Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: When a Moonkin runs out of mana he...

Quote Originally Posted by Json_81
    It's not possible to go OOM as enhance unless you stand and heal.
    oh yes it is lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shabada
    When I'm single target DPSing, I never run OOM and like I said, it's Typhoon+Hurricane that eat up all my mana when there's AoE and there's not much I can do to get it back.

I guess I'll just see when our pally switches to ret if my mana problems go away.
    Do you have omen of clarity? If not that's why you are going oom on aoe. If you do have it make sure it procs before you cast a mana intensive spell like hurricane. I'll usually throw a wrath or two while tab targeting mobs in an aoe pack before hurricane just to proc clearcasting. This also has the added benefit of putting earth and moon on the various targets upping the damage from my hurricanes. If you are having trouble monitoring clearcasting procs and other moonkin procs I suggest a mod like Squak and Awe or PowerAura's to help keep track.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Do you have omen of clarity? If not that's why you are going oom on aoe. If you do have it make sure it procs before you cast a mana intensive spell like hurricane. I'll usually throw a wrath or two while tab targeting mobs in an aoe pack before hurricane just to proc clearcasting. This also has the added benefit of putting earth and moon on the various targets upping the damage from my hurricanes. If you are having trouble monitoring clearcasting procs and other moonkin procs I suggest a mod like Squak and Awe or PowerAura's to help keep track.

This is all nice but i mean when was the last time that you went oom on trash and couldn't drink?

when this moonkin runs out of mana, he pop his Darkmoon Deck: Illusion, drank a Nightmare pot

then proceed to fine someone to innervate
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by feadz

This is all nice but i mean when was the last time that you went oom on trash and couldn't drink?
    Last time was probably in a 10 man without replenishment. Lots I could have done to prevent that, but usually OOC procs get me covered. Usually only some really bad luck with the OOC proc will cause me to go oom on AoE. But I never suggested you drink during AoE pulls. Only gave suggestions and asked questions. I'm guessing you don't have omen of clarity though.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laihendi
    Try playing an enhancement shaman. I use water shield, mana spring totem, and keep shamanistic rage on cooldown and I still go OOM on 25 man bosses.

Actually I don't need to use any of those anymore it seems but I still drop mana spring for the casters
    You go oom on 25 mans O.o

Anyways:

Moonkin form: Shapeshift into Moonkin Form. While in this form the armor contribution from items is increased by 370% and all party and raid members within 45 yards have their spell critical chance increased by 5%. Single target spell critical strikes in this form have a chance to instantly regenerate 2% of your total mana.

/cry no mana back from melee hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

when a druid runs out of mana he .... QQ's

How about you use your mana regen move on yourself and not on others ?
    Thats like saying pallys need a second lay on hands because they use the first one on the tank and need one for themselfs too

15+ Year Old Account

Stop using a Hurricane, Hurricane, Hurricane, Hurricane rotation and you should be good on mana.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyway, I guess I'll just ask pallies to JoW bosses when I run OOM and when I start hitting the boss. : /
    Remember that in 3.1 JoW affects spells as well as melee

The point here is, it seems most classes have a lot more tools to get their mana back than moonkins.

Dont innervate other class then. Last time i did naxx sarth, a priest wanted my resto druids Innervate i said "Suck it."

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Are you serious? I never run out of mana.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

The point here is, it seems most classes have a lot more tools to get their mana back than moonkins.

Yeah well druids can be tanks melee dps ranged dps and healers so i think all druids in the world should stfu and be fucking happy i have 8 characters around lvl 80 and i could delete them all and lvl a druid and still go to the same raids as i did on the rest of my C´s

once again STFU DRUIDS i dont care about you MP5 issues or you not doing as much dmg as a mage.. YOUR NOT A FooKING MAGE

Fook i fooking hate the fooking druid playerfooking base

did i swear.. Woops

I still don't understand why this thread is relevant ... who on earth can honestly say that they have mana issues? Unless your not geared (which, in that case, you can blame it on the gear/spec). I RARELY run oom. You are either noob enough to stack too much haste and no crit (recieving close to no mana kickbacks), have no shamans, paladins, or any other classes that contain mana regen buffs, or you are moonfire spamming the boss. I mean come on ... do you really think Blizzard is going to give you a mana utility? We have innervate for christ sakes, the intention is to be used on yourself. If your raid continues to ask for your innervate, tell them to suck less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    Yeah well druids can be tanks melee dps ranged dps and healers so i think all druids in the world should stfu and be fucking happy i have 8 characters around lvl 80 and i could delete them all and lvl a druid and still go to the same raids as i did on the rest of my C´s

once again STFU DRUIDS i dont care about you MP5 issues or you not doing as much dmg as a mage.. YOUR NOT A FooKING MAGE

Fook i fooking hate the fooking druid playerfooking base

did i swear.. Woops
    Someone's mad he didn't choose the right class.

And as I said, I barely ever run out of mana. I can easily stay over 50% mana on single-target DPS. I guess I'll just get starfall to AoE down adds instead of using Hurricane and continue to single target the boss... <.< Because we all know how awesome starfall is.

I don't get how your even running OOM on AoE pulls though...

Unless your not sitting and drinking every once in a while, or your group runs like there is an achievement for fastest raid time ... you shouldn't go OOM even on AoE pulls.

I have 642 Haste and my Hurricanes go off so damn fast. Are you not targetting a mob while you use it? I mean I just don't see how boomkins can complain about mana period. Getting Starfall would, as your sarcasm suggested, be retarded. I will say this, you mentioned using Typhoon ... don't. Drop the utility and get some mana regen points back or something. That spell will get you on the bad-list from your raid leader and isn't even that great of an AoE increase. Not to mention, you don't have to be the hero on your trash pulls. Quit looking at the DPS meter and stopping your hurricanes 2s before they channel off just to make sure your Damage is seemless. Bring pots, bring drinks, use your innervate on yourself, target a mob while hurrican'ing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I've decided we are just getting trolled. Any reasonable suggestions or questions we have for the OP just get ignored.

15+ Year Old Account

Every naxx run I do, whether I'm running a pug or with my guild we "chain pull". Which means we only stop pulling before a boss to mana up. Time is money, and 14 bosses takes up enough time already. Who wants to sit around and watch your digital character drinking water when you could be drinking a cold one yourself? Mana is an issue for everyone when you chain pull, even with replenishment, using your head is key. Using skills such as OoC at the right time/getting lucky is what separates those who can take out the trash, and those who are trash.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

Hmmm... might be worth mentioning. If we are in a hurry or if i know fight will have mana issues i spec/gear a bit differently for the task.

I think it would be retard design if we, or any other class in that matter, would be able to just full out nuke trough all bosses with out any mana issues. Ofc it should be about playing it right, playing it smart and getting together a raid with right set up and buffs. If one doesnt have the enviroment (gear/spec/buffs) to go full out it means the player has to be the one to make smart desicions to perform to the best of his/her abilities. Atm (if i have understood it right) not all mana users have issues... imho its not the way to go, and blizz blue posts about bringing mana back to fights seems to indicate so too.

Our current situation with mana gain mechanics has left a weird situation wher one can go all out and end the fight with 70% mana or on the other hand go Oom really fast if the proper support is not there... It seems that people think that the best enviroment should be the norm... i like to think that as the optimum one... norm being sowhere under it. I, for example, spec for mana regen to last trough the worst situations. Altris, for example, seems to lean toward the better dmg and rely on his/her guild to get a replenisment on every single raid. His/her dmg is brobably (all other things being equal) better than mine. Thats diversity. Thats being able to choose your play style and adjust to who you play with. I dont value one above the other.

One thing i have to say, balance druids have innervate, Intensity (getting better in 3.1), moonglow, dreamstate and ofc Pots. Douring a Lunar eclipse deasently geared Balance druid is close to mana neutral (getting as much in as consuming). We can glyph Innervate to give more, and some if given to another player. Some of these mechanics are ofc trade offs with dmg talents/glyphs. In my opinion Balance druid knowing the coming fight and who he/she is going with shouldnt go oom. If you cant keep up with the top notch dps by some of our better geared and grouped brethern, you have to adjust and do the best YOU can.

My 2.. maybe 3 cents.. i just cant keep it short.

Oh, on my earlyer post i was being sarcastic about hitting the mob for mana

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

This is a stupid QQ thread. The reason it is, is because boomkins have more than enough mana regen talents, we just don't spec into them, because with very very few exceptions we don't need to.

We have innervate, intensity, OOC, Dreamstate, and that 2nd teir one (moonglow or whatever it's called).

Add that if you need your innervate during a fight, then it's probably your own fault. Plus, and especially right now, if your priests are running out of mana, then they probably suck the way content is right now.

The only times I've ever had any issue is doing a naxx10 run with 8 people and no replenishment at all. And sarth3d10, just because there's lots of AoE.