belt is very good pre naxx25.

3) Yes, the emblem libram is really worth the emblems. It boosts your damage mitigration by alot and causes your shield of the righteous to do more damage and thereby give you more threat.

Hit is not a stat you should work on. If you are having problems with threat just ask the dps to slow down, and work on mitigration.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I figured adding on to this one was better than creating my own since my quest is also to gear up a fresh pally tank.

I've done some reading but honestly, I play a warlock main and my pally was holy up til level 75. From what I gathered in my research, I need to get 689 defense rating, 263 hit (draenei), and then stack strength and stamina after that. My pally is only level 79, but I want to be prepared when I hit 80 and have a plan for how to gear her up. Here is the route I plan to take, it leaves me with 674 defense rating and 211 hit (not counting any gems). After I socket the helm, I should have my full defense rating to meet the 540 defense requirement. I was hoping you might give some critique on my plan so that I don't waste my time pursuing an item when I would benefit more from a different item and maybe some suggestions on where to pick up an additional 52 hit. This character doesn't have any emblems of heroism yet so the emblem gear isn't an option at this time. I only looked at defense and hit when making my list. Her professions are enchanting and jewelcrafting. The items are linked below:

Helm: Tempered Titansteel Helm
    Neck: Titanium Earthguard Chain
    Shoulder: Iron Dwarf Smith Pauldrons
    Back: Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions
    Chest: Sun-Emblazoned Chestplate
    Bracer: Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets
    Weapon: Red Sword of Courage
    Shield: Titansteel Shield Wall
    Libram: Venture Co. Libram of Protection
    Hands: Refined Ore Gloves
    Belt: Ancient Aligned Girdle
    Legs: Bolstered Legplates
    Boots: Sabatons of Draconic Vigor
    Ring1: Titanium Earthguard Ring
    Ring2: Unsmashable Heavy Band
    Trinket1: Figurine - Monarch Crab
    Trinket2: Figurine - Ruby Hare

Thanks!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

The first thing you should even consider spending your heroism badges on is the libram. It is leaps and bounds the best libram in the game. After that, I'd probably save them for Tier 7 armor. To be honest, the epic pieces from heroics or rep (gloves, belt, legs, etc.) are more than suitable for starting off tanking Naxx. Going for the badge belt (though it is good) is a bit superfluous in my opinion.

Good luck from Brutalicus

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&n=Brutalicus