Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preparing for Ulduar

I'm an Alch/Herb but I also have Cooking/Fishing. I have one question: What are good pots/elixirs/flasks/fish/food to stock up for Ulduar? I'm asking from a gold-making point of view.

I know of a few for sure:

Potion of Wild Magic
    Potion of Speed
    Elixir of Mighty Agility
    Flask of Endless Rage
    Flask of the Frost Wyrm
    Flask of Stoneblood

Is Elixir of Mighty Strength/Mighty Thoughts worth stocking up? Also, what types of fish or food would be best to stock up on (I'm completely stumped on this one)?

Also, I know gems and enchanting mats will be another thing to stock up, but I'm stockpiling more of this stuff because of my professions.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Preparing for Ulduar

do some research on what food buffs different classes uses, but from the top of my head i can tell you these will sell well:

agility
    spellpower
    strength
    attackpower
    crit (?)

and i wouldnt say mighty agility would sell very well, since the flask is much better for any dps class and persists through death

Musselback Sculpin
    Glacial Salmon
    Nettlefish

Those are the fish you should stock up on because with the decrease in the skill required to max cooking, more people are gonna want fish feasts for raids. I myself and farming 20 fish feasts a day in prep for ulduar and I am just keeping them in the bank. Only takes an hour or so to farm for 20 feasts and should make some decent bank if you sold the raw fish.

Giantslayer enchant on your wep? Seeing that ulduar is full of giant bosses...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/Fierypowah/GSfail.jpg

GS has ruined the game.

Dont stack up flasks. when 3.1 hits you will create 2 flasks for the mats of 1. This will reduce the selling price.

Quote Originally Posted by ZapNady
    Dont stack up flasks. when 3.1 hits you will create 2 flasks for the mats of 1. This will reduce the selling price.

....only lasting half the time, so people would need to buy twice as many flasks, which would result in little or no change in final cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul

....only lasting half the time, so people would need to buy twice as many flasks, which would result in little or no change in final cost.
    Example:

Today
    Flask cost now: 50g (7 Lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You recive 1 flask, 2 hours duration.

After patch
    Flask cost: 25g (7 lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You will recive 2 flasks, but the duration is reduced to 1 hour.

So if he stacks up now, he wont get 2x flasks, but he will get 1x.

Do not create flasks pre patch, save your money.

15+ Year Old Account

Today
    Flask cost now: 50g (7 Lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You recive 1 flask, 2 hours duration.

After patch
    Flask cost: 25g (7 lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You will recive 2 flasks, but the duration is reduced to 1 hour.
    If we assume these costs: 7 lichbloom = 21g, 1 3 fire leaf = 15g, 1 Frost Lotus = 15g it costs ~ 51g to make 1 2-hour flask on live.

On the PTR the cost of the mats is STILL 51g, but now you get 2 1-hour flasks. There is no change in price, this is not a nerf, it is catering to the new casual raider who won't flask if there is only 1 hour left in the raid since it costs SO much and they don't want to waste the flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    If we assume these costs: 7 lichbloom = 21g, 1 3 fire leaf = 15g, 1 Frost Lotus = 15g it costs ~ 51g to make 1 2-hour flask on live.

On the PTR the cost of the mats is STILL 51g, but now you get 2 1-hour flasks. There is no change in price, this is not a nerf, it is catering to the new casual raider who won't flask if there is only 1 hour left in the raid since it costs SO much and they don't want to waste the flask.
    Ok, ill try to explain my self again...(and better)

What i meen is that if you make 500 flasks after the patch, you will end up with 1000 flasks.
    If you make 500 flasks today, you will end up with 500 flasks..

got it?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ZapNady
    Ok, ill try to explain my self again...(and better)

What i meen is that if you make 500 flasks after the patch, you will end up with 1000 flasks.
    If you make 500 flasks today, you will end up with 500 flasks..

got it?
    after patch make 500, get 1000 = 1000 hour worth of flasks (1flask=1h)
    live make 500, get 500 = 1000 hour worth of flasks (1flask=2h)

yeah there is no change if you make them ON the PRT, but if you make it NOW and 3.1 goes life you loose money.

Today
    Flask cost: (7 Lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You recive 1 flask, 2 hours duration. [2h Flask each worth 50g]

After patch
    Flask cost: (7 lichbloom 3 fire leaf 1 frost lotus) You will recive 2 flasks, but the duration is reduced to 1 hour. [2x1H Flask each woth 25g]

Thats if you compare echt individual.
    But if you make 50 Flasks on the life Server they are worth 2500Gold (taking numbers above), but with 3.1 you will still just have 50 Flasks, but now with shorter Duration => 50 Flasks worth 1250g.

Get materials now and Produce the Flasks when 3.1 is life, but with this chance there is still a Risk that prices will chance. But thats hard to say, because they coul go up, because more people use flasks for 30-60 min left raiding, on the other side some used one flask for 1h now, but in future thats like 0.5 flask.

15+ Year Old Account

No, No, No, No, No!

Read what Bloodelfer wrote above me.

And in direct response:
    But if you make 50 Flasks on the life Server they are worth 2500Gold (taking numbers above), but with 3.1 you will still just have 50 Flasks, but now with shorter Duration => 50 Flasks worth 1250g.
    So wrong it is not even funny. If you make 50 flasks on live, you get 50 flasks, If you have mats for 50 flasks on PTR you get 100 FLASKS!!!! It is the EXACT amount of time with a flask for the EXACT cost, you just get flasks in hour durations, not 2 hour ones. Seriously how hard is this to comprehend?

Geez is it so hard to understand? Make 50 flasks now and you have 100h of raiding, but when 3.1 hits live, those 50 flasks will be nerfed to 50h of raiding.
    But if u instead save ur mats and make the flasks after 3.1 is live, you will still have 100h raiding... Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu
    Geez is it so hard to understand? Make 50 flasks now and you have 100h of raiding, but when 3.1 hits live, those 50 flasks will be nerfed to 50h of raiding.
    But if u instead save ur mats and make the flasks after 3.1 is live, you will still have 100h raiding... Got it?
    Evidently it is so hard to understand, you still don't get it.

If you make 50 flasks now, they will STILL have the same duration after the patch, 2 hours. You will still have the SAME number of 'flask hours', regardless of when you make them. If that wasn't enough, you can swap 1x2hr for 2x1hr flasks after the patch.

Got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer
    after patch make 500, get 1000 = 1000 hour worth of flasks (1flask=1h)
    live make 500, get 500 = 1000 hour worth of flasks (1flask=2h)
    No, No, No, No, No!

Read what Bloodelfer wrote above me.

And in direct response:

So wrong it is not even funny. If you make 50 flasks on live, you get 50 flasks, If you have mats for 50 flasks on PTR you get 100 FLASKS!!!! It is the EXACT amount of time with a flask for the EXACT cost, you just get flasks in hour durations, not 2 hour ones. Seriously how hard is this to comprehend?
    What is there to understand?
    Flasks get cut in half with 3.1, even the already existing ones.

If you have one flask now for 2 hours and you patch your game on patch day that same flask will last 1 hour.
    There, lost 50% of your time.

Sure, the mats wil give you 2 flasks of 1hour each but thats after the patch, there are guilds that had stockpiled over 500 flasks in prep for Ulduar that just saw that duration cut in half when it got announced.

But well, blizz fixed that again with the exchange of flask with pre 3.1 flaks for post 3.1 flasks.

Quite clearly there seems to be a confusion here.

If, at the moment, one makes a flask, it will last 2 hours.

If after the patch (3.1) you make a flask it will last 1 hour.

After the patch, you will get 2 flasks for the same material cost that 1 would have cost you pre-patch.

Essentially the same ammount of hours.

However, the flasks you made pre patch, for which when made, you only got 1 (duration two hours), will be having their durations changed to 1 hour: Just like the new flasks which when made will last for 1 hour.

Therefore, to make flasks before the patch and to stock up doing so, would lead to a direct loss of 50%. This is because flasks you had made previously, and that would have lasted 2 hours, will now only last 1 hour.

It's for this reason Blizzard has spoken about the option to trade in flasks from pre patch for flasks post patch which will compensate the difference.

Deleted

They said you could turn in the 2 hr flasks for 1 hr flasks when the patch goes live. This will be active for two weeks time, no need to QQ.

The flasks that you make which are 2 hour now will still be 2 hour after the patch you will however be unable to make more of them. You will also be able to exchange the 2 hour flasks that you have now for 2x1 hour flasks after the patch.

So to sum up:
    2 hour flask is still 2 hour flask after patch
    You can't make 2 hour flask after patch only 1 hour
    You can exchange 1x2hour flask for 2x1 hour flasks

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/1586...ks-in-310.html

15+ Year Old Account

When 3.1 hits all Flasks in inventory (made before 3.1) will either be Mixtures (Northrend Flasks) or 1 hour Flasks (pre-Northrend Flasks)

Mixture x1 can be traded for Northrend Flask x2 (the 1 hour ones)

Elixir Master will still get procs in 3.1 when making Flask resulting in x4, x6, x8 and x10 (not sure about the last ones but x4 I got fact from PTR) which is equivalent to pre-3.1 procs of x2, x3, x4 and x5.