Thread: Tier tokens

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tier tokens

17 weeks of killing kel and we got 4, thats FOUR, TOTAL, war/hun/sham head tokens. Sorry its time do do away with class based token drops. I do understand they want random loot drops and a way to stop loot whoring but that's just beyond the pail. The solution that seems to be easy is make the tokens work for all classes.

17x2 = 34, 4/34 x 100 = 11.7% - not helped by the fact we run 3 sham, 3 war and one or two hunters. Make the drops at least reflect the raid makeup somehow. Needless to say none of those classes have offset while every other class is working on their third. Sorry but "random" doesn't work for tokens.

My guild has seen 1 vanquisher leg drop, 1 vanquisher helm drop, and 1 vanquisher shoulder drop in nearly 2 months of grinding Naxx.

As others have said, random loot is random, and changing the classes on the tier tokens isn't going to fix the problem. Someone is still going to get screwed out of their tier gear due to shitty drop rates. My guild is now vending conqueror drops for the guild bank because everyone already has all their tier sets.

A 10% drop rate difference doesn't equate to 200% more drops...so clearly your guild just has shitty luck. They may re-arrange classes in ulduar...but that won't guarantee your guild doesn't get more shitty luck.

We have hardly seen any protector drops in my guild, the majority is vanquisher. Seems to be a ratio of 5:3:1 with vanquisher, conqueror, and protector. We run with a heavy amount of conqueror users too, numerous priests, pallies, and some warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hirork
    Blue confirmed that the token with the 4 classes has a 40% drop chance, so it's not entirely random.
    Your logic amuses me. If I rolled a 10 sided dice 4 sides are exactly the same, your logic states its not random which side it will land on and yet rolling a dice is always random.

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    Of 6 full clear naxx25 we got this:

36x Vanquisher
    17x Conqueror
    5x Protector

(Dont bother about 2missing tokens, we didnt killed KT on a reset because we had to stop) I can link to my guild dkp site if you dont believe the stats.

Do you agree its something wrong on drop rate on other tokens than vanquishers? We even raidroll on those vanq tokens for vendor gold while some of us havent got a single prot token drop.

I also have another question: Do we get different classes on tier8 tokens?
    Dont know why, but something tells me you never raided in vanilla wow if you whine about the tokens droprate. Deal with it, random loot is random.

Quote Originally Posted by nerthus
    There's a reason they don't have hunter, mage, warlock sharing a token anymore, there's a reason why they made tokens the way they are.

Vanquisher - Feral Druid, Resto Druid, Balance Druid, Mage, Rogue, Tank Death Knight, DPS Death Knight
    Conqueror - Prot Paladin, Holy Paladin, Ret Paladin, Warlock, Holy Priest, Shadow Priest, Warlock
    Protector - DPS Warrior, Prot Warrior, Hunter, Enhance Shaman, Resto Shaman, Elemental Shaman

That makes it 7 different sets for Vanquisher, 7 for Conqueror and 6 for Protector, which is pretty even yes? I remember doing Karazhan and all the crap hunter, mage, warlock tokens dropping, and noone being able to loot it because ohwait they have no offspec.
    Using your logic, which I agree on than

I could see

Prediction:
    T8 - Defeated Conqueror - Mage, Paladin, Warlock, Hunter (6)
    T8 - Defeated Protector - Warrior, Rogue, Druid (6)
    T8 - Defeated Vanquisher - Shaman, Priest, Death Knight (7)