Tracking Flame Shock

Hello

I have recently started getting problems with X-Perl and it is no longer in development so I need to look at swopping to another unit frames (I like having mine and my target portrait down beneath my character) however after trying Perl and Pitbull I am having some problems with them but my main annoyance is tracking Flame Shock...

Basically with X-Perl it used larger icons for my debuff on targets and so made it obvious enough for me to keep it up however with the others I have not been able to find out how to only show my debuffs or more to the point to make them large enough to easily see them.

So I am asking what addons you use to track your Flame Shock debuff on the target?

Re: Tracking Flame Shock

while i don't use it for flameshock/dps debuffs, i use classtimer for tracking riptide/earth shield on my focus (aka: tank).

i use this for my paladin as well. you can set it for your target as well, and track only specific buffs/debuffs. it might take a little customizing, but i love it.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lasstimer.aspx

Depending what type/how many addons you like to use, you could try Quartz or something similar and have a debuff bar on your target as well as using it's other useful bars.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/quartz.aspx

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I couldnt find that option in pitbull

But in my case (im resto) DoTimer was a savior. Lets me track my Riptide (and ElW) on target. And in your case can help you with flame shock.

You can remove every other effect, and set it below your target debuff list, as its only debuff you need to see tbh

If someone knows how to set it in pitbull it would be nice to know

In Pitbull, if you want to track a debuff you put on your target, such as the flame shock dot, simply go into the Pitbull config menu, select the "Target" waterfall dropdown, then "Other", then "Auras". I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think "Auras" is a drop down in and of itself, and I believe "Enable" is a choice in that menu.

Enable will have 2 check boxes, one for buffs and one for debuffs. If you enable debuffs on your target, it should show icons under their frame for any particular debuffs, and I believe you can set it to give priority to the debuffs you place upon the target.

I do this in reverse, for my party and raid frames in Pitbull, to show me who is in range of my totems.

I'm giving this info off the top of my head, not reading off the in-game options, so use it as a guide, not the exact way to modify these settings... A bit of digging around the Target > Other > Auras section should give you the info you need to configure Pitbull to show your flame shock to your heart's content.

Of course.... I personally would use Elkano's Buff Bars for that purpose, but hey, to each their own.

You can use NeedToKnow. I personally prefer it over the other "timers" since I can choose which spells to track on my hunter (SS, mark, LnL) without having all kinds of other bars appearing on my screen.

Since its only flameshock I personally use Power Auras, just because I like pretty things so I don't have to concentrate on debuffs and can concentrate on dodging those all important fires and fluffy kittens
    Takes a while to get used to but imo, much better on the eyes and is much more interesting than watching some bars count down

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

If you want good thing for showing who's in range of your totems, then go for new TotemTimers.

Newest version shows if you're in range (if you ever move) and how many raid/party members ARENT in range of your totems. If yo hoover with mouse other an icon it will show names of people.

Also its not as spammy as one could think, cause totems are divided into categories. For example casters arent counted towards Windfury, and melee arent towards Wrath of Air.

Same for Mana Spring, Flametongue, SoE, and others Very handy imo.

Also my version of pitbull just have Enable Buffs/Debuffs, nothing to change with my own buffs/debuffs on target maybe newest version has it? anyone could confirm? ).

Pitbull can only filter out everything but what you say and make said debuffs/buffs bigger, it can't do what the Blizzard UI and Perl do

They may add this in Pitbull4 but it isn't added at the moment

Well thanks for the information, I was looking around some more and yes DoTimter looks like the better choice for me and I had forgotten about it despite using older versions for ages on my aff warlock and prot warr (tracking cooldowns in the old days when threat generation was key) in Kara.

I just need to decide if I will go with some other unit frames than XPerl or not, I know it isnt maintained but havent really had any bugs with it.

I use pitbull, and have only Player, Target, and Target's Target enabled, so it cuts down on memory usage, and it runes VERY smooth, better than XPerl IMO, and I have been using X-perl for the last year of BC up until last week.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

IceHud2 and problems solved, shows everything u need in the buffs/debuffs lists (includes running seconds of this and that left, your own buffs/debuffs bigger etc)

your problem if you dont like hud-alike stuff :P