Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Chaosfall

Not Healing My Pet

Hey. I was in AN heroic few minutes ago.
    Went all right until the healer freaked out cus he didnt wanna heal my pet. Unfortunatly i didnt get the first part of the conversation on screenshot. But it was sumthin like:

Chaosfall: Please heal my pet or my dps goes down with 30%
    Healer: Thats not my problem ffs.
    Healer: More dps ffs!

Then i asked him again. And this was his reaction.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/u...409_152419.jpg

Just want everyone to know that they shouldnt group with Neverends on Chamber of Aspects EU.
    He is really a stupid player, very ignorrant and egoistic.

But what is your opinions?
    Shouldnt a healer heal my pet if he has 30% Overheal, on the tank?

Re: Not Healing My Pet

It's definitely not the healer's job to keep your pet alive, I'm afraid. You seem like a reasonable sort rather than your typical 'omg mah pet needz helezzz' huntard, so I'm gonna cut you some slack, but if you'd ever played a healer who has been in a tough situation like that where wipes are actually happening you'd know that the last thing you want to do is start trying to over-extend yourself by healing even MORE targets than before. Hunters have Mend Pet for a reason, and when the shit hits the fan and people are taking a lot of damage, the pet is definitely the first thing I would ignore as a healer if I wasn't ignoring it already. Hell, most healers I know don't even have party pets displayed on their UI.

Still, I will agree with you that the healer in question acted like a tit and should have explained this rather than insulting you. I myself have been in situations where the dps have done stupid crap like pulling aggro and then whining at me for not healing them through it and focussing on the tank instead. Of course they died and of course we ended up wiping, and naturally these times I explained that they have a responsibility to keep themselves alive, but often this just doesn't get through to people. I know that's not quite the same as your situation here, I'm just trying to illustrate that it can be quite stressful being the one in the party who always seems to get blamed for wipes other people cause.

Whenever something like this comes up I feel I have to repeat the old maxim of:

If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault.
    If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault.
    If the dps die it's their own bloody fault.

I've played both a hunter and a healer and I can say that healers shouldn't worry about any pets. It's not their job when pet classes have ways to heal their own pet, and plus there are more important things to heal.

If its a situation where there isn't that much to do i will sometimes throw a heal on a pet, but like the guy above me said most healers don't even have them on their ui.

Healing a pet is not a healers job in PVE.
    You have a mend pet ability so you need to mend your pet. If you pet is getting massive aoe damage you need to pull him out, quite simple really, you chose a pet class now you have to take responsibility for your pet.

1) Are you Beast Mastery?

2) Are you pulling your pet out of spikes/flame/pound/poison/aggro/etc?

3) Mend pet/Lick your Wounds being used to keep your pet alive?

If you answer no to any of these things then nobody cares. If all else fails and you don't have heart of the phoenix then it's your own fault your pet is dead.

Didnt have problems in TBC when I played also with my hunter and now with increased amount of tools it should be even easier to keep your pet up, or thats what my conclusion is when I sum up the tools for pet maintainance and survivability... Tho ofc we all play with our own style, but Id say if you cant slip mend pet every now and then into your rotation and blame other people for not keeping your pet up is not their fault tbh...

edit: plus taking a screenshot of you saying you have to take a screenshot and post it into website is quite meh anyway >.<
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

Now, I looked up both you and the shaman on the armory, and honestly he seems like he was doing you guys a favor by running you through that heroic. He's got almost completely best in slot gear, and so he probably knows what he's doing as a healer better than you do.

I've every healer class into at least mid-Outland, and I've never been concerned with healing pets, and never had a disagreement with someone because of my unwillingness to.

Only thing I can think of is just healing a pet on my Paladin because of Beacon. But in a Raid your pet is on your own.

It is the Hunter's job to heal their own pet.

Many times Hunter's don't know the melee elements of a fight, when to back out and such, so they don't remember their pets. Anub'Rekan would be a quick example, with Locust Swarm..

Mend pet... use it.

The healer isn't responsible for your pet, they're there to keep the members of the group alive. When I used to heal, if someone's pet got low and i didn't have to heal others i might've tossed it a quick heal. But when a hunter starts asking for healing on their pet because they wanna do more dps, more than likely they tend to not be able to manage their pet themselves, i'd probably tell you to learn to do that before I snapped like the guy did, but you certainly weren't in the right in your situation. Pet management isn't hard to do and it's probably the most difficult thig as BM so if you can't handle that yourself you've got some problems ahead of you. Hunters have it easy on healing their pets, one click and forget about it for near 15 seconds, and if it dies during that time, your pet is somewhere it shouldn't have been. Maybe if you had to channel the healing to your pet like a lock i'd be more forgiving but not as a hunter, sorry.

You won't understand healers , untill You try playing as a healer .

You've made yourself look like a complete idiot and an ignorant fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I don't like to change into a kitten and hitting enemies with my paws and rabies, I like assassinating with daggers and poisons!

Survival hunter wearing pvp gear and blues trying to insult a fully valorous geared resto shaman for not healing his pet in one of the hardest heroic boss fights.

When I play on my healer I almost never heal pets. Its not my job, here is always someone who need heal more than pet.

And when I play on my DK dps with permament pet I never ask healers for healing him. I can resummon him, take away from aoe, heal him with dc. Here is always some way to keep him alive. So Chaosfall, you fail.

15+ Year Old Account

Pets will get healed if the healer actually takes the time to check up on it, but since the pet rarely takes any real damage it will 99.99% of the time be the hunter that heals it. So in short - be very happy if someone else takes a second to heal your damn pet.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted

Kaneshiro - Skullcrusher EU

Never have and never will heal pets in any PvE situation, only heal they may receive is glyph of holy light heal, other than that, sorry but just no.

P.S Check healing received b4 whining, Never played resto shaman but doesnt chain heal chain to a pet now and then? thus ur pet may have got some healing? if chain heal doesnt hit a pet now and then i still stand by what i said, hunter's are responsible for thier pets actions, if it is 30% of ur dps then give it 30% of ur attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneshiro
    Kaneshiro - Skullcrusher EU

Never have and never will heal pets in any PvE situation, only heal they may receive is glyph of holy light heal, other than that, sorry but just no.

P.S Check healing received b4 whining, Never played resto shaman but doesnt chain heal chain to a pet now and then? thus ur pet may have got some healing? if chain heal doesnt hit a pet now and then i still stand by what i said, hunter's are responsible for thier pets actions, if it is 30% of ur dps then give it 30% of ur attention?
    QFT

As everyone else is saying it's not the healer's job to heal your pet. Personally, I dont even have pets shown anywhere on my UI. I've often heard the "healz my pet ffs", but to be honest, I dont care how much of your damage your pet is doing. If it's that important heal it yourself. Same goes for warlocks and their felguards, I dont heal them simple as. There is always banadges you know. In my guild the DKs are bandaging their ghoulds, because they know we wont heal them unless some heal has the "smart heal" effect and you just happened to be lucky and it dropped on your pet.

Granted the healer in your group is an arse. But you put his name and realm up, naming and shaming anyone? By the way, you speak of the healer having 30% overhealing on the tank - it's got nothing to do with your pet.

Also why does DPS'ers always seem to think that the healers should heal through everything - be that AoE or other damage? We are here to heal so we can get the boss down, not here so you can be lazy no matter how much mana, GCDs etc we got to spare.

30% overheal is actually quite decent. Especially for a shaman.

Chaosfail... the elite hunter from Chamber of Aspects -EU

I wonder if he's still trying to show off to his little lan party. :P

go survival?
    oh nevermind lol 2500 rap