Warlock 3.1 Changes

I play a afflcition warlock on Quel'Thalas. I re-rolled a warlock for WOLTK to purley play this one tree. I've had a look at the patch notes and from my point of view its bad for me. Not just a little but a lot. However sometimes they can seem worse then they are so my questions are:

Has anyone been on the PTR and tried afflcition?
    How are we scaling with others?
    What about the other specs are spammers doing more damage now?

I got a feeling I am going to have to change chars again if they are as bad as they sound! Any feedback be cool.

Ta

Re: Warlock 3.1 Changes

Heard from a friend (Lock on the PTR) that they are in great shape and get buffed. From what ive seen demo looks a lot better now and the destro changes (incl the glyphs) are pretty sweet too.

Concerning affliction, i cant say much, but i think the changes to the tree are minimal and what they changed they buffed a bit, especially that you dont need ruin anymore in affliction is pretty sweet.

A good spec imo would be this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...4&version=9684

ofc some of it is debatable, but i think not having to get 15 points in destro opens some more utility points.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asanodur
    This is FAIL.

Why in the world would you like to miss out 100% Crit DMG?
    And Demo Pact? Thats a waste of a GCD where Life Tap grants you SpellDMG and more Mana.
    IMP Felhunter? The Sukki succedes your doggie.
    No Soul Siphon - GZ gimping your execute.

Sorry for smart-assing - i just couldn't take it. :P

@ OP:
    I think that Affli will turn out quite well. The new Pandemic seems nerfed at first glance but if you read carefully you'll notice there is no Internal-CD mentioned. Somebody on EJ tested it on 3 or 5 dummies with CORR on em - Pandemic Uptime 100% - OH JOY, OH JOY!!!
    The Doomguard (love that thing) also got its CD cut by half.
    And the new Rota will leave you more time for Fillers/Taps/Movement - altho i enjoy it's current state.

Time will tell.

EDIT: Taken from EJ Forums:
    Simulation Craft on Post 3.1 Specs

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah
    This is FAIL.

Why in the world would you like to miss out 100% Crit DMG?
    And Demo Pact? Thats a waste of a GCD where Life Tap grants you SpellDMG and more Mana.
    IMP Felhunter? The Sukki succedes your doggie.
    No Soul Siphon - GZ gimping your execute.

Sorry for smart-assing - i just couldn't take it. :P

@ OP:
    I think that Affli will turn out quite well. The new Pandemic seems nerfed at first glance but if you read carefully you'll notice there is no Internal-CD mentioned. Somebody on EJ tested it on 3 or 5 dummies with CORR on em - Pandemic Uptime 100% - OH JOY, OH JOY!!!
    The Doomguard (love that thing) also got its CD cut by half.
    And the new Rota will leave you more time for Fillers/Taps/Movement - altho i enjoy it's current state.

Time will tell.
    Ahhh never knew about them removing the hidden CD from it. So in theory its been buffed but as a nerf ?

Can't wait to give it a try to be honest. I hope its not crap though. Someone with a 8 button rotation should be above someone with a one button rotation :P

15+ Year Old Account

*Upper post updated*

Affliction is more or less in the same state on PTR as it is on LIVE - DPS wise. Possibly a bit lower, but that's intended. Heltah summarized it quite well. If anything, the loss of two DoTs just made the rotation duller.

While I'm most likely going destro or demo / destro once 3.1 hits, this is the aff spec I currently run with on the PTR:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=IrxrbzMAoVA0Ikt0zZE0oV
    As long as I have my draenei I'm hit capped with 2/3 Suppression, thus the point in Cataclysm.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVA0Ikt0zZE0MV

i'm gonna run with this build with succy out or the imp where it's bad for melee pet

glyph
    haunt, COA, life tap

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by steroni
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVA0Ikt0zZE0MV

i'm gonna run with this build with succy out or the imp where it's bad for melee pet

glyph
    haunt, COA, life tap
    Same plan here once LIVE hits (If there's no major changes that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Quad
    Affliction is more or less in the same state on PTR as it is on LIVE - DPS wise. Possibly a bit lower, but that's intended. Heltah summarized it quite well. If anything, the loss of two DoTs just made the rotation duller.

While I'm most likely going destro or demo / destro once 3.1 hits, this is the aff spec I currently run with on the PTR:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent=IrxrbzMAoVA0Ikt0zZE0oV
    As long as I have my draenei I'm hit capped with 2/3 Suppression, thus the point in Cataclysm.
    I'm using this exact same build as well, except I took another pt out of suppression and put it into cataclysm also. Also using glyphs of Life Tap, CoA, and Haunt.

I havent noticed much of a change in dps at all, I think the new glyphs made up for the loss, I really dig them. But as for the new rotation at first I found it real boring but I got used to it. The only thing that really disappoints me is that my drain soul ticks aren't as high now, that was always my favorite part of a boss fight, seeing 18k ticks.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.