Swordshattering Vs. SSG at def cap

Sry if theres already been threads on this, but im wondering if im justified in changing out my SSG rune for the 4% parry, since im at def cap w/o ssg on.

In my current gear I lose about 600hp and ~1% mit off ssg, not sure how much of a difference that makes to IBF, so id be grateful for help... thx =)

Re: Swordshattering Vs. SSG at def cap

Going SS over SSG once you're geared well is totally legit. I'll probably be doing the same after 3.1 when we lose blade barrier.

15+ Year Old Account

AS Quile said, if you want to go for HP you take SSG, since it allows you to exchange def gems, and probably a trinket, for stamina.

IF however you go for avoidance, SS is better since it gives you 4% additional avoidance when compared to SSG (this is because anyone in their right mind would exchange their def stuff for stamina stuff, and you will still be at around 540 defense even with SSG).

4% avoidance vs 3% avoidance + 2% hp

hmm i wonder which is better?

/sarcasm
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

SSG is better for avoidance than SS is at high gear levels.

That trinket with +def gets hit by DR...SSG def does not.

For every gem and gear switch you make to remain at 540def without SSG you are getting hit by DR. Adding up all those hits will put you at losing 1% or so avoidance from DR...so the 1% base gain from SS will be lost by DR eating into your +def rating. So you are really arguing "break even or 2% stamina"...which is even more skewed toward SSG since you can switch out that def trinekt with a heavy +stam trinket...or the dodge/parry trinkets.

There's not really a gear level atm that would benefit more from SS than SSG.

One way to check would be to put a dps runeforge on your wep and equip what you need to till you are 540 def. Then write down unbuffed hp and total avoidance. Switch to SS and write down unbuffed hp and avoidance...then throw on SSG switch out gear and write down hp and avoidance...and finally compare it all.

The last time I did this I was able to gain 0.54% avoidance by using SS, but I was losing almost 2k unbuffed hp...so for 1/2 % avoidance I'll stick with higher unbuffed hp.

He's already at 540 without any rune enchant of any kind. He doesn't need to start re-gemming or changing trinkets to get to 540.

In my current gear I lose about 600hp and ~1% mit off ssg
    Personally i would value 1% undiminished avoidance over 600 hp...it's obviously personal preference, ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    SSG is better for avoidance than SS is at high gear levels.

That trinket with +def gets hit by DR...SSG def does not.

For every gem and gear switch you make to remain at 540def without SSG you are getting hit by DR. Adding up all those hits will put you at losing 1% or so avoidance from DR...so the 1% base gain from SS will be lost by DR eating into your +def rating. So you are really arguing "break even or 2% stamina"...which is even more skewed toward SSG since you can switch out that def trinekt with a heavy +stam trinket...or the dodge/parry trinkets.

There's not really a gear level atm that would benefit more from SS than SSG.

One way to check would be to put a dps runeforge on your wep and equip what you need to till you are 540 def. Then write down unbuffed hp and total avoidance. Switch to SS and write down unbuffed hp and avoidance...then throw on SSG switch out gear and write down hp and avoidance...and finally compare it all.

The last time I did this I was able to gain 0.54% avoidance by using SS, but I was losing almost 2k unbuffed hp...so for 1/2 % avoidance I'll stick with higher unbuffed hp.
    this. ^^
    <==== B Team Raider: probably not welcome in your group.