Yet again AGI vs STR

So here I am, I just finished purchasing a nobles deck last week. Like an addict I am itching to turn it in and get my greatness trinket. Then I come across quite the conundrum, should I pick Agi or Str. I know as is Str is valued higher for kitty dps and I as kitty want more dps, But there are many factors that make the agi slightly more appealing. All of the of course are for the next patch, aka critting bleeds, change to savage roar, and duel spec. And now they are talking about how agi might be even better then str on the next patch for dps, over at Tossk's, So I ask for the advice of my fellow feral community, AGI or STR?

Re: Yet again AGI vs STR

do you want to spend another 12k gold for another greatness card just bcs strenght seemed fine at the time?

get ago, its good now and will be super-awesome with 3.1, and that is not too far away. :P

good day

Yes, atm str is better for flat out dps. Not to say that agi is very far behind tho. Crit is still required to make use of the str, aside from bleeds, and to build combos faster. As of the next patch agi will outshadow str due to bleeds critting and the savage roar change buffing physical damage rather than ap. Not to mention if you have a tanking set as well the 90 agi is amazing, while the 90 str less than impressive. Imo you'd be silly to take the str greatness card at this point in time.

15+ Year Old Account

It's 90str versus 90agi, since the proc will affect agility anyway. So it's around a 110AP difference, versus 2% crit, roughly.

The most straight answer to your question is: get the agility one. Becausde if you EVER want to tank, that's a great trinket, and the Str one is useless :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

So I got the AGI one and man is it sexy, it is definitely quite the upgrade over my other trinket... chu-chu's toybox. I tested it out a for a few minutes on the dummies in stormwind and seems to proc quite nicely, I do not regret the AGI choice at all.

Semi hijacking the topic with a quick question of mine.

Last I checked on the main page, the Ulduar loot has not been fully updated so we don't know everything that'll drop in there. Since I have been done gemming and enchanting my gear, only spending a few hundred gold when I get an upgrade, my money has been going up and I'm starting to consider getting the Deck of Nobles too.

I'm wondering, however, if the Ulduar loot could possibly make Greatness somewhat obsolete. I can't imagine there being 2 new trinkets that would outperform it, but I'd like to know what you guys think. Any opinion and insight is welcome.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31858 continued to be one of the best tanking trinkets into Black Temple. However, other trinkets started popping up and offering mitigation instead of stam + AOE threat (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32501.

With this hindsight I'd say that Nobles will continue to be among the best DPS/Tank trinkets by the end of Ulduar, but you should expect the price to drop shortly after Ulduar opens as there will be other options (besides just http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40257 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683)

15+ Year Old Account

Depends.

DPS-wise, we could probably meet trinkets that offset Greatness, without taking hard-modes to find them.

Tank-wise, I doubt you can go that much better tbh. Even if you get one, it's still one alone. Considering how Crit is important for Bears in 3.1, I'd be very, VERY careful before dropping a 190agi trinket (which is the average value, give a 30% uptime as it is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Yeah, I should've mentioned this was with tanking in mind. So this confirms what I thought, I'll try to get a Ulduar trinket in one slot and Greatness in the other.

And it's true the price might be dropping in 3.1, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks guys.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    It's 90str versus 90agi, since the proc will affect agility anyway. So it's around a 110AP difference, versus 2% crit, roughly.
    didnt u mean 210AP ?

anyway i would go for the agi one i got myzelf atm and its verry nice
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    didnt u mean 210AP ?

anyway i would go for the agi one i got myzelf atm and its verry nice
    110 ap DIFFERENCE.