Prot paly weapon speed?

I have discussed it with different people numerous times but thought I would get feedback from others browsing here. Does weapon speed really make a difference for us? I currently use Last Laugh but others state that the Broken Promise is still better for us cuz its slower. What are your thoughts.....

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot paly weapon speed?

Not sure, but the maximum weapon damage on the broken promise is at what 530? and the Last laugh max weap damage is 347? So if anythign you would get larger HotR hits.....
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

weapon speed doesnt rly matter for a paladin - just watch the DPS(not the end dmg of a wep). i personally find last laugh pretty good right now, i have both slayer and broken promise and i get higher tps with last laugh. combined with reckoning its priceless. the only reason you might consider swaping last laugh with something else preulduar is avoidance.

Stop, lol here is the end of this discussion... =p

HotR now scales with weapon DPS so whatever wep dps is the highest will produce the most threat.

Hammer of the Righteous
    Hammer the current target and up to 2 additional nearby targets, causing 4 times your main hand damage per second as Holy damage.
    6% of base mana, 5 yd range, Instant cast, 6 sec cooldown

broken promise just looks cool =p but last laugh is still better

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak
    Not sure, but the maximum weapon damage on the broken promise is at what 530? and the Last laugh max weap damage is 347? So if anythign you would get larger HotR hits.....
    No.

HotR hits for 4 times your DPS. It does not hit for 4 weapon swings. Here's an example:

Weapon A hits for 2.6 damage every 2.6 seconds. 1dps = 4 damage on HotR
    Weapon B hits for 1 damage every 1 second. 1dps = 4 damage on HotR

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    No.

HotR hits for 4 times your DPS. It does not hit for 4 weapon swings. Here's an example:

Weapon A hits for 2.6 damage every 2.6 seconds. 1dps = 4 damage on HotR
    Weapon B hits for 1 damage every 1 second. 1dps = 4 damage on HotR
    Was there a point to that, seriously?

he just showed that two weapons of different speed with the same dps yield the same amount of tps

It's already been established hammer is not affected by weapon speed. I believe the OP question was, more directly, inquiring about various seals which can be affected by speed. Unfortunately, the primary tanking seal of choice (Seal of Vengeance / Corruption) does not change its overall DPS or TPS based on weapon speed. At best it can allow stacks of the DoT to build up quicker or make them less likely to fall off with faster swings, but that's it.