Poll: What's the best spec to level a Warlock?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Leveling Warlock...

So?

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Re: Leveling Warlock...

I was Affliction from 10 to 70 and then SL/FG from 71 to 80, and I can safely say that it was the best thing to do.
    Planning is for amateurs.

Affliction is the best because of the insane drain life and haunt; I ate a piece of food once every 20 levels. Demonology is pretty good too actually if you can get your felguard to tank since health funnel is ridiculously overpowered. Obviously, Destro is TERRIBLE for leveling as it soaks up mana like a sponge.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilite
    Affliction is the best because of the insane drain life and haunt; I ate a piece of food once every 20 levels. Demonology is pretty good too actually if you can get your felguard to tank since health funnel is ridiculously overpowered. Obviously, Destro is TERRIBLE for leveling as it soaks up mana like a sponge.
    Yep, listen to him/her.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Affliction is the best.
    I'm still affli after lvl 70 for leveling.

Here's the tactic:

1)Dot everything in the area up (including haunt when you get it, also cast it every time it is available)
    2) Drain life/mana/soul depending what you need every time.
    3) Stand in a place and /laugh
    4) Watch everything die while your HP and your mana are full
    5) Laugh at that nearby rogue who is still fighting one mob
    6) Profit
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I leveled as destro and it was way faster than demo.
    The thing about destro is that you basically kill any mob that is +3 lvl high er than you in 2-3 hits...
    so you dont take any dmg, and kill fast versus letting yoru demon tank.
    versus affliciton: mm yea since EVERYBODY in here is affliction I won't bother and write some reasons

mana.. i guess but I dont think there is a class in wow that can lvl without having to drink mana every few..

after 3.1 since destro will give replenishment will it be worth lvling as destro?

affliction used to be the choice for first levels since it was giving instant corruption, siphon life and drain with less interrupts. I guess if i was leveling another warlock i would still goaffliction till level 50 . Then specc lolguard and when it is possible at level 71 or something combine siphon life /felguard.

Quote Originally Posted by failoth
    after 3.1 since destro will give replenishment will it be worth lvling as destro?
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by failoth
    Replenishment will not give you much mp5 since you're not stacking int, and probably are not going to have a lot of int on your gear as you level. Affl is still better for leveling.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    I leveled as destro and it was way faster than demo.
    The thing about destro is that you basically kill any mob that is +3 lvl high er than you in 2-3 hits...
    so you dont take any dmg, and kill fast versus letting yoru demon tank.
    versus affliciton: mm yea since EVERYBODY in here is affliction I won't bother and write some reasons

mana.. i guess but I dont think there is a class in wow that can lvl without having to drink mana every few..
    Hm lets see: Affli and Demo Lock, Retpala, BM Hunter, Shadow Priest, Feral Druid, Enhancer Shaman and Rogue/Warrior/DKs as no-brainers.... quite a few, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    I was Affliction from 10 to 70 and then SL/FG from 71 to 80, and I can safely say that it was the best thing to do.
    this

I was silly enough to level destro so listen to these people and level aff from 1-70.

71-80 I leveled demo and that was super easy. I dotted multiple mobs with coa and corr, gathered them up, used meta, put up immolation aura and rof them all down. To regenarate, lifetap, let your fg tank and just drain.

I leveled as dest. Lower levels yes you have to drink more. However given the right spec starting about level 40 or so it is easy to level dest especially due to changes in various spells and talents. You have to life tap to make sure you are continously regenerating life thus replenishing your pool of mana. It is really easy to do.

I leveled deep affliction from 70-78 and went destro from 78-80 for a change of pace. Haunt is about on par with SL/Felguard except less survivability. I'm probably not the best judge of what spec to use since I was still in nearly full BT/Sunwell gear by the time I hit 80.

Efficiency: Affliction.
    Drink more/ More burst: Demo
    Drink A LOT/ Burst!!: Destruction.

Just do whatever you want, if you want to powerlevel then go Affliction. Easy and manageable spec.

Tbh though, destro at low lvl's pwn all the bg's.

You don't drink at all with demo build :

Send in felguard, corruption, agony, lifetap, drainlife, funnel if needed
    next mob rinse repeat, you don't have run out of hp mana and constantly keep killing mobs at a steady paste, ur felguard can even take on 3-4mobs with his cleave just make sure u have that mana tap talent.
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.