Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: I'm tired of winning 8 straight arenas

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    lolarena

Edit:
    Just so we're clear on the issue, my 2s partner and I went 8-3 one week and lost 150 rating. Hence my original response.
    You never edited your post.

Quote Originally Posted by BoMyJangles
    You never edited your post.
    He lied twice in that post! No edit AND I'm pretty sure he didn't lose 60~ points per match and win 2-3 points per match.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by andreas na pellanete

this... god dammit. every week i play arena.. and i have say 20 wins 17 loss and im 2,3 points under with 3 matches won

WTF???do not tell me about secret rating and BS im sick of those theories.. i want the game when i win i win when i lose to lose
    not when i win i win half and when i lose i lose double
    i love the way you put this lol
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezekiah
    Then lose and have our score go down lower then before we started. QQ

I don't understand why it's like that ;( Care to explain? Also we fight people in full valorous when in savage gladiator. no epics
    The reason for this is quite simple. They implemented the new system mid-season. The ratings were set and yet the hidden rating for everyone was 1500. Meaning 2100 rated ppl would face 1300 rated ppl and still gain 15rating or more (during the first week of broken arena play).

That's the sole reason ppl were at 2500+ when this system changes came on live. For the ppl who havent played arena before the change, it's hard, if not impossible to get to a glad rating, for they'll win 4-6 points per win, and loose about 15-20 for a loss. Keeping a 3-1 W-L ratio is needed or higher even.

Blame blizzard.

Went 17-23. Started at 1500. Ended around 1360.

Not a single loss ever lost less than 12 points.
    Only 2 wins out of the 17 gained more than 8 points.

I understand the whole if you lose to a worse team thing. But it seems in the entire 40 games we never played a team higher than 1500. Just luck of the draw with matchups seems that we will lose at least 10% of those. Then maybe when we finally start to play 1600ish teams and win 40% of those we stay around 1600.

Whatever. I'm bad, I know I'm bad. But this system gives me absolutely zero reason to continue in it for points. I still may play if my friend wants to do some games as at least it was enjoyable. I didn't get stomped every time, won nearly 50% of the games, and no games lasted longer than 3 minutes. Thats all I ask really.

At least if I go clear naxx I have a shot at improveing my character. I could go 50% in 500 arena matchs and still be rated 1300. If thats what it takes for the high end arena players to be happy and push every lower end pvper out of arena then enjoy the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandil
    Went 17-23. Started at 1500. Ended around 1360.

Not a single loss ever lost less than 12 points.
    Only 2 wins out of the 17 gained more than 8 points.

I understand the whole if you lose to a worse team thing. But it seems in the entire 40 games we never played a team higher than 1500. Just luck of the draw with matchups seems that we will lose at least 10% of those. Then maybe when we finally start to play 1600ish teams and win 40% of those we stay around 1600.

Whatever. I'm bad, I know I'm bad. But this system gives me absolutely zero reason to continue in it for points. I still may play if my friend wants to do some games as at least it was enjoyable. I didn't get stomped every time, won nearly 50% of the games, and no games lasted longer than 3 minutes. Thats all I ask really.

At least if I go clear naxx I have a shot at improveing my character. I could go 50% in 500 arena matchs and still be rated 1300. If thats what it takes for the high end arena players to be happy and push every lower end pvper out of arena then enjoy the system.
    Did you play on any teams earlier this season that did poorly? Did you then leave that team, and join a new 1500 team? If you did, this is why you got pushed so low. The system was fast-tracking your team rating to your matchmaking rating, which is probably around 1300.

The truth is the only way to get out of a rut like that is to win most of your games, and it kind of makes sense. Want to prove you dno't belong in the 1300s? Prove it by beating every team in the 1300s that you play, and you will move up to the 1400s, ect.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rydan
    Well when i was in the 1500-1700 bracket believe me it was fucking immensely difficult through rating losses of retarded measures but once we got into 2k the win/loss was just about even maybe its because we enjoy playing during peak hours for other skilled teams and at which point we don't loss to teams in 1700 because out bracket is filled with viable teams and people who play retarded combo's that can never surpass 1600 but keep everyone else low is also another common factor you have to think about here. im sure we've all seen though's teams an beat their heads against a wall because that could possibly be the only team to counter you but i promise you if you get good with your partner and buckle down to achieve you will be rewarded and i feel everyone's pain because i have to won 10+ games ina row then hit a dry spell go 11-3 and feel robbed to have only gained 25-30+ rating because on average we win 8-10 points a game in 2k bracket to only gain that much is ridiculous.
    Periods.

Try them.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Did you play on any teams earlier this season that did poorly? Did you then leave that team, and join a new 1500 team? If you did, this is why you got pushed so low. The system was fast-tracking your team rating to your matchmaking rating, which is probably around 1300.

The truth is the only way to get out of a rut like that is to win most of your games, and it kind of makes sense. Want to prove you dno't belong in the 1300s? Prove it by beating every team in the 1300s that you play, and you will move up to the 1400s, ect.
    The characters had never set foot in arena since lvl 70. If it matters I don't think any characters on the accounts have either.

I don't necessarily need/want to get out of that bracket. I just look at the numbers though and if every team was roughly where I was in rating ever loss required 2 wins just to get back to even. It seems like I get screwed if I get placed against much lower ranked teams right now. I can hit a bad comp team or get bursted down and lose a ton of points. But if I do that I get like 4 pts. If I were always placed against 1700 rating teams I would lose like 80-90% of them but at the end have a record of like 2-10 and probably still at the same rating I started at.

I was entertained for ~2 hours given that I played 40 games instead of just 10. In the end thats really all the matters. But for the arena system in general, once that entertainment value goes away from me, I just don't arena anymore. I don't see how that is good for arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion
    Periods.

Try them.
    Most people don't speak english as their first language.

Please note: Semicolons; try them.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

what is so hard to get it if you win (8/random number) worser teams you get few points but when you lose much worser team ofc you lose much points how hard that is to understand

so don't lose worser teams if you don't want to lose point simple as that

This system is wrong when you hit 1930 rating in 2s with a NEGATIVE win-loss ratio... ???

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Stop making useless QQ posts just because you cannot comprehend the new (and MUCH better) rating system!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Lol if you won 8 times for 0 points, then lost 3 times for the maximum available... thats barely half of what you said.
    Ever heard of Xzibit?

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7909/7c0eb1c4b6rk8.png

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Try Rogue + Priest, it's really great. Every third team is a hard counter to us. We're 2160 and I still don't even have Hot Streak.
    Not that this really fits to this topic, but yea. Get a rogue and play with a priest, or why dont you play with a shaman? Or get a rogue and play with a retri, or a mage, or a druid, or a paladin. Ah well, just take any class + a rogue and your in for a treat.

Anyways, back to the topic. I agree that the ratingsystem is quite "strange?" and i sure havent sorted it out yet. Im currently playing on 2k rating in 2vs2. Besides that the queues are always very very bad, we always meet the same teams. And this goes for a big chunk of the teams we meet, if we loose we loose tons of points, and obviously doesnt win much when we do. But just hang in there, eventually you'll go up in rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neba
    *upon Arthas death*
    "Well done! But your Frostmourne is in another castle."
    *hurls Frostmourne over the horizon to the next expansion*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaska
    If no other teams are available, you may be going to face a team much lower or higher than yourself.
    Yes, even if the system is working flawlessly.
    I think you are missing the point of this thread. The argument is that when going against teams that do have a higher rating and winning the points gained are minimal compared to what is lost if you lose to even higher rated teams.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    I think you are missing the point of this thread. The argument is that when going against teams that do have a higher rating and winning the points gained are minimal compared to what is lost if you lose to even higher rated teams.
    Working as intended. At 2400+ ratings ,you need over a 70% win ratio to basically continue to move up.

I'm an undergeared Mage (14043hp, 314resi, 1114sp) and I started 2v2 with a Rogue (also undergeared). We've started in this new system. With this system we've played 48 matches, 25 wins - 23 loss. Our rating is 1236.

This is due the fact that we lost around 25+ rating when we lost a fight and we only won around 0-5 rating when we won a fight. That really sucks.

HOWEVER - I've talked to a GM about this and he told me that the Hidden Rating of me and my Rogue were not set yet. This was causing the strange rating changes after wins/losses. After around 50 matches the Hidden Rating should have found a stable rating and everything should be normal.

Well, I have played 48 matches and right now I win around 10-13 rating after a win and lose around 10-13 after a loss. So it seems that the GM which I have spoken to is right.

Well time for me to get some non-set epics and shed of those greenies/blues and get some skills.
    /Zetsumei

Quote Originally Posted by Zus
    Working as intended. At 2400+ ratings ,you need over a 70% win ratio to basically continue to move up.
    No... Just no. If you are 2400 and you play a 2400 team, you only require a 51% ratio to continue moving up. No where, ever, will you require anything greater than winning slighly over half the games you play against THE SAME RATED TEAMS to improve. You may, however, require a 70% win percentage against 2325-2350 rated teams to stay at 2400. This is the difference.

It's not complicated people. What bothers people is that they cant SEE their hidden rating, so they still assume it's close to their team rating. Hidden rating moves up or down MUCH faster than team rating, unless you are starting a new team or a new partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleregis
    No... Just no. If you are 2400 and you play a 2400 team, you only require a 51% ratio to continue moving up. No where, ever, will you require anything greater than winning slighly over half the games you play against THE SAME RATED TEAMS to improve. You may, however, require a 70% win percentage against 2325-2350 rated teams to stay at 2400. This is the difference.
    Actually yes. The reason being that as you progress higher, there are less teams that are higher than or equal to you, which places the odds that you will playing against lesser ranked teams. Because you are playing against lesser ranked teams, you must win a greater percentage to continue to progress higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zus
    Actually yes. The reason being that as you progress higher, there are less teams that are higher than or equal to you, which places the odds that you will playing against lesser ranked teams. Because you are playing against lesser ranked teams, you must win a greater percentage to continue to progress higher.
    You're automatically assuming every battlegroup is the same, and that the same percentage of people at 2400 play the same average ranked team. This simply isnt the case. The only numbers you can state with certainty is that if two teams of the exact same rating play, and Team A wins 51% of the time or more, they will eventually move up.

There is no way you can claim 70% is a standard number of wins you need in order to progress past 2400.