Thread: PvP as shadow

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by doomguard
    Before 3.1 we are better off pvping as critter than pvping as shadowpriest.

    After 3.1 we are just as bad as every other caster. Arena fights are fought at melee range after all so dont expect to ever do better in a melee fight then ... well melee!!!
    True but with the new disarm they may stand a chance........who am I kidding, your right please disregard

  2. #22

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    you won't get to dps in arena as shadow, not yet at least.
    Exactly. Basically dot as much as you can, and fire those CDs, and then you become a heal/dispel bot.

    In BGs or city raids, you can hide and pile up huge numbers.

    In other world pvp, if you see something first, you can nuke them. On carebear server, they see you first and it's usually over since you won't jog around in your pvp set. If you happen to be flagged.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  3. #23

    Re: PvP as shadow

    im doing fine as PVP as shadow seeing how all im doing in PVP is see a flagged allience out in the world and dot him up mind blast and wait for the dots to finish him off
    World of Warcraft has just as much right and responsibility to create new lore just as the old Warcraft games and books did.

    Fucking deal with it.

  4. #24

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Xip
    yes...4 savage,750 ressi,1960 sp(inner fire),20.6k hp(buffed),13.3k mana

    2v2 team 2010 rating
    setup Spriest/rogue(irl friend) mutilate,flawless victor(he got boosted,left the team,didnt got shoulders)
    my spec 15/2/54
    link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Victorianox

    my opinion : its hard like hell but with good cc and if your rogue doing good job this is 100 % "you cant get stunned to death" like some1 said...
    you need good comunication,best if you sitting next to each other or talking on skype...
    hardest setups : discp priest/rogue (if they are undeads),
    DK/Hpala (if they are not stupid enough,have a little skill)
    Mage(frost,arcane)/rogue (again if they are undeads)
    rest is fine...well didnt saw good shaman/dk but i can say that shaman is much easier to kill then the paladin...
    and yes i almost forgot : your rogue needs ( M U S T ) googles from engineering and back (stealth enchant) otherwise any rogue/X team...you are 100 % dead... well this is me...
    if some1 say "you play discp,you just respeced" i hate discp and have hunter,rogue...all dps,all glads and i dont like healing ! ))
    i like shadow,but they need buffs(they are coming) and i think i can get easily 2.3k + after patch...
    big /respect for shadows in arena,any shadows on any rating...specialy those on 2.3k + atm...very few of them

    My spelling...sorry...


    Summary : i get carried by a rogue.


    Good for you.

  5. #25

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Yeh its sad. The SP is barely doing anything its all the rogue. Just shows how OP they really are .
    As for those hopeing 3.1 will bring the salvation of the SP in pvp it wont. Nothing has changed on the PTR.
    Its still world-of-melle-stun-anti-magic-burst-craft. And burst is somthing we have none of. All the changed in 3.1 do is delay our deaths by a few more seconds. Thank god for dual spec, Disp for pvp shadow for raiding.


  6. #26

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Yeah, basically.

    As was said above, in a Shadow Priest + Rogue team, the Rogue does 95% of the work.
    The reason Shadow Priest + Rogue can't get high ratings like this is because the Rogue has to be amazing. And by amazing I mean in the first percentile of PvP Rogues. Unfortunately, most Rogues are complete crap at their class (and WoW in general), so finding one who can carry you is hard.

    The disarm isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Feral Druids, Retadins, Rogues, Fury Warriors, and to some extent, Death Knights, still destroy us in PvP. Feral Druids even more than before.

  7. #27

    Re: PvP as shadow

    The problem with Shadow Priest PVP (on live) is that we simply can't defend ourselves. We have one form of CC which is easily broken, and after that, we're done. We have two choices.


    We can hope to god that our attacker sucks, or is undergeared and simply can't kill us in time, or that your partner comes to help.

    Do you dare drop shadow form to spam heals? You could, but you'd waste all of your mana doing so.

    Combine all of this with a healthy dose of being unable to move, or constantly being snared, and you're done.


    My belief is that Shadow / Rogue PVP works so well, because everyone goes for the shadow priest FIRST out of instinct.

    When it comes down to it all, the Shadow Priest just can't defend himself without an overpowered class nearby.

    Come 3.1... i'll actually be able to take on someone stealing my mining node and feel confident in doing so. It's a big moment for us all.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  8. #28

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    The problem with Shadow Priest PVP (on live) is that we simply can't defend ourselves. We have one form of CC which is easily broken, and after that, we're done. We have two choices.


    We can hope to god that our attacker sucks, or is undergeared and simply can't kill us in time, or that your partner comes to help.

    Do you dare drop shadow form to spam heals? You could, but you'd waste all of your mana doing so.

    Combine all of this with a healthy dose of being unable to move, or constantly being snared, and you're done.


    My belief is that Shadow / Rogue PVP works so well, because everyone goes for the shadow priest FIRST out of instinct.

    When it comes down to it all, the Shadow Priest just can't defend himself without an overpowered class nearby.

    Come 3.1... i'll actually be able to take on someone stealing my mining node and feel confident in doing so. It's a big moment for us all.
    Its that whole game not designed around 1v1. Crazy huh?

  9. #29
    High Overlord bayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Gyönk
    Posts
    140

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by warboss
    Its that whole game not designed around 1v1. Crazy huh?
    its that it doesnt feels good to be on the bottom of the food chain...

    ..: Character: Armory :..
    ..: Config: AMD PhenomII X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Ram, GF GTX460, 2.6TB HDD, Gentoo Linux :..

  10. #30

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Translation - *Without my OP rogue friend to win everyting for me i suck and die to everything*

    Sad state of affairs indeed.


  11. #31

    Re: PvP as shadow

    umm dude.. Youv been carried to 2k by your rogue friend. You dont actually do anything in the arena, u stand there and watch while the rogue does everything.... So who is the one that sucks now?

    I see that ur 3v3 has 1460 rateing... Another fact to prove the rogue is doing 100% of your 2v2 work. Do u /afk in the 2v2s?
    Also from watching countless videos of matches over 2k rateings on the 2v2 bracket.
    Teams appear to get shitter as you pass the 2k mark. Hunters useing crabs, palas that dont heal, mages that dont ice block. Its amazeing. Your just lucky + being carried, that is all.


  12. #32

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Xip
    i am so sorry for this guy!!! hahahahahaha i give a fuk about you and your thinking....hhahahahahahaha not my fault you SUCK SO MUCH AND YOU CANT DO SHIT....pls stop playing WoW(atleast with priest if you playing) go play tetris...

    2k lolz.. been glad, old news. be proud of that carried 2k. Im not even proud of being a former glad because it means nothing.

    Just the way you speak makes me unable to take you seriously. I don't even know what to say, im embarrassed for you i guess?

  13. #33

    Re: PvP as shadow

    1.Guyz i don get u....tryin judging someone doesn t help anyone!
    2.yy shadow is not totally viable in pvp.BUT it's not that bad as someone believes!i am currently shadow in 2v2 running team with retri paladin.stats 20k life(pw:fn),1850spelldmg,830 resi,16% crit.the thing is we re doing good enough.not 2k.but good.the only melee i see i have too much truble is cat druids and "some"rogues not all of them.The true problem is that:we re on focus aaaaaall the time.shadowpriest is good...but like ALL dps just can t take TOO much dmg...but if they not focus us....we hit like a truck!and after the patch we will be even better.so stop sayin it can t be done..if u like that spec play it.learn it.go pwn someone or 2... :P .
    And the guy is right.if u can t do it,that doesn t meen it can t been happening!!!
    Oh...and Xip gz in 2050!! gives me hopes

  14. #34

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by Xip
    but i like this...priest(1500 rating) telling the other priest(2050rating)
    "Mate you suck,you dont know how to play,you just carried by your rogue"
    this is translation...
    "Mate i suck but i am to jealous when i see that you have 2050 rating with shadow so i need to tell you something...you dont do anything,your rogue does all things and you just run becasue i know that shadowpriest are useless in arenas and they are dead instantly(wrong) and now i feel better"
    1min later...
    run back to city...
    /2(trade) "LF rogue for 2v2!!! i am skilled,800 ressilience,bla bla bla"
    Have you got any idea how stupid you are or does it have to be drawn to you? Childish comments, attitude of a 9 year old and the fact that you don't realize that your rogue IS 90% of your team just make you look terrible. HF giving out l2p comments, it's like being lectured on sex by a virgin.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Have you got any idea how stupid you are or does it have to be drawn to you? Childish comments, attitude of a 9 year old and the fact that you don't realize that your rogue IS 90% of your team just make you look terrible. HF giving out l2p comments, it's like being lectured on sex by a virgin.
    Dude got a point though. If its so easy to be taken by a rogue to >2000 ratings, then why doesn't every shadowpriest in the world have >2000 rating? Because it actually takes skill out of both partners? I never really tried shadow in arena with a rogue this season, but I cannot imagine that as the shadowpriest you only sit there and take a beating. There's LOSing, dispersing, fading, dotting, manaburning, etc. pp.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  16. #36

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Shadow is worst class/spec for arena at the moment.

    But if you are a REALLY good priest, you will 2k easy. (with rogue IS about only option)

    You play it like healer/rogue

    They focus you, rogue peels off you while you fear/get them to blow trinket, then blind/silence the healer.....If you can communticate you can win lots of matches this way.
    Time your blind/silence with you're rogues 5pt kideny Mut/CBEvic and Innerfocus MindBlast/SW and they are dead

    Only sure loss counter is double dps witha DK on it really, cuz you can't peel thru IBF.... or double undead



    The ONLY time you are dps'ing with your rogue is when
    1)they switch to rogue and he blow's CD's
    2) MB/SW at the end of your CC train
    3) you have enough distance to throw up dots

    As for everyone saying blah blah rogue all the work blah blah if its so easy why doesn't every priest do it blah blah blah

    This comp isn't for the nub that stands barely in LoS in BG's and dots everything, you have to play your priest well, knowing that you will be the focus 99% of the time. And you're rogue has to play very well to to put on pressure while keeping dps peeled off of you.

    Communicate
    you know

    there are 2200 pally/dk's and 1300 pally/dk's with the same gear just fyi.

    other than that, heal your rogue, dispell offensively and defensively

  17. #37

    Re: PvP as shadow

    I think its not the worst...elemental/enhancement shamman are worst Imo!

  18. #38

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Dude got a point though. If its so easy to be taken by a rogue to >2000 ratings, then why doesn't every shadowpriest in the world have >2000 rating? Because it actually takes skill out of both partners? I never really tried shadow in arena with a rogue this season, but I cannot imagine that as the shadowpriest you only sit there and take a beating. There's LOSing, dispersing, fading, dotting, manaburning, etc. pp.
    Well of course you don't take the beating and stand there, but the rogue has to defend you and put a lot of pressure on the opponents. After priest fires fear and dispersion, there's nothing left for defense, which is where the teammate kicks in. The reason why shadowpriests don't have a million of ratings is because a mage is better teammate, many rogues are just morons, just like many shadowpriests are. If there's a team of 2 guys who communicate well, know how to play then there's no reason NOT to have 2k rating. I never said he doesn't have a point, but his AHAHHAHA comments are just so damn retarded I can't bring myself to take him seriously.

  19. #39

    Re: PvP as shadow

    The main problem is finding a rogue good enough to carry you upto that rateing. Iv tried, and beleive me some rogues have no idea what to do. The few iv tried with dont know were there blind button is, they dont sap.. they dont know were there COS buttons is, they simply run in and spam muti and evis.. And wonder why they fail lol..


  20. #40

    Re: PvP as shadow

    Does your keyboard suck and your . gets stuck all the time or are you just a tard?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •