Dungeon saving idea

How often do you encounter that a healer has to leave before you get to the last boss, and after looking for a new healer for some time, everyone starts leaving the group. Now you're stuck at an unfinished instance. And that sucks.

There might be one way to make it work.

Just think about Violet Hold.
    If you wipe, you have to start all over again, but you can't get any loot from the bosses you've already killed.

So, you killed 2 bosses in any random heroic, and the group falls apart. No way you can get to last boss.
    But if you do the same as in Violet Hold, you can easily get into a new group, in which the other players that are new to that instance will get loot for the bosses you have already kiled, but you don't.

Problem solved.

Re: Dungeon saving idea

Quote Originally Posted by superbotje
    How often do you encounter that a healer has to leave before you get to the last boss, and after looking for a new healer for some time, everyone starts leaving the group. Now you're stuck at an unfinished instance. And that sucks.

There might be one way to make it work.

Just think about Violet Hold.
    If you wipe, you have to start all over again, but you can't get any loot from the bosses you've already killed.

So, you killed 2 bosses in any random heroic, and the group falls apart. No way you can get to last boss.
    But if you do the same as in Violet Hold, you can easily get into a new group, in which the other players that are new to that instance will get loot for the bosses you have already kiled, but you don't.

Problem solved.

dont pug

problem solved
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras

dont pug
    problem solved
    Where does the OP say it is a PUG? You mean someone in your guild hasnt had to leave mid run for real life reasons?

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

It's actually a very good idea, cant see any issues with it.

Yes, would be better to be saved to single bosses rather than to the whole instance.
    At least Naxx could be split into 5 area-IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edea
    It's actually a very good idea, cant see any issues with it.
    Agree, it's got merit.
    Except from an achievement points view. You could try and try again until you get it.

This sounds to me like it would imbalance and overly complicate loot distribution in a raid.

Some clarification (because i've never had the misfortune of entering an already partially cleared VH). Does VH heroic currently work this way? That is, if member A leaves, new member F comes in, gets a badge and loot from the first boss or bosses? I realize that players B thru E get not loot or badges, of course.

Now, as I see it this system (that you vaguely presented, so I could be wrong), would have bosses already killed repopping like trash, but only giving loot to new, 'unsaved to those bosses' raid members.

If this is indeed the case, it seems as though it would overcomplicate loot distribution, increase the time needed to complete an instance in the event of a drop, and perhaps make it PREFERABLE to join an instance thats already been cleared in order that they get first or only dibs on loot from previous boss rekills (since no one else can roll on it)

Overall I think this would lessen your chances of completing an instance where a critical member dropped, due to people not wanting to re-clear trash/bosses for no reward.