Thread: Leveling

Leveling

I assume that the fastest way to level a druid is to go feral till you hit 80 and then spec however you want, but how long would you say it takes to level a druid 1-80, real life time like could i do it in a months time if i played a lot or would it have to be more than that even?

Re: Leveling

Nobody can give you an answer to this.
    "could i do it in a months time if i played a lot"

Your definition of 'a lot' may vary quite a bit from mine for instance. It also depends on how focused you are on that char, how focused you are on maximising exp / hour, etc. There are just way too many factors to give you an answer.

The best sort of indication you can get is to go by /played time and then you can work it out from there. Personally I think it would take about 8 days /played time if you wanted to level from 1-80 at a decent sort of levelling rate. I have no doubt it could be done faster than that, but personally I find that focusing on nothing but maximising exp / hour actually reduces the fun for me, so I'd rather not.

As for whether you can do that within a month if you play a lot, well, that depends whether your definition of 'a lot' is 6-8 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

I guess im just trying to get a very rough time table. I would like to get a druid up to 80 ive always wanted one but never had the determination to level another toon to 80. I realize you cant give me an exact amount of time i guess its a more general question of those of you who have leveled druids A) is it as fast as they say it is and B) is it fun once you get to 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutesquad
    I guess im just trying to get a very rough time table. I would like to get a druid up to 80 ive always wanted one but never had the determination to level another toon to 80. I realize you cant give me an exact amount of time i guess its a more general question of those of you who have leveled druids A) is it as fast as they say it is and B) is it fun once you get to 80?
    Thats another question nearly impossible to answer. It all depends on what you want to do when you are at 80. If you want to heal for example, what kind of healing are you most interested in? (single target/raid/hybrid of both) we cant answer "Is it fun" cause what might be fun for some will be dreadful to others.

Well when i hit 80 i plan on healing for pvp, mostly for arena in 2's and 3's and on the side do some bg's, ive never played a healing class ive always done dps and be the one who kills everything not the one who heals so idk im trying to branch out and see if there is anything else i would like, i guess the best way to do it would be to just do it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutesquad
    i guess the best way to do it would be to just do it and see what happens.
    Yup, it's even harder for us to tell you whether you'll enjoy it or not so you can only try and it and find out for yourself. Maybe try borrowing a friend's account if he's got an 80 druid? Pay him for respecs and whatever else and just see what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Using QuestHelper, you should be able to level up a feral druid in roughly 7 or 8 days played (ballpark). This only works, however, with no battlegrounds (except AV at 50-53) and no loot farming. I'd say 180 hours, or 6.5 hours a day for 4 weeks. This will change a lot based on whether or not you're full rested for every kill (I imagine it would go down to about 5 days played with full rested).

These are numbers I pulled out of my @$$ but they should be close.

Well thank you guys/girls for all the answers its helped, even with such a vague question lol. Ill make my final decision at a later date when i can get on a cpu that doesnt lag like hell. Maybe ill ask my cousin if i can try out his druid, hes got a level 80 thx Degrador for the idea, ill give it a shot.

i leveled a warrior and warlock before my druid. and i found leveling the druid as moonkin was the most painless and quick out of the three (after lvl 30 that is).

i leveled as feral till lvl 45, switched to moonkin and never looked back.

feral vs balance. people swear up and down that feral is faster, but i refuse to beleive that the difference between the two is enough to discourage somebody to level as moonkin. I beat all of the ferals in my guild to 80 in wrath as balance and a few levels of resto.

in short, spec how you want.