Mirror vs. Emerald Boar

I've been wondering since I got FotFF if [Figurine - Emerald Boar](with 27 STR gems in both slots) is better than [Mirror of Truth]. I know the boar is less dps with just 16 str gems but could someone confirm that my boar is better than my mirror?

Re: Mirror vs. Emerald Boar

Quote Originally Posted by Bmays
    I've been wondering since I got FotFF if [Figurine - Emerald Boar](with 27 STR gems in both slots) is better than [Mirror of Truth]. I know the boar is less dps with just 16 str gems but could someone confirm that my boar is better than my mirror?
    You should put your JC gems somewhere more useful.

Edit: And swap the boar for mirror.

Like my titansteel helm for the crit? No thanks. I don't get socket bonuses unless they are ap or str.

Socket bonuses are never worth it.

Only when getting your meta. Use a sirens tear in a blue socket with a str bonus.

Putting an 8str/12stam gem in a socket that provides 4str bonus is less strength than a 16str gem with no bonus

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Only when getting your meta. Use a sirens tear in a blue socket with a str bonus.

Putting an 8str/12stam gem in a socket that provides 4str bonus is less strength than a 16str gem with no bonus
    this

or get darkmoon card: greatness

Dragon eye's match the socket and count towards 1 of each color for meta gems. If you needed 3 blue, red, and yellow gems to get a meta bonus 3 dragon eye's socketed would give the bonus. There is no reason to socket for anything else other then ap or str, but a bold dragon's eye giving 27str is only 11 more then a scarlet ruby and that applies no matter if it's on a trink or piece of armor. if u have 2 scarlet rubies on gear and 2 dragon's eye's on trink it would be of great benefit to replace trinket with mirror and resocket those rubies with dragon's eyes. There is no difference between the trink getting those eye's or your gear. except the little socket bonuses that you would normaly never take are freebies now. if you wernt a jc then you would have 2 rubies in trinket and be getting 32 str. If you have a chest piece with two rubies as well and then become a jc you gain the same amount of str whether u put them on the gear or trink and many trinkets>emerald boar. Get rid of the emerald's boar and resocket gear with dragon's eyes

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBucky
    Dragon eye's match the socket and count towards 1 of each color for meta gems. If you needed 3 blue, red, and yellow gems to get a meta bonus 3 dragon eye's socketed would give the bonus. There is no reason to socket for anything else other then ap or str, but a bold dragon's eye giving 27str is only 11 more then a scarlet ruby and that applies no matter if it's on a trink or piece of armor. if u have 2 scarlet rubies on gear and 2 dragon's eye's on trink it would be of great benefit to replace trinket with mirror and resocket those rubies with dragon's eyes. There is no difference between the trink getting those eye's or your gear. except the little socket bonuses that you would normaly never take are freebies now. if you wernt a jc then you would have 2 rubies in trinket and be getting 32 str. If you have a chest piece with two rubies as well and then become a jc you gain the same amount of str whether u put them on the gear or trink and many trinkets>emerald boar. Get rid of the emerald's boar and resocket gear with dragon's eyes
    14:15 Wall of text crits you for run-on (physical)

Apologize for wall of text. I just find it amazing when people think socketing a useless item to make it worthwhile is more beneficial then socketing useful items to make em even better.

Get mirror, it's better and easier to get. All you have to do is run Naxx 10, Sarth 10, VoA 10, Maly 10, H CoT strat, H gundrak, and H nexus and then you have your 40 badges!

Wizzleteats

Quote Originally Posted by Aragaarn
    Get mirror, it's better and easier to get. All you have to do is run Naxx 10, Sarth 10, VoA 10, Maly 10, H CoT strat, H gundrak, and H nexus and then you have your 40 badges!
    Actually, the Boar is a helluva lot easier to get. Just sayin'. :P

The Boar is a nice placeholder until you can get better, but yeah, get Mirror and DmC: Greatness.

And the FotFF to replace Mirror

FotFF + DMC - Greatness = FTW

I still don't like how you guys are just saying that mirror is better without backing up your claims. My boar gives me 220 AP, compared to one socketed with 16 str gems that would give 157 AP. 63 is quite a lot of AP and I'm still not really convinced. I love how all of you assume that I don't have the mirror. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmays
    I still don't like how you guys are just saying that mirror is better without backing up your claims. My boar gives me 220 AP, compared to one socketed with 16 str gems that would give 157 AP. 63 is quite a lot of AP and I'm still not really convinced. I love how all of you assume that I don't have the mirror. That's funny.
    how can you even compare the trinket with dragon's eye to the trinket without the dragon's eye.. you need to take in to consideration that those dragon's eye will be in other items if you don't use the, in the trinket
    the only difference in total attack power between putting them in the trinket or in another item is the 12 attack power from the socket, and if you find an item with 8 attack power or 4 str socket bonus (there's many of them) that lost ap from the trinket becomes a total of 4 ap... there is NO lost 63 attack power.

boar with dragons: 54 str + 96 attack power
    boar with 16 str: 32 str + 84 ap + 22 str from putting the 2 dragons in another item = 54 str + 84 attack power

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    how can you even compare the trinket with dragon's eye to the trinket without the dragon's eye.. you need to take in to consideration that those dragon's eye will be in other items if you don't use the, in the trinket
    the only difference in total attack power between putting them in the trinket or in another item is the 12 attack power from the socket, and if you find an item with 8 attack power or 4 str socket bonus (there's many of them) that lost ap from the trinket becomes a total of 4 ap... there is NO lost 63 attack power.

boar with dragons: 54 str + 96 attack power
    boar with 16 str: 32 str + 84 ap + 22 str from putting the 2 dragons in another item = 54 str + 84 attack power
    I have no socket bonuses for +4 str or +8 AP. I have one item that gives a socket bonus of +6 str, the Legplates of Double Strikes, but that has the same socket colors as the boar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson

Which is why you want to put your Prismatic gems in those slots, and the normal gems in the prismatic slots(since the prismatic ones slots don't have any socket bonus). Just a way to get a little bit more out of things.