Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fishing changes.

Looks like after almost 5 years of playing my warrior it's time to raise fishing!

What do you guys think? hahah

Wizzleteats

Re: Fishing changes.

It's a nice (and needed) change, but I have four characters with 450/450 fishing, so to me, it's just not that big of a deal. :P

What's the change?

You can now fish anywhere, regardless of skill. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill.
    i think this is the main one
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well we did.* Some of us at least.* The rest of us evolved from monkeys, snakes, and particularly low quality toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Chromie.* Chromie solves Everything.

Time paradox? What time paradox?
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    To be fair itemization was terrible in vanilla. LOVING THAT SPIRIT ON MY TANK GEAR OH YEA

Deleted

A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools.

A new clam, the Giant Darkwater Clam, can be obtained by fishing in Wintergrasp. This mighty clam has a greatly increased chance to drop pearls, and yields up to five times the regular amount of clam meat.

New fishing dailies are now offered from Marcia Chase in Dalaran City!

Players are no longer required to do the Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme quest to gain Artisan fishing. The quest now offers a special superior-quality fishing pole instead. If you already completed the quest, you can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing pole.

The time needed to catch fish has been reduced.

You can now fish anywhere, regardless of skill. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill.

You can now fish in Wintergrasp, and the fishin' is good!

You no longer need to learn fishing from books. The trainers have finally done their reading and are able to teach you the same thing.

Moreso about the game becoming increasingly easy in almost all aspects.

With these fishing changes you can now fish from 1-450 without moving from the initial trainers in SW/OG, due to not needing to go get the books, or the quest to increase the skill level cap.

One thing that a few MMOs threw around at times was the concept of Risk vs Reward, or at least the basic concept of Effort = Reward. Higher the risk, higher the reward, or at least, if you put in the effort to go and get something done, rather than just sit there and get it given to you, you get a reward.

Quite a lot of the retro changes now have some kind of reward if people still bother doing the quests, Druid Aqua form for example gives a nice rare belt now you can simply just train the skill, and the fishing quest Nat Pagle gives will now reward a nice rod.

Gone are the days where the only people who had the best of the best were those who put in a lot of hours, and little else, possibly for the best, TBC was more on track in places for balancing that, SWP being a good example of content that wasn't needed done, but for a while gave people something to do.

Professions used to be hard to utilise fully, (BWL/Scholo Flasks anyone?), and required farming of mats to get the items that would make leveling the skill worth it. Now there are no real BoP recipes, just stat boosters, which aren't exactly balanced anyway.

I can see Blizz trying to make the game open to all, but it's getting close to a point where it's just becoming too easy in almost every aspect. Hell, I've seen other games where you actually have to pay attention to crafting skills to get real improvements on crafts, not WoW and others use of "Click craft and AFK for 20 minutes".
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    Hell, I've seen other games where you actually have to pay attention to crafting skills to get real improvements on crafts, not WoW and others use of "Click craft and AFK for 20 minutes".
    SW:G crafting stystem anyone?
    Not sure why this is french.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwud3381
    SWG was more like setup macro afk for a bit come back and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwud3381
    I was actually thinking of EQ2, possibly UO, haven't played either, so not 100% sure which of the two I was meaning.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

I can see Blizz trying to make the game open to all, but it's getting close to a point where it's just becoming too easy in almost every aspect. Hell, I've seen other games where you actually have to pay attention to crafting skills to get real improvements on crafts, not WoW and others use of "Click craft and AFK for 20 minutes".
    I understand your frustration, on my main i have 450 fishing and cooking. But in a reality I have more fun playing the game not standing by a campfire or fishing for hours on end. Personally i don't wanna see professions "hard". I leveled my professions for ingame benefits which they provide and now more people will have access to it so its a good thing imo.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

I'm intrigued about the fishing pole you get from Nat Pagel instead of the quest. I.E.: How good it is gonna be?
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik
    I'm intrigued about the fishing pole you get from Nat Pagel instead of the quest. I.E.: How good it is gonna be?
    http://www.elsanglin.com/images/?i=a..._pole_full.jpg

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

It's as good as a rod Horde can get through a quest (+25), better than Seth's pole from Shattrath and the BIP that only Horde can loot (both +20), worse than the Exalted Kalu'ak reward (+30 and Water Breathing), and thankfully worse than the Fishing Contest Reward (35).

There are also new poles being added that are related to the dailies, gained in the new rewards bag;

* Bone Fishing Pole
    * Skill bonus: +30
    * Shadow Resistance: +40
    * Minimum fishing skill required: 1

And;

* Jeweled Fishing Pole
    * "A Tiffany Cartier original."

Water is Life

With these fishing changes you can now fish from 1-450 without moving from the initial trainers in SW/OG, due to not needing to go get the books, or the quest to increase the skill level cap.

One thing that a few MMOs threw around at times was the concept of Risk vs Reward, or at least the basic concept of Effort = Reward. Higher the risk, higher the reward, or at least, if you put in the effort to go and get something done, rather than just sit there and get it given to you, you get a reward.

Quite a lot of the retro changes now have some kind of reward if people still bother doing the quests, Druid Aqua form for example gives a nice rare belt now you can simply just train the skill, and the fishing quest Nat Pagle gives will now reward a nice rod.

Gone are the days where the only people who had the best of the best were those who put in a lot of hours, and little else, possibly for the best, TBC was more on track in places for balancing that, SWP being a good example of content that wasn't needed done, but for a while gave people something to do.

Professions used to be hard to utilise fully, (BWL/Scholo Flasks anyone?), and required farming of mats to get the items that would make leveling the skill worth it. Now there are no real BoP recipes, just stat boosters, which aren't exactly balanced anyway.

I disagree, in general, with making the game even easier and think you have a point with that.

On the other hand, I don't have any real problem with fishing being a bit easier to level, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to the days of needing scholo or a partially cleared BWL to make flasks ><
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

It's as good as a rod Horde can get through a quest (+25), better than Seth's pole from Shattrath and the BIP that only Horde can loot (both +20), worse than the Exalted Kalu'ak reward (+30 and Water Breathing), and thankfully worse than the Fishing Contest Reward (35).

There are also new poles being added that are related to the dailies, gained in the new rewards bag;

* Bone Fishing Pole
    * Shadow Resistance: +40

And;

* Jeweled Fishing Pole
    * "A Tiffany Cartier original."
    Well if you've already completed the Artisan Fishing quest that Nat gives you, you can talk to him to recieve a +25 Fishing pole.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

These changes are another step closer to a reason to stop playing.

The game is turning more and more into easy mode balanced for kids with every patch.

It's fishing. Think for a minute.

All you do is click when the bobber goes underwater. -_- If fishing actually brings a really really good reward for doing so, then I would agree. But all you do is catch fish!

Personally, to hell with all the QQ'ers over these changes making this "ez-mode"

You seriously want to have one of the most boring, and least rewarding professions (for gold and stats) to be beyond the patience of people not suffering OCD?!?

Also to note, just cause you dont have to move to keep fishing (0 - 225 in SW anyone?? only reason you had to go anywhere was the quest, could always AH the books iirc) doesn't mean you can catch less "fish" to get your skill up ... the change to the amount of time however will mean it will take less time to catch that same number of fish ... which, if you have a real world around you, is a good thing

ftr: yes i have 450 fishing and OCD

Lol...people complaining that this makes the game easier? You sit there and click the little bobber.

I mean seriously.

I've never leveled it on any character and still don't plan to. Not because it's too hard, but because it is THE most boring thing anyone can do in this game, bar none. Why would I want to sit at my computer for hours watching a fucking bobber thingy, and clicking it when it jumps? It makes me want to gouge my eyes out just thinking about it.

Fishing and cooking is a nice and easy way to get a good buff. Once you leveled them it takes you about 30-40 min/weak to have that buff for a full weak of raiding. And fishing changes will lower the time spent on farming for that buff to 20 min maybe and that is not bad at all.