Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fragment drops so far

So far, on the PTR, do Fragments drop off of both the 10-man and 25-man bosses? I've noticed that the drop rate seems to be higher for 25-man hard mode. I was just looking for clarification, thus far, as it pertains to the PTR.

Thanks

Re: Fragment drops so far

Only drops of 25 man hard mode boss fights. Don know the % though.

Above poster is incorrect.

More than several fragments have dropped off of normal-mode bosses. Hard-mode may have a higher drop rate (far too few sources to judge so far), but if the PTR is any indicator fragments are not hard-mode only.

Ok, I don't care how elitist this may sound but if the above poster is correct, that is complete BS. If shards are going to drop off of 10 man they need to only be dropped off of hard mode's. The only way that they should drop off of 10man is it is over-tuned so that it is pretty close to unpuggable. There is no way pug's should be able to get these shards unless they are on heroic mode(25 man). This is a legendary item, not an epic, and should not be given out like candy at a carnival, other wise there is no point in having level distinction between greys, whites, greens, blues, purples, and oranges. If everyone is meant to be walking around with a legendary item why not make it an epic?

another way of doing this would be to have 10man shards and 25man shards with the 10man legendary having slightly less stats than the 25man version.

It is absolutely amazing how much people will complain about something because it's orange instead of purple.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower128
    another way of doing this would be to have 10man shards and 25man shards with the 10man legendary having slightly less stats than the 25man version.
    Yes let's give casuals a legendary that is slightly less as important as the real thing. That makes perfect sense. That's like blizzard giving every casual tier pieces that come close to the highest in the game, oh wait they already did!

-_-

Well i think blizzards intention was to give everyone access to content by introducing the 10-mans. unfortunately they also under-tuned naxx25 and allowed people to see that content and gear as well. I hope that ulduar will actually have a divide between 10 and 25 mans allowing the more casual (not bad) players to see the content in 10 mans while still allowing the hardcore raiders there area to 'call their own'.

Well i think blizzards intention was to give everyone access to content by introducing the 10-mans. unfortunately they also under-tuned naxx25 and allowed people to see that content and gear as well. I hope that ulduar will actually have a divide between 10 and 25 mans allowing the more casual (not bad) players to see the content in 10 mans while still allowing the hardcore raiders there area to 'call their own'.
    Wow, you're slow. 10 man ulduar will be harder than 25, just like Naxx & Sarth 3 drakes. 25 man has more people, it's not harder, in most cases its easier.

If anything, 10 man is the "hardcore" part of the game, it's just too bad the best gear comes from puggable 25s (and yes, normal mode 25 ulduar will be puggable).

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti
    Wow, you're slow. 10 man ulduar will be harder than 25, just like Naxx & Sarth 3 drakes. 25 man has more people, it's not harder, in most cases its easier.

If anything, 10 man is the "hardcore" part of the game, it's just too bad the best gear comes from puggable 25s (and yes, normal mode 25 ulduar will be puggable).
    reread it he didnt say 25 mans were harder he says he WANTS them to be harder. While I know your asshattery is on full battle stations reading comprehension should not be neglected. I would love for 25 mans to be much harder than 10 mans kara vs bt for instance (before the hp change)

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    reread it he didnt say 25 mans were harder he says he WANTS them to be harder. While I know your asshattery is on full battle stations reading comprehension should not be neglected. I would love for 25 mans to be much harder than 10 mans kara vs bt for instance (before the hp change)
    Nah, what he's implying is that by it's very nature 25m raiding is "hardcore" while 10m raiding is "casual", which is just so wrong I have to assume he hasn't actually done something like Sarth 10 3D.

Naxx-10 is no way harder than Naxx-25. The only encounter that is harder on 10 than 25 is Sarth+3 and MAYBE Maly.

Even if Ulduar is puggable(I'm seeing the siege vehicle fight as a huge retard check to keep pugs out) the simple fact of the matter is the people that pug it will never get the fancy looking Mace. They'll have a few orange shards but the nature of this item, much like the legendary items from vanilla, demands that an entire guild builds up a weapon for 1 person. Do you really think that people in a pug will pass on an orange item because someone else has 20 pieces? Everyone who pugs and can use a mace will have 1 or 2 pieces, but by the time they can get up to 40 pieces the item will be pointless.
    Doom Lord Kazzak for President.

Butch that is actually a very good point, that I hadn't considered. If someone goes around consistently ninja-ing them, i'm sure they wont be leading/master looting for long enough to get the full item.

Deleted

lol let them try and pug it, if they do. fair enough, but every user will roll on the shard lol and it will just end up with every pug out there with 1 shard. maybe MAYBE a few pug guys will get it eventually but it will take a freaking long time lol

Personally I'd like to see the shards drop off the 10man version as well. People are arguing that it will reward "casuals" too much. Seriously? Ever tried doing 10man stuff with 10man gear? I totally agree all content (except 10man sarth3d) is too easy atm, but everyone arguing the normal instances are sooo much easier than the heroic versions have... guess what.. heroic gear. If you have done 10man Sarth3D I congratulate you... now do it the way 10man guilds have to do it:

By first of all not stack classes that are OP or optimal for the encounter (we for example don't have a DK for sartharion). And then you dress down to match the 10man gear they have, at the very best you will kill tenebron right before vesperon lands, and then you have the adds to deal with. The healing required is intense. People die because me (disc priest) and my resto druid friend don't have enough GCDs. Some peole have done it with 3 healers, again, not an option in a 10man guild.

I'm just trying to show that people need to take into consideration that 10man guilds don't have what comes naturally to the 25man guilds. Such as stack classes(buffs), use optimal tank for different encounters, and the gear difference is alot bigger than people think. Having shards only drop from hard modes so that it won't be puggable. Well, yeah, ok, fair enough. But this will only benefit the 25man guilds even more because they get to do first 25man, then 10man and get twice the amount of shards the normal guilds do. And if blizz tune the hard modes in Ulduar along with the sartharion/malygos "hard mode achievments" 25man gear WILL be required to do them.

As it is now, and often has been, is that if a dps dies in a 25 you don't get punished as hard as when doing the 10man version. Let's say 7 healers 3 tanks (now I'm being nice) for a 25man run, meaning 15dpsers. One dies = 6,7% dps loss (yes, lets say they all did the same damage). And most likely yo have someone else to supply the same buffs/auras as the one that died.

Lets do the same thing on a 10man run: 3 healer 2 tanks means 5 dps. One dies = 20% dps loss, and we most likelt miss out on an aura, be it crit/hit or pure damage done. We loose alot more than 20%.

Sorry for the very unspecific post. But I want to point out

1. 10man isnt casual
    2. 10man isnt easier than 25man
    3. In my opinion shards should drop in 10man too

You've got two conflicting ideas there.

1) 10 man content isn't casual!

2) But apparently you want it to be casual, since you consider bringing 3 healers or a DPS not dying to be way beyond the casual purview of a 10 man guild

I like 10m raids being hardcore, thank you very much, I hope they continue to encourage cutting edge stuff like 10 3D, I just wish the rewards were more enticing.

(and yes, normal mode 25 ulduar will be puggable).
    perhaps 6-8 months after it comes out. But not any sooner then that. I promise you, a pug wont get more the half-way, unless the pug is made up of all people who have already cleared it.

As WotLK continues, they will implement more and more fights, where if 1 person screws up, its a wipe. that inevitably makes 25 mans harder, cuz it requires 25 smart people, versus just 10.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

As WotLK continues, they will implement more and more fights, where if 1 person screws up, its a wipe. that inevitably makes 25 mans harder, cuz it requires 25 smart people, versus just 10.
    So if one person screws up in 10 man version its no a wipe in those hardcore fights you are mentioning? Its like that poster said you loose much more if someone screws up in a 10 man then in a 25 no mather the case.

RWeber

This is a legendary item, not an epic, and should not be given out like candy at a carnival, other wise there is no point in having level distinction between greys, whites, greens, blues, purples, and oranges. If everyone is meant to be walking around with a legendary item why not make it an epic?
    I wish Blizzard would introduce bright pink artifact items just to spite people who care way too much about the color of the gear they're wearing.