Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Build 9658 New Holy talent (Body And Soul)

Body and Soul *New Talent* - When you cast Power Word: Shield, you increase the target's movement speed by 30/60% for 4 sec, and you have a 50% chance when you cast Abolish Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.Body and Soul *New Talent* - When you cast Power Word: Shield, you increase the target's movement speed by 30/60% for 4 sec, and you have a 50% chance when you cast Abolish Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
    from the latest build on the PTR - 9658.
    Does anyone know what talent this will be replacing, or where it is going to be placed if it is not replacing anything? I would really like it to be accessable as disc.

Re: Build 9658 New Holy talent

Talent Calculator from mmo-champion doesn't work for me :<

Why on earth would they put it in holy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Why on earth would they put it in holy ...
    They did say they wanted Holy to be more pvp viable in 3.1 Although im sure everyone who plays a priest would agree that we don't care about holy pvp, and this is very needed for the disc tree.

Its VERy deep holy so not accesable for disc.

It can help the failures in my guild who can't dance. I've REALLY been looking forward to a way to remove poison. Now hopefully maxxena will be easier since our shamans fail at poison cleansing totem.

I think this was a nice attempt, but not really thought through by Blizzard.

Its so deep in Holy that it doesn't make much sense to take it imo. The only reason i can think of taking this would be a holy pvp build and honestly disc just has to many good talents to pass up for pvp.

I would be a nice gimmick for pve holy if we were not stretched for talents as is, but i see no room for it in a raid spec.

And it only has a 50% chance to remove poisons on Yourself, not your target.

For the few people who are die hard holy and want a holy pvp build im sure its a godsend, but for me its not much.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetoez
    Talent Calculator from mmo-champion doesn't work for me :<
    Apologies. It's a tier 8 talent (requires 35 points into holy) and is directly to the left of Empowered Healing.

Heh...as Holy PvE priest, kinda useless ???
    Guess it can help in some "RUN FROM THAT FUCKING FIRE" situations but meh...that's it.

reminds me of how deadly throw interrupt was kicked into combat in attempt to give it some pvp utility. pissed off all the rogues too
    all hail king frost strike

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ
    It can help the failures in my guild who can't dance. I've REALLY been looking forward to a way to remove poison. Now hopefully maxxena will be easier since our shamans fail at poison cleansing totem.
    It cleanses poison only from YOURSELF (only 50% chance).

This is clearly a PvP talent. Any decent PvE holy priest will not waste 2 talent points on this one. Yes, there might be some situational use in raids but most of the time you'll benefit from other talents a lot more.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

The rogues only cried about the change to Deadly Throw becoming a talent because before they all had it on their PVP gloves anyway.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Noone has even commented on the Serendipity nerf, that's how unsurprising it was... Casting three Flash Heals for 36% speed-up for one spell really isn't amazing. I think I'm a bit disappointed.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    Noone has even commented on the Serendipity nerf, that's how unsurprising it was... Casting three Flash Heals for 36% speed-up for one spell really isn't amazing. I think I'm a bit disappointed.
    Yeah it sucks. First we trade mana-return in for 60% haste after casting 3x FH and now they're taking away 24% of that making the talent more useless every patch.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

I've not commented because I didn't manage!

Omg noes!

It was the perfect translation from a random IHC proc to a well misured GH 0.9 / PoH 1.0 second cast heals, where you actually had to put effort and timing to have the stack at 3x at incoming large damage.
    Add that HC has been modified but the average mana regen should be the same due to its new mechanic (on PTR I had an uptime of like 90% of the time with that "self-replenishment" with 31% holy crit raidbuffed) the new Serendipity would have been perfect.

The 36% haste is not that high but not even that slow, you'll still be able to cast a PoH in about 1.8 secs if you're near the haste cap, but still. 1 sec PoH was so cool..

The Mental Agility change made PvE disc a real no-brainer: PvE disc build

Funny to compare putting one point in MA to one point in Absolution now. Even if you really love Absolution there is no way that 2/3 Absolution + 1/3 MA won't beat the crap out of 3/3 Absolution. Or probably just 3/3 MA...

Thats probably what I will go with for my offspec, it looks good. Of course, that is for now, given the constant changes on the PTR to spells and talents, choosing new talent trees at the moment is a bit premature.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

If this was in disc tree, disc would probably become immortal healer. I'd like to see this talent removed. It does make holy somewhat desirable for pvp but disc still outweighs it.

The Mental Agility change made PvE disc a real no-brainer: PvE disc build
    Word.
    Very happy bout the changes to MA