Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I want to break 4k-5k avg raid dps and I need some help from some pros

I'm 3 months into WoW and I've been working hard to learn about the talents, specs, rotations, gear and I never seem to find what I'm looking for ...

Info from someone or advice from someone I see breaking the higher numbers for avg raid DPS. Everywhere I read people are saying 'do this, no do this, no do that and all this hablah with no numbers stating they can do what they say I just really don't know if what I'm reading is worth it or not half the time.

I've pulled 4-5k in fights but my last 2 Naxx ventures turned me out at an avg 3200-3500 DPS over nearly 19Mil DMG total. My meager milestone was to break 20Mil overall damage on my way to achieving a higher average but sometimes melee wipes happen

I want to pull an average overall of 4k plus consistently, and being a n00b I need someone who actually can do it to guide me in the right direction I don't want to learn the wrong things.

One thing I do know I have problems with is keeping my dots up, usage of them and keeping a smooth rotation I keep running into walls I've noticed in recount my number of actions/activity are quite a bit lower than the top dk's in my friends guild I run with.

Check out my wow armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Deathycakes

Thanks

Re: I want to break 4k-5k avg raid dps and I need some help from some pros

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t36638-d...night_pve_dps/

Think that is the best place to start

How can you be so conserned about overall damage... I give my everything on bosses and then just "relax" at trash while still doing some nice FoK damage... Don't know about you but for me boss damage is everything.

At the moment, the highest dps specs are the Dual weild 0/32/39 and the diseaseless 51/0/20. I am currently using 51/0/20 with a OB > HS > DC rotation ( yea its retardedly easy) In that rotation however you will find you have gaps between using spells at the beginning, but it still puts up high numbers. This spec is really only doable with good gear, and your gear is really similar to mine. Last week i pulled 4.4k dps on patchwerk with a 51/13/7 spec. This week i was over 5.2k with my new 51/0/20. My total dps was 4.1k dps and my avg dps on bosses was 4.8k

*EDIT* : My glyphs are Obliterate, Blood Strike, and Death and Decay as my major, and Raise dead, Pestilence, and Horn of winter as my minor

Try it out, and i hope you can make it work.

Psysia is correct, I play a DK myself and have played both the 32/39 spec and the 51/0/20 spec and they are the highest dps. Try those out and you will be fine. Oh, and if you do 32/39 dual wield spec, two fast weapons is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Dorden
    How can you be so conserned about overall damage... I give my everything on bosses and then just "relax" at trash while still doing some nice FoK damage... Don't know about you but for me boss damage is everything.
    Well - the overall damage I just put some concern on because it shows me building some consistency over time and being an effective player.

I look at deaths, amount of healing I required, my actions, everything.... Boss damage is huge and I look at current fight for that in recount but if I sustain my overall I'm working toward higher Boss DPS as well.

I think those are all important if you don't want to suck.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me

Quote Originally Posted by Dorden
    Overall is important as well, afterall the less time you spend between bosses, the more quickly you're done and out of there for the night. I don't know about you, but there's something nice about clearing Maly, Sarth and Naxx in under 3 and a half hours that's just .... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragaarn
    Psysia is correct, I play a DK myself and have played both the 32/39 spec and the 51/0/20 spec and they are the highest dps. Try those out and you will be fine. Oh, and if you do 32/39 dual wield spec, two fast weapons is the best

Ahh

You aren't cookie cutter builds and doing 4k+ damage I've seen plenty of cookie cutters out there and most all Pug's I'm ever in suck hard and I'm usually #1 if not top 3 in pugs. Pugs suck so hard especially since you are doing the most work and the only one living through fights lol I feel like I'm working backwards when I'm out trying to get my skills up.

But my guild is good and they rape me for breakfast and I'd like to be able to be worthy of their main raids eventually.

SO my gear should be good enough for 51/0/20?.. and I suppose I'd need to spec that with a single weapon?

What about my sockets I've been concerned about my hit and expertise but I know strength is important too but I didn't socket so much for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohorn
    Overall is important as well, afterall the less time you spend between bosses, the more quickly you're done and out of there for the night. I don't know about you, but there's something nice about clearing Maly, Sarth and Naxx in under 3 and a half hours that's just .... nice.
    Maly and Sarth are pretty quick - so you pull a 2.5ish Naxx and leave and hour for the other 2?

Quote Originally Posted by coppermine18

Ahh

You aren't cookie cutter builds and doing 4k+ damage I've seen plenty of cookie cutters out there and most all Pug's I'm ever in suck hard and I'm usually #1 if not top 3 in pugs. Pugs suck so hard especially since you are doing the most work and the only one living through fights lol I feel like I'm working backwards when I'm out trying to get my skills up.

But my guild is good and they rape me for breakfast and I'd like to be able to be worthy of their main raids eventually.

SO my gear should be good enough for 51/0/20?.. and I suppose I'd need to spec that with a single weapon?

What about my sockets I've been concerned about my hit and expertise but I know strength is important too but I didn't socket so much for it.
    Expertise i wouldnt worry about for now...theres a talent in the blood tree that gives you 5 expertise, hit rating...well i have 226 and im just fine in raids, out of raids however i have a spiked titansteel helm that i use for heroics/soloing. Gems.....16strength...thats basically it...I lvled jewelcrafting to put prismatic 27str gems in yellow/blue sockets that gave me extra strength as well, im sitting at about 3800AP, with 226 hit, 30% crit, and 35 expertise (im way above capped i know)

Quote Originally Posted by Psysia
    At the moment, the highest dps specs are the Dual weild 0/32/39 and the diseaseless 51/0/20. I am currently using 51/0/20 with a OB > HS > DC rotation ( yea its retardedly easy) In that rotation however you will find you have gaps between using spells at the beginning, but it still puts up high numbers. This spec is really only doable with good gear, and your gear is really similar to mine. Last week i pulled 4.4k dps on patchwerk with a 51/13/7 spec. This week i was over 5.2k with my new 51/0/20. My total dps was 4.1k dps and my avg dps on bosses was 4.8k

*EDIT* : My glyphs are Obliterate, Blood Strike, and Death and Decay as my major, and Raise dead, Pestilence, and Horn of winter as my minor

Thank you I'll have to try that...

Are those the only 3 in the rotation - .... if not what's the full rotation you use cause I figured I'd see PS and IT at least like everything else

Also when do you use pestilence and death and decay? ... cause I don't know when the best time to use them is I currently would use pestilence after IT and PS cause I took it your target needed the dots to spread them etc (if I'm wrong here correct me) etc

Do you stay in blood presence?

As myself having 17/0/54 i've done pretty much in every naxx raid about 4.5k dps.That's by having UB up all the time and using every single aoe skills whenever cd's are off and mostly winning my guilds dps meters in overalldps. Our naxx raids last about 2h or bit more. Also i have done 5.3k dps on patchwerk with this build so i dont see any reasons for me to chance my spec. The priority is to have UB up all the time and using AOE cd's in this order UB>DND>diseases>pestilence>Ub and after that i'll slack till mobs are dead and so on

On bosses i use this rotation PT-IT-ST-UB-ST-DC-ST-ST-DC-DC-ST-UB
    Yes i'm using ST glyph

It really depends on the group too, if your guild is slower at clearing mobs/bosses then your overall dps will go down because your cooldowns arnt up as often. In guilds where everyone is over 4.5k dps on most bosses, its rly easy to get as high as 6k dps. but when you have stragglers in your raid pulling 2.5-3.5k dps, its hard to see your numbers go over 5.5k imo

Well actually for UH DK when mobs are going down fast your dps suffers from that. And thats because you cant get every AOE spell up and maybe DND and 10sec UB are only spells you can get up before mobs are dead where as mages,hunters,warlocks,rogues do insane dps.

Sartharion with 3drakes is one of the best fights where i can pull best out of myself because i can get +5k dps there when working perfectly or even more.

If you were looking to stay as UH i might suggest putting points into desecration for the 5% extra dmg which will help

first of all, 51/0/20 spec, your last glyph should be the ghoul glyph.
    for this spec, if you want to pull of uber dps, YOU MUST HAVE SIGIL OF AWARENESS, or else don't even think about it. 51/0/20 is a raid spec, if you go 5man heroic or test dummy don't wish to see high dps.

also, if your gear is BiS and your rotation is perfect but your patchwerk dps is still like 5k then check how long your boss fight was. If it was 5-6 mins, 5k is pretty good.

Expertise i wouldnt worry about for now...theres a talent in the blood tree that gives you 5 expertise, hit rating...well i have 226 and im just fine in raids, out of raids however i have a spiked titansteel helm that i use for heroics/soloing. Gems.....16strength...thats basically it...I lvled jewelcrafting to put prismatic 27str gems in yellow/blue sockets that gave me extra strength as well, im sitting at about 3800AP, with 226 hit, 30% crit, and 35 expertise (im way above capped i know)
    You need 263 hit to be melee capped, take away 1% if you can guarantee you have a draenei in group every single time you raid. (1% being 32.79 rating)

I'd rather cap hit to be sure, expertise is also a much more valuable stat the more melee strikes there are in your rotations. 21 rating for DPS is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moohorn
    Your Naxx speed is a lot more depending on your trash pulling speed and how long you take time to divide loots. Yes trash killing speed ofcourse affects.

I spent a bunch of time on the training dummy just trying to max out what DPS I get on it (though I know it will be different in varying circumstances) but I have these questions...

1. What is the best way to attack a single target with 17/0/54 Should I AOE at all? DND/UB etc
    2. What is the best way to attack a mob with the same (see below)

ie; DND first or IT, PS and then pestilence AND when you see that the DOT's are wearing down do you IT, PS and use pestilence again? When is blood boil best used?

Right now for mob I lay down DND, then PS, IT, Pestilence, UB, BB then start into Scourge Strike, and at that point it just seems Death coil is available etc...

I think I waste my cooldowns and runic power too fast because I still just get kind of lost in my rotations and instead of instinctually knowing what to do my lack of experience guides me to 'just do whatever works at the time'.