Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Bolvar Fordragon's fate! I finally managed to figure out what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    I wonder if this is Ner'zhul actually talking about Arthas. Recall Ner'zhul corrupted Arthas and they merged to become the Lich King we know now.

I'm not so great on lore, but this is just what I thought when I listened to the audio.

Recall Ner'zhul saying in WC3:
    "Now,we are one!"
    I was thinking about this too. And if you listen carefully, you can easily hear a lot more of Ner'zhul when he's speaking (if you know what I mean).

Re: Bolvar Fordragon's fate! I finally managed to figure out what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I sense Wrynn showing up to help out and then Bolvar confronts him, should be interesting.
    Wrynn vs Bolvar, Saurfang Sr. vs Saurfang Jr.

Sounds like something potentially crummy.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Ha! Haha! You even dare calling this patchwork of retcons and inconsistencies a "story"? That's an insult to all game series with a good lore.
    you've clearly never read the books then, as they explain everything that went on before halo 1, after halo 1 and intro to 2 etc etc, it is a really amazing story line, but the warcraft stories rape the halo ones by about a 1000 times

Quote Originally Posted by Artex
    Wrynn vs Bolvar, Saurfang Sr. vs Saurfang Jr.

Sounds like something potentially crummy.

I think we all know Saurfang Sr. wouldn't hesitate for a second to cleave the thing that used to be his son clear into the ocean.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I just don't see it happening. They get torched with the full fury of the red dragonflight - all that's -left- of Bolvar is his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Ha! Haha! You even dare calling this patchwork of retcons and inconsistencies a "story"? That's an insult to all game series with a good lore.
    Which retcons and inconsistencies would that be?

Even Yogg pretends to be a girl online.

Pallys deserve it.

would not surprise me in the least of bolvar and saurfang were in a joint encounter either in the style of the four horseman where they help each other (though doing it again also with death knights would be a bit redundant"

or in the style of the two demons from arcatraz, the ones that bitch at eachother while you kill them.

either way (or in some other way) the two will probably be together in one encounter.

No, Saurfang is dead, he died before Putress's attack, but the storyline for Bolvar could easily be true.
    well if hes dead there's no possible way he could be an encounter in icecrown, because the Lich King could never raise someone from the dead.

Doesnt make a lick of sense for the lich king to have bolvar! From the time when the lich king retreated to bolvar rolling over to dargonz torching everything there is 0 chance for Arthas or minions to of retrieved bolvars body. Most likely the dragons have taken bolvar somewhere secret.

Him= mograine obviously, there was no important human who could be "broken" by lich king
    Kel thuzad gone to lich king by himself, cause he wanted to and there is no1 to who arthas can actually refer to besides mograine i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by evoslayer
    well if hes dead there's no possible way he could be an encounter in icecrown, because the Lich King could never raise someone from the dead.
    @Blaner: That's sarcasm coming from evoslayer. Hopefully. Everyone knows that in WoW, especially in WotLK, whatever is dead never truly stays dead unless the Lich King doesn't know of it's existence or doesn't see any worth in raising it.

Anyway, if Arthas can survive the green plague-smoke from the Forsaken attack, why not some Scourge lieutenant who is powerful enough to survive it and go out and grab his corpse? You didn't specifically see Bolvar's body burning or any sign of it next to the shield when you pick it up did you?

If you ask me, Arthas probably broke the spirit of Saurfang Jr which is imprisoned within Frostmourne to raise him as some orc spirit warrior, thus that quote when he starts breaking Bolvar next.

Now before someone attempts to be so wise on me, yes I know, I may be badly wrong - but to be honest I don't see a reason behind Alexstrasza's and Korialstrasz' secret about Bolvar if he's gone bad or taken by the Lich King by any ways (wouldn't mind you naming the reasons to what makes sense to you).
    I think dragons are involved about what happened to him. Dunno.. Perhaps Alexstrasza killed him by accident before she discovered he actually managed to stay alive? Or he's simply alive, hidden behind dragons and he wants to remain that way 'till some event, or something? Speculations?

Its more likely for Saurfang Jr. to be an encounter in Icecrown since Arthas managed to take his soul with Frostmourne. Arthas can easily place Saurfang's soul in another body... very much like what happened with Teron.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Teron_gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    Him= mograine obviously, there was no important human who could be "broken" by lich king
    Kel thuzad gone to lich king by himself, cause he wanted to and there is no1 to who arthas can actually refer to besides mograine i think
    Iirc from the Ashbringer comics, Alexandros Mograine never saw the Lich King. Only Kel'thuzad. And considering he got stabbed in the back by his son, I don't think Kel'thuzad had any trouble turning him.

It makes lots of sense, when Bolvar rolls over he obviously gets carted away through the Wrathgate. Sorry lol, couldn't help it. I don't believe in this for a second, him being there doesn't make any sense from what we know. 2 Voices can sound alike you know. I hardly see a window of opportunity for him to make his run through the Wrathgate, not the state he was in.

Nered, I agree, it is unlikely that the dragons would want to hide that he got scourged up, they are supposed to be wiese and all that jazz. I am hoping for something leftfield that we didn't see coming. Something big, it would have to be surely to be worthy of being a dragon secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Korialstrasz says: My Queen, do they know?
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: No, my beloved.
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: [Draconic] Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul
    Korialstrasz nods.
    Korialstrasz says: They will not.

(Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet. )

so lets wait and im sure there will be something interesting involving Bolvar :-X

15+ Year Old Account

Bolvar stripped down and followed through the gate...

Anyways I'm for the part where "him" is Arthas would make sense with the Lich King acting as if his closest servant was less than nothing to him even in his own body.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Dont think Bolvar is in the hands of the Lich King as the only scourge who survived at the wrathgate was The Lich King himself and i dident see him dragging away Bolvar. We auctally see Bolvar succumb to the modified plague after The Lich King has gone back inside his citadel. Dont know what happened to him and havent got a clue, but one thing is certain. Hes not done yet.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Assuming the speculation is true about the lich king raising Bolvar, would the raised body of his not be obedient to the person who raised him (the lich king)? Why would he need to be tortured?