10 man Ulduar, 2 healers

From what you've seen is it possible? Specifically, can a 25 man geared resto druid and shaman two heal Ulduar from what people have seen so far?

Troll disclaimer (because there seem to be a lot of them): yes i know its only up on PTR, that's why i want to know from people on the PTR. Yes i realize only a small fraction of the instance has been tested and that everything can change. i know blue posts have said it will need 2-3 (more 3) healers for a full clear. Have any groups thus far gone with only 2 or did you have to have people respect or swap.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Re: 10 man Ulduar, 2 healers

Quote Originally Posted by spinebreakerdruid
    From what you've seen is it possible? Specifically, can a 25 man geared resto druid and shaman two heal Ulduar from what people have seen so far?

Troll disclaimer (because there seem to be a lot of them): yes i know its only up on PTR, that's why i want to know from people on the PTR. Yes i realize only a small fraction of the instance has been tested and that everything can change. i know blue posts have said it will need 2-3 (more 3) healers for a full clear. Have any groups thus far gone with only 2 or did you have to have people respect or swap.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Well AS karazhan was 2 healerable... naxx10 is EASY 2 healerable... my guess is (AND YES IVE PLAYED PTR.. stopped after a few bosses because its just tooo fucking easyyy....) ulduar will be easy with 2 healers...

Speaking only for myself and my guild on the PTR we never tried it with 2 healers, with the PTR encounters being brand new and the goal being learning new fights we took 3min usually 4 healers in there to help prolong fights, if you run in and your tank gets gibbed 30s into the pull you really have not learned much about the fight. As far as speculation goes I think just like current 10mans it will be doable with 2 healers but that is a wild guess based on an early instances from Lich King. I think you are going to have to wait on some more testing or until it goes live to determine if 2 healers is enough, I suspect with dual specs there will be a couple of fights that might require 3+ but it is anyone's guess at this point.

It could be possible to two-heal the majority of the instance, but it will not be possible to two-heal Kologarn for certain. Not only is it a fight that is very healing intensive Kologarn often grabs a member of the raid stunning them and doing serious damage to them until the DPS breaks them out. If you are trying to two-heal Kologarn all it takes is having Kolo grab one of your healers and you will wipe.

The other fights? Maybe. It's too early to say for them.

If you have good off-healers it should be easily doable.
    Even more if consider that Ulduar10 is balanced to be cleared with peoples in Naxx10 gears.
    But i think that like in Naxx some fights will be harder then others for 2 healers due to the boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by facer
    Well AS karazhan was 2 healerable... naxx10 is EASY 2 healerable... my guess is (AND YES IVE PLAYED PTR.. stopped after a few bosses because its just tooo fucking easyyy....) ulduar will be easy with 2 healers...
    You could heal kara with 1 healer.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

While I think it will be doable with ulduar gear, i do not believe it is possible for the above reasons some have allready stated. Just to give an example, we did razorscale on the PTR the other night and we had 3 healers, people were dying. I was constantly using every GCD i could spare but tanks/dps still were dying. We were probably doing it wrong, but my point is, until everyone has ulduar gear and know all the encounters (to not take unnecesary damage) it will be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    You could heal kara with 1 healer.
    ^Off-topic: I solo tanked all of Kara with one Healer pre-wotlk nerfs with T5/T6 gear. We made it a weekly run just to do something different and stack up on badges to purchase gems etc.

As for 2-healing Ulduar, I have to agree after seeing some of these encounters. Some will be able to be done with 2-healers (that know their job) and a few encounters that are currently availble will require at least 3 healers. Who know's what the other bosses will bring.

thanks for the input, the kologarn comment was a perfect example for what i was looking for

Personally I think the bottom line is how good are your healers and DPSers. Sure, 2 Healers is absolutely doable providing you don't have silly DPSers/Tanks "standing in the fire" as such, but if they are silly then you should probably go with 3. Either way, I'm sticking with 2 Healers. Maybe 3 on some of the future "demanding" fights.