Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Odd things my guild finds astonishing, though i thought were smart.

I do 10 and 25 man raids with my guildies all the time and here are a few things my guildies find humorous or brilliant when i do them in raids.

On 10 man Gluth I am a kiter. I summoned AotD on the newly spawning adds after the first decimate and sat back while they tanked them for about 10 secs before i needed to run. my healer thought this was genius. I just was too lazy to run.

On kel during P1 I'll drop dnd under incoming banshees and skeles while fighting aboms. First time i did this vent erupted with remarks on how good of an idea this was.

Two questions. One are my guildies just morons? and anyone have any other raid things ppl in guild thought was brilliant?
    Hi.

Re: Odd things my guild finds astonishing, though i thought were smart.

i can solo kite gluth 10 with a healer as unholy (and no mages/hunters/shaman in the raid) and can still wipe debuff stacks inbetween decimates so... that's not that impressive. I don't really understand the KT P1 thing. what's the point of that? You only get a couple mobs at a time and you can 1 shot them...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

As a hunter, I once had a tank give me a rather large amount of praise for MDing a runaway add to him in VH.
    I was amused. It's like being given 5 bucks for stopping at a stop sign.

a player playing one class cant fully understand how other class work unless they have been playing that class for a while. That said there would be no need to call your guildies morons. you saw an opportunity to improve the raid and you did it that makes you a good player while your guildies did not know about that and were surprised and only praised you.

while this doesnt make your guildies morons but kinda makes you a dick.

Yeah 10 man kiting is easy. but my shammy healer thought it was brilliant. he just stood there and laughed.

the kel P1 thing is just because i'm bored. but it'll mean that if a ranged isn't paying attn. things will dies or at least have less health when they wake up.
    Hi.

I asked are they morons, not calling them morons.

That being said yes i can be a dick.
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by blancawolfcc
    the kel P1 thing is just because i'm bored. but it'll mean that if a ranged isn't paying attn. things will dies or at least have less health when they wake up.
    You could of course use the runes on something more useful :P Depending on your spec, Icy Touch will one shot the skeletons, as will Death Coil. If you are meant to be killing the abom then attack that and let your ranged deal with the ranged adds

Your guildies and yourself just sound a little over enthusiastic. I thought the comment about 5 bucks for stopping at a stop sign hit the nail on the head

I've solo kited 10m Gluth adds on my rogue with double crippling. FoK, gouge, deadly throw, evasion, sprint, CloS to wipe debuffs and a dps shaman dropping earthbind. I didn't think it was particularly remarkable either, just making use of some of my class's strengths in that situation. However, people were impressed. I think knowing your class to an extent above the norm is what makes you an above-average player.

Im usually the 10m/25m gluth kiter.. Fairly easy (Glyph of Blood boil.. Chillblains, and Hungering cold when decimate happens)

lol this is a great post lots of ppl patting themselves on the back for kiting gluth adds. Pretty sure anyone can do it if they feel like trying it. I have done it as a boomkin. I have seen a holy pally do it. Seen DKs do it, hunters, mages. trying to think what class would most impress me. Probably a enh shammy.

I impressed the hell out of a kiting hunter in a Naxx pug just by tossing a Thunderstorm every time I moved back to drop a new Earthbind. Take the praise, it doesn't always come so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    lol this is a great post lots of ppl patting themselves on the back for kiting gluth adds. Pretty sure anyone can do it if they feel like trying it. I have done it as a boomkin. I have seen a holy pally do it. Seen DKs do it, hunters, mages. trying to think what class would most impress me. Probably a enh shammy.
    I've seen an enh shammy do it...

Priest?

Arms Warrior would impress me...

Not because it would be hard for them to do...but because you just don't see them in raids...

This is where the posts will start about how "my guild has an Arms warrior and he owns dps all the time"...it's not about that shut it.

I do 10 and 25 man raids with my guildies all the time and here are a few things my guildies find humorous or brilliant when i do them in raids.

On 10 man Gluth I am a kiter. I summoned AotD on the newly spawning adds after the first decimate and sat back while they tanked them for about 10 secs before i needed to run. my healer thought this was genius. I just was too lazy to run.

On kel during P1 I'll drop dnd under incoming banshees and skeles while fighting aboms. First time i did this vent erupted with remarks on how good of an idea this was.

Two questions. One are my guildies just morons? and anyone have any other raid things ppl in guild thought was brilliant?
    Are you the only girl in a hormonally raging sausage-fest teen guild? I just can't see "vent erupting" with good remarks about those ideas.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Two questions. One are my guildies just morons?
    "Moron" is a strong word...maybe easily impressed.

ITT, someone who doesn't know how to take compliments.

No I am a guy. There are a few girls in m guild but they aren't showered with compliments they just get whatever they want free. vanity pets, flying skill you name it.
    Hi.

My funny gluth story, 25 man gluth we killed him RIGHT before a decimate. All the adds were still up and they have a shit ton of health until they get decimated to low hp. One of the kiters was happy we won, and ended up dying. Don't really remember what happened to the other...point is i as the DK tank decided to pick them all up...didn't take long to have them all on me and i just tanked em all while the dps ae'd...a minute later or so i had an 88 stack of the debuff and was taking a whopping 8800 more dmg per swing...it was pretty entertaining...i survived it and people in vent were laughing.

It just makes me sad they are nerfing the hell outta me in 3.1...was nice being a ridiculous tank =P

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    As a hunter, I once had a tank give me a rather large amount of praise for MDing a runaway add to him in VH.
    I was amused. It's like being given 5 bucks for stopping at a stop sign.
    That may give you an idea of the kind of hunters he was used to play with (feing what?)

Or maybe of how he does play his hunter alt. Or both.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"