Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: PTR Testing, Compiled Loot List, Blue Posts

Removing stances from the game
    I think there is a confusion here. Should be "Removing stances penalties from the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Taranta
    Possible to see the polearm Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned with druid stats (feral AP)?
    Should be something in the region of 2,487.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Changes to hunter mechanics in 3.0.x and 3.1
    What is interesting about these "my class is such a roller coaster" responses is they tend to only happen with classes that are powerful. With classes or specs that are considered underpowered, the community tends to beg for any kind of change at all and will happily relearn all their buttons just because they really want to play that character.

I'm not trying to dismiss the OP's sentiment, because it's a totally valid way to feel IMO. I'm just pointing out that it sometimes gets used as justification for why we shouldn't nerf a class.

"You're making me relearn my class."
    "It's not fun for me to play my class anymore."
    "This change went against the design you said you had for us."
    "This change goes against the class descriptions on the website."

Those are all valid points, but obviously we felt the change was necessary despite all of those points and they are rarely going to convince us to undo the changes. (Though we might try to address those concerns in other ways.)

I'll also throw out that the community tends to assume that 99% of the changes we make are for balance reasons. There are a lot of those, but we also make changes just because we don't like the way mechanics are working out. (Source)

Lack of talent points for pets
    That's fair feedback. On the other hand, one of the problems we had with 51 BM before was that hunters could scoop up all of the "useful" talents without their extra 4 points. If we give away more talents for free, we risk ending up back in that situation again. (Source)
    wtf? Give me more information ! More i want more ???
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

The QQ in the arena season thread is amusing. So many crying because the arena points that they cannot use anyway are going to be taken away.

Arena points are just like any other farmed item, once you have everything that you can purchase for them they become worthless. Asking for them to carry over to the next season is like asking for T8 badge gear to use the same emblems you get in naxx, or for the same armor tokens to be used to buy it.

Just like emblems and armor tokens are currency for the current tier of gear, arena points should be currency for the current season of PvP rewards.

I think I am going to reroll from my rogue to something else unless there are some other changes than "You now do 3 % more dmg since we buffed HfB". It's just not fun to play atm IMO.
    forumz addict :>

Deleted

As a dwarf Im satisfied that finaly they implemented guns in the game but idd where is all the bows and drossbows? It appears to me that its impossible to have guns along with bows and crossbows in same expansion.. So WotLK ir for gun users since vanilla was for bow users and TBC was for crossbow users..

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    I lolled so hard on this one !! But i was at work, and my boss just passed behind me...

MuTe

Quote Originally Posted by Teiksma
    As a dwarf Im satisfied that finaly they implemented guns in the game but idd where is all the bows and drossbows? It appears to me that its impossible to have guns along with bows and crossbows in same expansion.. So WotLK ir for gun users since vanilla was for bow users and TBC was for crossbow users..
    Your right (except TBC was bows, and vanilla was Xbox).

I have an idea. Instead of stuffing raids with good bows, xbows and guns. Why not use the Token system on ranged weapons? (in the shape of an arrow, with stats showing?)

Then ppl would roll/spend DKP on the Ranged Weapon token just like a Tiers, en deliver it at the local Pawnshop. (ofc ranged weapon Tokens are Hunters PRIO, and there should be a Tank PRIO on ranged weapons with tank stats)

Then ppl would just be able to pick a ranged weapon they desire with all the same stats for that token, and based on Racial benefits. There should be different tokens for the different stats in Ranged weapons, and yes there have to be more different models for all the extra weapons. But im sure Blizzard has no problem with reusing models, i know i dont as long as i can wield a bow with naxx 25 HC stats.

As a general reminder, all Arena points will be reset with the start of Arena Season 6
    Eh, what why?
    Not that i have any points.. but still.
    This was done at S5 because we leveled to 80... but i'm fairly sure this wasnt done in season 1.2.3.4...

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    I have an idea. Instead of stuffing raids with good bows, xbows and guns. Why not use the Token system on ranged weapons? (in the shape of an arrow, with stats showing?)
    That would be a great idea. I've also said the same thing about Idols, Totems, Sigils, and Librams. Just make it a Totem Token drop so any spec Shaman can pick it up and go get whatever totem they want. It's been 8 weeks and Totem of Hex has dropped once and the other ele shaman got it. Whereas we've seen the healing and enh totems quite a few times and they went to rot.

Also new Elemental Totem same as Totem of Hex? Or are stats subject to change.

I think I'm gonna change my main character from rogue to enhance shaman. Seriously, what is Blizzard thinking ? Are they getting rid of this class right now ?
    Then we will fight in the shade...

Saronite Shiv (Dagger - Phys. DPS)

Is this dagger supposed to have the same name as the current Saronite Shiv? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41184

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Deathknights have "stances" of a kind.
    Paladins have "stances" of a kind.
    Druids have forms..

I don't see the problem with warrior stances...
    the problem is the Debuff u recieve from switching to zerker or defensive stance..
    no other class has to debuff themselves for a minor buff..
    unless u count a DK switching out of blood to frost.. they loose the 15% damage increase from blood.. for 10% health, 80% armor and i believe 15% reduction from spell damage..

warrior get a measely 3% crit .. in exchange for 10% increase to damage recieved..
    that makes me feel like im wearing mail..
    and is total BS in my opinion..
    why should i have to debuff myself so severely to use half my skills?
    hunters dont recieve any kind of debuff from aspect of the dragonhawk..
    nor DKs for blood presence..
    nor ret pallies for ret aura..

imo.. keep the stances. remove the debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruteth
    the problem is the Debuff u recieve from switching to zerker or defensive stance..
    no other class has to debuff themselves for a minor buff..
    unless u count a DK switching out of blood to frost.. they loose the 15% damage increase from blood.. for 10% health, 80% armor and i believe 15% reduction from spell damage..

warrior get a measely 3% crit .. in exchange for 10% increase to damage recieved..
    that makes me feel like im wearing mail..
    and is total BS in my opinion..
    why should i have to debuff myself so severely to use half my skills?
    hunters dont recieve any kind of debuff from aspect of the dragonhawk..
    nor DKs for blood presence..
    nor ret pallies for ret aura..

imo.. keep the stances. remove the debuffs.
    Yea, and you don't do -50% damage in one of your stances. That's why AotD has no penalty.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.