Glyph of Seal of Blood = Worthless in 3.1?

Ok, so the Glyph of Seal of Blood increases the mana you get from Spirital Attunement by 30% while Seal of Blood/Martyr is active. I always understood this as a ret-based glyph; you use that seal in PvE, and take damage, so when you get healed you get more mana back. Simple.

Now they've updated patch notes to indicate that Spiritual Attunement will no longer be a base ability for the Paladin; instead, it will be a deep prot talent, meaning that it's completely unavailable to Ret Paladins.

Is there any circumstance where it's actually such a good idea to use Seal of Blood/Martyr while tanking that you'd want to glyph for it? I never used it while tanking, and even now it doesn't seem like tankadins do enough physical damage on any given blow to even make seal of the martyr or seal of blood equal to seal of vengeance from a pure damage standpoint, not counting the fact that hurting yourself while tanking isn't exactly the brightest move....

So is this glyph going to be changed? Or is it simply going to fall out of use because no class that has the ability it interacts with would want to use the seal it affects?

Re: Glyph of Seal of Blood = Worthless in 3.1?

I just noticed there's at least one other thread on this topic already; I did look through the list of topics, but obviously I didn't look hard enough :-p

There's already some discussion going on there, and since I can't delete my own thread, I'll just provide a link to that one instead:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=44088.0