Retri palas and 2H weapons from Ulduar

All the 2H weapons that either drops in Ulduar or can be bought for Emblems of Conquest have Armor Penetration.
    This isn't that good for ret palas, because it only increase our white damage.

So my question is: do any of keep your weapons from Naxx or are you going for the new 2H weapons? Or is Armor penetration gonna be better for us in 3.1?

Re: Retri palas and 2H weapons from Ulduar

Crusader Strike and Divine Storm are physical attacks aswell.
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

15+ Year Old Account

as far as i remember arP is getting a 25% boost. so its 1/4th more effective.

we have 3 attacks that deal "white" dmg. CS, DS and normal hits. these attacks will be modified by arP.

haste is getting a 30% boost.
    haste will only affect our auto attack speed. but this also procs our SoB.

they might be nice stats to have if you get it, but dont gear for it. they still remain as 2nd rank stats. 1st rank being strength and crit.

Judgements + Seals + Consec + now exo as well aren't modified by ArP, that's ~65% of our overall damage. Even with the 25% gain increase on Arp Rating, it's still an awful stat - but that's what we get for being hybrids, I guess.

Ya know, I've actually forgotten which is better for us- Haste or ARP. Yeah, both suck, (STR>HIT>AP>CRIT>EXP>(HASTE/ARP)>SPELLPOWER) but does anyone have a value?
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Endarius
    (STR>HIT>AP>CRIT>EXP>SPELLPOWER>(HASTE/ARP)) but does anyone have a value?
    judgement also scales from sp.

i think EJ ret topic has numbers for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    judgement also scales from sp.

i think EJ ret topic has numbers for it.
    The numbers in question:
    • Seal of Command:
    45% weapon damage + 23% spell power
    • Judgement of Command:
    24% weapon damage + 16% AP + 25% spell power
    • Seal of Blood:
    27% weapon damage
    • Judgement of Blood:
    36% weapon damage + 16% AP + 25% spell power

Endarius, nice list but I still don't know why people point out spell power, unless you roll on healing paladin gear the only thing you need and basically will get regardless at all is SP from Sheate of Light, so while still makes an important part of our dps it's kind of obvious it will come alone with gear >-<.

Now about Arp. I remember this blue post about Blizz not feeling our signatures strikes performing as they should and will buff them to see what happens, at the risk of us doing 8k burst dps for a patch... lol

Considering this we'll be more along the line of 60% melee 40% caster instead of the 60 caster 40 melee we're right now, and with Arp. 25% buff we'll get an increase out of it, so I woulnd't get mental about it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepeaches
    Judgements + Seals + Consec + now exo as well aren't modified by ArP, that's ~65% of our overall damage. Even with the 25% gain increase on Arp Rating, it's still an awful stat - but that's what we get for being hybrids, I guess.
    Lets see...going from the numbers above.
    ArP boosted by 25% = Bigger physical hits
    Haste boosted by 30% = More physical hits
    Crusader Strike Dmg increased by 15% from talents now = Bigger physical hits

Your ~65% number is going to change significantly if these changes go live. It won't be an awful stat anymore. As Iktankniet said, it will still be a second rank stat but it will definately not be "awful" or nearly as bad as it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Your ~65% number is going to change significantly if these changes go live. It won't be an awful stat anymore. As Iktankniet said, it will still be a second rank stat but it will definately not be "awful" or nearly as bad as it is currently.
    The sad part is the DPS Warrior beside you will get far more bang for their buck from these weapons then Rets. Pretty sure DK's lose out as well, but I'm not familiar enough with their mechanics to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    The sad part is the DPS Warrior beside you will get far more bang for their buck from these weapons then Rets. Pretty sure DK's lose out as well, but I'm not familiar enough with their mechanics to tell.
    I'm sure they need it more, blizzard wouldn't miss on that, it's not like they can do 13k dps on thaddius or anything.

Pretty sure I will be taking a 240 DPS weapon with 100+ STR and 2 gem slots over betrayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    I'm sure they need it more, blizzard wouldn't miss on that, it's not like they can do 13k dps on thaddius or anything.
    Yes, because Blizzard has class balance down to a fine artform ;D

Pardon me while I go wash out my mouth...I hate the taste of vomit.

15+ Year Old Account

paladins can do up to 11k on thaddius...do we need to be nerfed now?

dont believe me? here is proof
    http://wowwebstats.com/gqmpvd3copry3?s=250122-284796

thaddius is a worthless fight to use as example because of the buff you get from stacking ppl. they get that high because deep wounds scales awesomely. just as RV does.

there are more bosses and different kinds of weapons that'll drop in ulduar. just wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Lets see...going from the numbers above.
    ArP boosted by 25% = Bigger physical hits
    Haste boosted by 30% = More physical hits
    Crusader Strike Dmg increased by 15% from talents now = Bigger physical hits

The ~65% number will change to maybe 55%, 50% if you stack ArP & Haste for some reason. ArP & Haste will still be awful.

As nice as Voldrethar is, and it is nice

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ld_9684_52.jpg

the major problem for ret pallys in uldar is not armor penetration. its weapon speed. because so many of our dps abilitys are based on speed these fast weapons are gimping our total output. of the 2handers seen so far only 1 is 3.5 and thats a ten man weapon.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ld_9684_90.jpg

better then jawbone or cryptfiends for sure but at best equal to betrayer.

i also find it interesting that every weapon in uldar has Arp. im curious why. also, from a meta perspective, are any of these any good for DK tanking?

I wouldnt exept some ideal gear from Ulduar, new balance from blizzard which is based on nerfing throught gear sucks. You cant be never really happy with your gear when they are making strange stats there.

My post wasn't really a question of Haste + ARP = Bad?? ??? ???

It was primarily a > or < question- I.E., what's going to give you the more bang for your buck (or item budget in this case).

Basically im wondering if they made a betrayer 2.0 with the exact same stats, would it be better or worse if the haste was replaced by armor pen?
    Your signature is too big, please read the rules.
    It is not a paladin's quest to tank, to heal, or to dish out the damage.
    Instead, the paladin’s quest is to win, by the light, using any means possible.

It's a pretty close call between ArP and Haste, think both stats are 'worth' about the same. Betrayer's really badly itemized for a Ret Paladin too so :P WTB Death's Bite v2.

I've tested out both ArP and T7.5 armor (haste/7second judgement) and they both seem to stand in line with the DPS being close to each other.

So i'm not to bothered if i drop all my haste and T7.5 - 4set for full ArP again.

So i would easily upgrade my Betrayer for another weapon with higher damage, better stats (hopefully Strength over ap) and Arp. Because i know it wont be much a kill to my DPS.