Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Who´s wrong or right? VoA loot tale

your first problem was rolling a DK tank

Bucknaste Time!

At least gear drops for DKs. I never see gear drop for my feral druid or for my holy paladin. It's always DK or warrior or mage or warlock gear.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

15+ Year Old Account

It's Voa.. has anyone ever even wiped in VoA? it takes 20 minutes, as far as I see it it's a chance ever week for a free emblem and a chance at a tier piece. if I lose or some stupid loot master screws up. not a big deal.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    So i did VoA 25 man as ot (im dk) and the main tank is warrior. First of we all agreed prior to start main specc is prio etc etc. So we down the boss quick and the t7 tank chest for dk drops and im thinking finally yay its mine. And the Master Lotter starts with ROLL for it.. Im like im the dk tank here I tanked the boss i should have it and he gives it to another dk tank?!?! who rolled? and im like WTF who brings three tanks to a VoA raid . I immediately start with that i should have since i tanked the damn thing and if he wanted it he should have tanked this or another raid and not leech off another tanks performance. So the ML goeas whatever i do someone will get pissed off and still goes ahead and gives it to the other Dk=?!?! im like wtf..
    then i talk to the dk and he says "dude i told him to give you the chest" and i say well write an ticket than and he goes im keeping it and loggs off?? wtf..Really want your guys opinion who is right here?

you said the loot was main spec/off spec. Well...it was a main spec roll was it not?

if it was tank/healers, melee/main spec, off spec then yes, it would have gone to you....but it didnt

Deleted

It doesn't really matter to be honest. Equip isn't worth anything anymore, I'm as good geared as many mainchars in top raiding guilds with my alt.

Still to your issue with that chest item. Either go and kill 4HM or live with that and wait until the reset. What is done cannot be undone (normally).

Situation a) He was dps (and did terribly apparent, 14th?) and didn't deserve to roll on the tank item

Situation b) He was tank specc and did terrible dps, and didn't deserve to be there.

That said, you're pugging something, and expected it to be fair?

Not your raid, their rule.

Shut up and leave the raid when you disagree.

There is nothing else for you to do. No one here cares that you lost your chest piece to another tank. There is nothing wrong about that.

First off, it's a pug. Common sense doesn't always rank high, and people aren't always fair, ethical and conscientious. But when it's called for main spec and agreed upon for main spec, it's main spec. If you're losing a roll to another for an item that's for your spec, INSPECT THEM. Make sure it's their main spec (at least what they're specced at that time) and if not, call them out on it.In inspections, I've often found people who already have the tier piece and are rolling need for another, to gem / enchant differently...

Secondly, it's a pug. Tanks will come in to dps because it's VOA and a joke, so yes, you will sometimes have legitimate competition from other tank-specced people in there.

Just look on the bright side - if the RL is trying to have just 2 tanks & 4-5 healers, the rest dps, at least as a DK tank you'll normally have one or no competitors. My feral druid tank has to roll against feral dps since we use the same tier gear for either spec.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

You only 'need' 1-2 tanks for VoA, but out of 30speccs(10classes x 3) keep in mind that 4-5 of them CAN tank.

So out of your 25men raid, you'll most likely have at least 2 tanks, probably 3-4(using %, not 'needed' setup). So it simply is NORMAL that another tank who maybe wasnt tanking, can roll on it.

Look at it that way:
    If there was 3 DPS DKs in the group, and it was the DPS one that drops, the same dude would'nt roll, because he doesn't give a damn about dps gear...

And seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    I immediately start with that i should have since i tanked the damn thing and if he wanted it he should have tanked this or another raid and 'not leech of another tanks performance'.
    Because VoA is SO hard to tank, that the dude had to join YOUR VoA25 to be able to kill the boss, right? Because he wasn't good enough to tank it alone, right?

And hmm... You ever heard of 'hybrid' classes? You know, those classes that can do more than 1 role? Some of them can even do a decent dps in tanking specc... You know, a class like... Yours...?
    Retired.Main:Gotts.80Warrior
    Retired.Alt:Xarathor.80Shaman
    Retired.Alt:Lurked.80Mage
    Retired.Alt:Cowned.80Druid

I follow the line of thinking where "If you're not tanking, you don't roll on tank gear." For this reason I don't pug unless I know and trust the raid leader, or I don't need anything from it (usually only doing it to help out guildies).

PUG = random roll

highest roll = win

Same thing happened me too.
    İ joined 25Voa pug and I was only dk ( and i was ot).Then 1 dk joined raid too.I checked his items and he was half green half blue and he was wearing tank items ( rare)Anyways i asked Raid leader to kick him but he cryd '' PLX PLX İ NEED İTEMS İ JUST DİNGED İ ARE DPS'' so i said what ever just dont roll on tanking items.So we start to kill adds.
    then i yelled '' wth 4 tanks'' yeah we have 4 tanks..anyways we start dps on boss.dps wasnt good enough boss enraged at %1 or something killed other tanks and run to me i use all of my cd's.and i manage to tank him while he is enraged.Then we loot the boss.And there was 2 tier7.5 dk tank item hands and legs.other death knight rolled and win the roll.so i become enraged and i yelled 32432 times '' if u give him these items i swear i ll spam your names on trade channel''
    leader said '' yes you deserve this items''
    /strong two tier7.5 on first week of my ding.

Quote Originally Posted by Clexcier
    Same thing happened me too.
    İ joined 25Voa pug and I was only dk ( and i was ot).Then 1 dk joined raid too.I checked his items and he was half green half blue and he was wearing tank items ( rare)Anyways i asked Raid leader to kick him but he cryd '' PLX PLX İ NEED İTEMS İ JUST DİNGED İ ARE DPS'' so i said what ever just dont roll on tanking items.So we start to kill adds.
    then i yelled '' wth 4 tanks'' yeah we have 4 tanks..anyways we start dps on boss.dps wasnt good enough boss enraged at %1 or something killed other tanks and run to me i use all of my cd's.and i manage to tank him while he is enraged.Then we loot the boss.And there was 2 tier7.5 dk tank item hands and legs.other death knight rolled and win the roll.so i become enraged and i yelled 32432 times '' if u give him these items i swear i ll spam your names on trade channel''
    leader said '' yes you deserve this items''
    /strong two tier7.5 on first week of my ding.

every little kiddy has a DK, ty blizzard!!!

Is this on the Aerie Peak server?
    Where this happened?

Sucks man... but shit happens. If you're really bent out of shape about it, I'd suggest that you just form your own 25 pug and make your own rules. Bring 1 other tank that isn't a DK and reserve your tanking piece. It takes maybe 15-20 minutes to form the raid, and that way you're Master Looter and in control of the loot.

If you can't manage forming a VoA group then frankly I don't know what to tell you. Crying "ninja" in a public forum is only going to attract negative attention. I don't want to side with all the people who gave you a hard time here, but you are presenting a scenario that EVERYONE has dealt with at some point or another. Get over it and take control of your own WoW destiny.

There seems to be a lot of these posts popping up. I didn't get the loot I thought i should. I'm gonna make a post where everyone can tell me how unfair it is. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

If his MainSpec is tanking, he just should be allowed to roll (if the RL brings a tank-specced DK as a DD and so lowering the raids DPS [well, ok its Archa, so... wayne]), he should be allowed to roll on that loot.

Why should he get punished cause raid lead was stupid and brought to many tanks? So as long as he was brought as a Tank he had every right to roll. If he knew he would be excluded from gear if he didn't tank I'm sure he would rather have not been saved to what would then be a point less run. If you had been in that postion you would have been pissed so get over it and try again. It's not like you will never down that boss again. I mean it's puggable with half the group never having been there before.

I agree with many others here in saying that yes, it should have gone to you but sorry, it was fair loot distribution.

You should pay more attention when you get into PUGs and make sure that there aren't extra tanks. I have left groups before because they replace tanks with DPS. Is that a douchey move? Absolutely not, it's a damn VOA PUG there are 37 other people waiting next to the portal to be invited.

So wake up next time and inspect the other DKs. As far as I can tell being a DK is stupid in the first place because 50% of a server is made up of them.

just because he dps'ed and didn't tank does not mean his main spec was not tank.

Add that if you are relying on VoA for your tanking loot, at this point you must really suck. Especially if you need to pug VoA for your Valorous stuff.

QQ more newb...