Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    http://wmo.178.com/rank/clazz/dps/pal/6/0/3

look at patchwerk fight then look for me. thats my best try so far. being not hit or expertise capped and 1300 str unbuffed.

you did 4400 dps on him, while being expertise and hitcapped, with 1350 strength unbuffed?

this cant be serious...

Umm yeah Patchwerk is the ultimate DPS test right? My patchwerk parse is a 2m51s fight. Which means we were going for the achievement. Which means, every precaution was taken to ensure no DPS died. Which means, all melee were asked to jump into the slime any time they hit 80% HP to avoid getting an accidental Hateful.

15+ Year Old Account

patchwerk is all about threat, not hp anymore. dipping slime is no use. the 2nd highest threat in melee range gets hatefull bolts.

and yeah patchwerk is a pretty good dps test because you stand still and do nothing else but dps.

i looked at your wws and to be quite honest i call bs... exact number is 4,469 dps - i did better than that back when i still had grim toll and i wasnt a jewel crafter WITH black ice. i pulled 4.7k with my pugrades im siting at 5-5.2k so dont start the bs with me dude. any TRUE ret paladin is going to call bs on your post in a heart beat.

this is the exact same wws you linked me set to the patchy fight - http://wowwebstats.com/sqwaf6llda5no?m&s=410841-442019

edit: just saw your armory with pve gear on. lets see - meta wrong - gem in chest wrong no 4 set wrong. you could get so much more dps if you learned how to theorycraft and did reserch.

patchwerk is all about threat, not hp anymore. dipping slime is no use. the 2nd highest threat in melee range gets hatefull bolts.

and yeah patchwerk is a pretty good dps test because you stand still and do nothing else but dps.
    I am quite unaware of this change, and so is my guild. If this is infact the case, I will post another parse on Tuesday. It should also be quite clear, I dont have the best weapon in the game (yet) nor do I have all i213 gear, but I will still reiterate that Hit and Expertise cap will take you to far greater deapths DPS-wise than strength alone.

the ONLY reason you are siting at 1375 str is your wepon. if you swiched it out to a proper wepon you would have 1259 unless you got jawbone at wich point it would stay the same.

altruistic

Quote Originally Posted by funkymillah
    I am quite unaware of this change, and so is my guild. If this is infact the case, I will post another parse on Tuesday. It should also be quite clear, I dont have the best weapon in the game (yet) nor do I have all i213 gear, but I will still reiterate that Hit and Expertise cap will take you to far greater deapths DPS-wise than strength alone.
    You are wrong. This isn't TBC anymore. Having your own opinion is great and all that but this isn't an area where opinion matters. Stats can be tested and weighted. The math has already been done for you. Regardless of hit or exp cap strength is more DPS than either of them. You no longer have to push for cap before worrying about stacking strength. Doing so will gimp you of too much strength and you'll actually lose DPS. Personally I don't like it. I hate misses and dodges but that's just the way it is.

I have a ret as an alt so I'm not gonna claim to be all knowing but from I saw of your gear for the love of god replace either your chest or helm (probably chest) with t7 so you can get 4 piece bonus. You will lose some stats but make up for it and then some with more judgements.

15+ Year Old Account

shamelessly copied some tekst for you from EJ forum - http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t37843-r...d_wrath_3_0_a/

Stats (In order of importance)
    Strength
    Our best DPS stat, as we have various talents that multiply it's effect. 1 STR gives you 2 AP baseline, multiplied by 1.15 from Divine Strength (Tier 1 Prot) giving us 2.3 AP per STR when specced. This number is further affected by buffs such as BoK. You should be stacking as much STR as possible via gemming and so on.

Hit See Observations
    32.8 rating gives you 1% hit. At level 80, we require 263 hit rating, or 8%, to be hit capped on white swings, specials, and judgements. Note that Exorcism and Consecration are considered spells and use the spell hit table, thus we can still miss with these abilities. You want to be hit capped to maximize (and stabilize) your DPS, but any hit after the cap is wasted itemization points, so gear accordingly. Please note that with current gear itemization, hit capping is very difficult and it is generally better to have a healthy balance of stats. Generally you should not gem/enchant for hit.

Expertise
    Introduced in late BC, this stat allows us to remove dodges from the attack table when attacking from behind, as melee often does! You need 26 Expertise (214 rating, 6.5%) to cap this stat; much like hit, any expertise after the cap is wasted. Capping this stat is a significant dps increase vs uncapped (or none at all) as it affects our whites, strikes, and SoB. Similar to hit, capping this is extremely difficult to do without gimping your other stats given current itemization.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Thunderstorm

get this gear, use abilities on CD, enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator

switching weapon for BoH and switching neck for the maly quest would increase dps more.

switching weapon for BoH and switching neck for the maly quest would increase dps more.
    I quit playing wow 2 months ago in favor of RL.
    BoH I have never seen drop even though we had cleared naxx25 from the first week of its existance.
    According to lootrank.com (a resource the OP should maybe consider looking @) BoH was a marginal upgrade yes, but not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator

Not using 4th set bonus is just /facepalm, so is your crit and second trinket, should I mention cloak and your incredible libram?

You shouldn't say, "get this gear" as if your gear was a template to his success, especially not when it's worse than what he's got.

Are you kidding me or are you really just a douche? Hit rating is extremely important for a Ret pally and Expertise is about equally important. You are sitting at 7 expertise, and you are pulling 5.2k DPS on patchwerk. Show me a parse of your WWS or WMO. Hit and expertise are really not that hard to come by in Wotlk, you shouldnt even have to Gem for it.

I have 3700 unbuffed attack power and I am expertise/hit capped. Strength: I have ~1350, Crit: 33% and I only have 3/5 valorous. T7.5 is not the most ideal Ret gear in WotLK. Non set epics are far more powerful. I crap all over mages and warlocks in any heroic raid and its not because I have 1350 Strength. I've had 1350 strength for almost 2 months now, its because of my recent hit and expertise cap. Research more or play another class.

As a side not, if you really have the Valorous helm equipped for PvE, you are a douche.
    This post made me laugh so hard my flat mate came in the room. Not only are you oh so very wrong when it comes to itemisation as lots of peeps have pointed out so i wont go further into that point but the best bit is how proud you are of being 'capped' then in your linked wws you have 33 misses 20 parries and 12 dodges....

you are aware that if you were capped these would all be zero right?

Thanks again for a brilliant post where you not only manage to call lots of peeps bad words when they are in fact correct but then to go on and boast about yourself and follow on to disprove yourself.

ok On topic: As iktankniet points out as long as you go go for that str and make sure your enchants and gems all make sense then its just a matter of watching those timings and doing your best on popping cooldowns, good luck!

If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...