Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Who´s wrong or right? VoA loot tale

shit happens in VoA, on 2 occasions I lost enh shammy gear to hunters..... idk who is dumber in that situation, the ML who looted it to the hunter, or the 600 dps hunter that rolled. (i know the one who got the loot can put in a GM ticket, but I am just saying, don't expect much from VoA pug)

15+ Year Old Account

Vault is srs business. It sucks when shit happens, but it does.

Pug rules

Main spec beats off spec. If that guy was main Tank, he gets the same chance as you.

I'm a feral tank and I join as loldps VoA. I'm not going to respec DPS if I can throw on DPS gear for the chance to get Feral gear. Don't care if I'm tanking or not, it's a pug. A 1k DPS mage will have equal chances as the 4k dps full T7.5 mage.

If you really wanted perfect chances, start the raid yourself and don't invite any other DK's. In a pug, more or less everyone gets equal main spec chances.

L o L wait untill we can have TWO specs! Then the loot qqing posts will be even more FTW ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Krenus
    First, Have to say it, VoA Pug.
    VoA is always a Pug. Your guild actually has to get together for that? Maybe your server is full of bads?

In any case, it's the RLs fault, blame him for inviting 3 tanks.

If you were tanking the boss, not him, your gear is probably better than his, so the drop would be more useful to him anyway. Tanking the boss does not entitle you to loot. It was a fair roll, main spec, he won, get over it.

topic is exactly why I leave 10 man voa if theres any other locks or 25 man voa if theres more then 1

no competition = my loot

I didn't read the rest of the posts, so this probably has already been stated, but here's my take on it: DK can be DPS or Tank in ANY spec, it really just depends on what gear that they're wearing. For example, I have full T7 dps and tank gear, and I prefer to tank. However, if a vault group needs a dps, I can just switch on my dps gear and do that. It doesn't mean that my main spec is dps, it just means that I'm versatile enough to do both jobs. The other DK may have been in the same position, and he didn't think that what he did was wrong. I wouldn't have. Just because you tanked doesn't mean he isn't capable of tanking, or his main spec is tank spec. Plus, it's vault...just go again or man up and do Naxx.

It's a PUG. Highest roll wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Just a final note to those who didnt like my attitude, thought it was fair , i was QQ etc etc. Ive been following this guy a couple of days now just to give him the benefit of doubt since you got all so upset and to sum up . 1.When he did VoA he was 27/44/0 specc ..hmm weird tank specc. Btw he still is that specc. 2. He has 3 tank gear items rest is dps 3 . And he STILL hasnt used his new chest.

So i dont think i was wrong arguing that i should have gotten chest. The End
    It's a PuG. VoA is only worth it for the badges.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a pickup group. You can expect total loss of common sense and not being notified what the hell has been agreed on. It's just the risk you take.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    topic is exactly why I leave 10 man voa if theres any other locks or 25 man voa if theres more then 1

no competition = my loot
    i bet you're the one who spams in trade LFG VoA all the time b/c you cant get into a raid where theres no other locks.. faceslap for being lame

Bucknaste Time!

rules for loot changes between people
    get over it
    discuss loot before killing anything
    if you dont like loot rules then leave
    lets have this thread slowly die with my threads
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    He didnt tank it was me and warrior.. he went as dps .. Was 14 place on dps. My opinion. he shouldnt have gotten it since he didnt do anything at all and his motivation for keeping the chest " i want it cause it would be nice to get def capped??" WTF
    if he was 14 in dps he did a pretty good job! he's a tank and still outdamaged some dps (probably there was a protection pala+warrior hidden waiting for loot as well =p, damn stealthed tanks)

I don't know what is so hard to understand. On the PvE items you roll on what you came to do. I don't care if you are speced resto and decide you want to dps you are not rolling on healing gear. If you are tank speced and dps you are not rolling on tank gear.

Your main spec = what you came to the raid to do

The only exceptions if you a asked to respec, and in this case its a pug so I doubt that happened.

If you dps you roll on dps, if you heal you roll on healing, if you tank you roll on tank. It doesn't matter what your spec is.

Quote Originally Posted by charbelcher
    I don't know what is so hard to understand. On the PvE items you roll on what you came to do. I don't care if you are speced resto and decide you want to dps you are not rolling on healing gear. If you are tank speced and dps you are not rolling on tank gear.

The only exceptions if you a asked to respec, and in this case its a pug so I doubt that happened.

If you dps you roll on dps, if you heal you roll on healing, if you tank you roll on tank. It doesn't matter what your spec is.
    Right, so that holy pally that I asked to go ret for that KT kill should roll on BoH over the fury warrior... you're a freaking idiot. You roll on what your MAIN SPEC is, what you did that raid has NO bearing on your main spec... ever, no matter what. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by charbelcher

Becuz pugging VoA is Seriuz Buznez

Quote Originally Posted by Lleregis
    Right, so that holy pally that I asked to go ret for that KT kill should roll on BoH over the fury warrior... you're a freaking idiot. You roll on what your MAIN SPEC is, what you did that raid has NO bearing on your main spec... ever, no matter what. End of story.
    you obviously didnt read the only exception

and my story (kinda like yours but i win) i do 25 vault me and one other DK both dps he spends the entire time swearing at the raid because some lolbads died in rock shower and a lock got hit with whirl on the trash ok so we down the boss and 2 my suprise there 2 7.5 DK dps and 1 deadly dk piece so the RL is doing loot and me and him roll when i win he says well this guy did shitty dps him and his 2.6k(not bad for 3 days at 80) and meanwhile this idiot didnt notice he was doing1.2k dps and instantly after he said that i see the RL loot everything to me =)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.