For you Raid Spec'd Rets

TY WOW...TYVM...Went to the new talent calulator and spec'd for raiding..Hmm..5/55...WTH is one to do with the other 11 points.. C'mon Wow, this is sad..No other clas has this many points, that are basically worthless to them for raiding..

Re: For you Raid Spec'd Rets

you take prot talents so your tank dont have to take them

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    you take prot talents so your tank dont have to take them
    Like?

except kings is going to be baseline

Every ret paladin does have kings. That's why we have 11 talent points left over instead of just the 6 they are removing from the ret tree. Kings is a talent no longer.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Divine Sacrifice =D think about it...... Bubble and then DS this takes 30% of radi dmg and tf's it to you. You are immune =P When will your tank do that? its Designed for Ret
    This

if you are talking about the current ptr talents then you are an idiot, they aren't even close to finishing the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    if you are talking about the current ptr talents then you are an idiot, they aren't even close to finishing the tree
    To the one that lacks intelligence via resorting to name calling..There has been no mention of any said new talents period added to the trees short of the new talent calculator and u dare to call someone an idiot?..LOL.

Not for another month...
    That statement would apply if the OP wasn't talking about the new talents, but he is.

15+ Year Old Account

jesus fucking christ it seems clear that more changes are incoming.

stop the retard topics

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    jesus fucking christ it seems clear that more changes are incoming.
    QFT. Never did I expect to quote you for the truth especially after our last encounter. But I will give credit where credit is due.

WAIT UNTIL PATCH NOTES ARE FINAL TO QQ!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    QFT. Never did I expect to quote you for the truth especially after our last encounter. But I will give credit where credit is due.

WAIT UNTIL PATCH NOTES ARE FINAL TO QQ!
    been thinking about it and we had a misunderstanding the other time. i was talking gearwise, not buffs. might explain why we didnt understand each other

Haha I think we are still at a misunderstanding, or maybe I am misunderstanding our misunderstanding. "=P

What I was saying is that when weighing gear one needs to take into consideration all aspects.

A BP that has-

Str
    Crit
    Haste

Actually has

Str (Which turns to AP)
    Crit
    Haste
    SP ( which comes from AP)

Assuming you have Sheath of light, and while theory crafting it should be considered because SP is a beneficial to some of our spells. To ignore the SP aspect of it is ignorant and pretending a stat is not actually there when it is, and even though it might offer just a little damage boost, it is a damage boost none the less.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    Haha I think we are still at a misunderstanding, or maybe I am misunderstanding our misunderstanding. "=P

What I was saying is that when weighing gear one needs to take into consideration all aspects.

A BP that has-

Str
    Crit
    Haste

Actually has

Str (Which turns to AP)
    Crit
    Haste
    SP ( which comes from AP)

Assuming you have Sheath of light, and while theory crafting it should be considered because SP is a beneficial to some of our spells. To ignore the SP aspect of it is ignorant and pretending a stat is not actually there when it is, and even though it might offer just a little damage boost, it is a damage boost none the less.
    im not gonna argue with you again so dont even try it

lets just say that we have a different kind of look on theorycrafting

The arguement that you dont consider spell power a stat, since it all comes from SoL?

Except that, it doesnt...Flametounge totem, fish feast etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    im not gonna argue with you again so dont even try it

lets just say that we have a different kind of look on theorycrafting
    I just do not get why you would not consider it... you have yet to give me a reasonable response to that.

You have all the reason to count it in.

1) When talented ( And if not talented you are an idiot), it is a passive stat that lies on the item.

2) It contributes to damage done on certain spells.

3) It can make or break an item.

If you do not have a good reason for not including it, then please, do not proceed and theory craft anymore, since your numbers and answers will not be an honest, and accurate representation of what item may benefit you the most. However if you do have a good response, then I will be more then glad to admit i was wrong and take back all the mean things I said.

Retribution changes
    One of the changes we are trying to do with Ret is to get them into the other trees a little more. This is definitely one of those specs where players would go 0/0/71 if we let them. I would not assume that trees with few talents are unfinished. The Prot warrior lost a lot of talents in LK, but it was a good change for them. Overall, our trees are probably too thick for lots of classes which makes it hard to spend many points in a second tree.

We do want to bring Ret's damage up a little, and we would like to get more talents in the other trees that they actually want to take. (Source)

dont assume we will get new talents

To the two talking about factoring in spell power to your theorycrafting. Though it should be considered, it should be considered one with attack power. Obviously it's % based FROM attack power. It's clear that you'd gain more spell power the more AP you have. You shouldn't ignore that it's there but why add yet one more variable to the equation when it's clear if an item has more AP it clearly has more spell power?